Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Very unlikely. He was heavily linked to Sydney at the next pick (which teaching for Sheldrick may prove).

I was very high on Johnson and Goater so wouldn’t have been my pick here. But get the traits and get the skill level
Is probably at a level that can see him
Play multiple positions.

Not unhappy but wouldn’t have been my first choice.

Nevertheless, welcome Tom!

took the words out of my mouth

Welcome Tom .Hopefully you have more ticker than your old man had at Geelong.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ll assume you are not aware that his father Paul was king hit in a unprovoked attack a few years ago and for a long time was not expected to live.
His rehab from that incident has been nothing but a strength of ticker.
This family went through hell and back .

No good picking mids who dominate junior footy but don't have the tank, explosiveness or foot speed to get near it at senior level. Can only imagine that applies to some who've slipped.. not just past us either.. we need to get top end mids for our next tilt but If they arent there then they aren't there. We need the next Cotch not the next Kane Lucas.

We also love fast players espeically half backs who can cover different types of forwards. How good is Broad?! Speed is key.

I'm a little shocked that we overlooked Johnson at this pick, however Brown was always expected to go in the next couple of selections, so he clearly wasn't a reach. I'm happy to back our recruitment team in over the selection and look forward to seeing him become the next Tom Stewart of the AFL as reported this week.
I do wonder if we have him earmarked more as a wingman though as we seem pretty stacked in defence already

I’ll assume you are not aware that his father Paul was king hit in a unprovoked attack a few years ago and for a long time was not expected to live.
His rehab from that incident has been nothing but a strength of ticker.
This family went through hell and back .
That's bad luck for him .
I was commenting on his football career at Geelong.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a little shocked that we overlooked Johnson at this pick, however Brown was always expected to go in the next couple of selections, so he clearly wasn't a reach. I'm happy to back our recruitment team in over the selection and look forward to seeing him become the next Tom Stewart of the AFL as reported this week.
I do wonder if we have him earmarked more as a wingman though as we seem pretty stacked in defence already
Johnson a massive flight risk.
there is a reason all non WA teams overlooked him.
will end up at freo who will win this draft by a long way and are building nicely.
but let’s see what happens tomorrow night.
we ain’t done with yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect to the kid, pretty meh selection here. Given we need mids and a KPF. This guy probably could have been snapped up at one if the picks in the 20s.

Also not sure a HBF/medium defender is a pressing need.

Hope they have plans to maybe turn him into a winger/outside mid?
Apparently swans very interested in him with the pick after ours and you’d think cats might have had some interest as well so no guarantee he gets to our 20’s picks. We must have rated him as the best available at that pick and selected him.
happy to back the recruiters in here, they live and breath this stuff.

Welcome Tom Brown. The next Tom Stewart or Bailey Dale?

will end up at freo who will win this draft by a long way and are building nicely.
we ain’t done with yet.

Agreed Dockers are quietly building a very good junior group to go forward with.

we ain’t done with yet.
WC passed on him too 🧐

Remove this Banner Ad

Back