Club Focus Hawthorn 2021 - Lynch, Ward, Butler, MacDonald, Serong

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 5, 21, 24 to be used or upgraded. 59 will possibly be a Box Hill pick up and 65 won't be used, as we keep a spot open.

"We couldn't believe player X slipped his way down to us and thought he would go much earlier "
If only North would fumble their pick again this year.

We’re in a bit of a tough spot. Teams like port could get just as good player as us with pick 12 vs our pick 5 (eg Sinn vs ward) . Unless clubs are really set on a certain player may be hard to trade back.

And the real quality may all be gone by our picks 21/24 (or maybe only 1-2 slide through to 21) - the real trading action is likely in the teens where cost of trading back in may be high. We’re not in a position like dees where trading a future first is low risk.

We then don’t have anything til pick 50 odd so miss out on the next tier of mids.

Will see what MM can pull out but after not getting much done in trade week not that confident we’ll see much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s happened and the depth is now there in the 20’s , we held our nerve while other clubs took the punt and reached pushing out some series quality.
We held our future first which could be used to secure 19 if we see fit .
We now effectively have pick 3 and 6 in a ridiculously deep pool .

tomorrow night shapes our future imo

21) Freo - Johnson
22) North - Motlop
23) Hawks - Sonsie
24) Cats - Knevitt
25) Cats - Conway?
26) Butler/Howes/Bazzo/Goater/Taylor/Curtis/Clarke?

I reckon we're locked on Sonsie at 23(which is great), and whoever we take at 26 I'll be pretty stoked with as there so many players left that I like.

21) Freo - Johnson
22) North - Motlop
23) Hawks - Sonsie
24) Cats - Knevitt
25) Cats - Conway?
26) Butler/Howes/Bazzo/Goater/Taylor/Curtis/Clarke?

I reckon we're locked on Sonsie at 23(which is great), and whoever we take at 26 I'll be pretty stoked with as there so many players left that I like.

Agree with freo and johnson. North is the unknown do they take goater or draper to pair with JHF or do they take a tall.

Geelong will take any of MJ/goater/sonsie if there i think. Knevitt is a good chance for our other pick although theres some mail we want mcdonald before richmond can get him. Id consider conway with one of our later picks but not 25.

I'm torn. Clearly we rate Johnson highly, but there's a very decent argument that we need a quantity of quality
I think if Cal was right which he was about the entire top 16 (Outside of GWS)

Then hawks certainly would be offering F2 and 23 for M.Johnson unless they rate Sonsie very closely to MJ and are happy to miss M.Johnson

Agree with freo and johnson. North is the unknown do they take goater or draper to pair with JHF or do they take a tall.

Geelong will take any of MJ/goater/sonsie if there i think. Knevitt is a good chance for our other pick although theres some mail we want mcdonald before richmond can get him. Id consider conway with one of our later picks but not 25.
Yeah, I think Cats take McDonald.

Hawks likely end up with two of Sonsie, Butler, Howes and Bazzo.

Yeah, I think Cats take McDonald.

If I was a betting man, I think Hawks will end up with two of Sonsie, Butler, Howes and Bazzo.

If i had to guess we take knevitt and mcdonald which im ok with. Id be stoked with goater or sonsie. Wells is left field so i wouldnt be surprised if we take howes or butler.

If i had to guess we take knevitt and mcdonald which im ok with. Id be stoked with goater or sonsie. Wells is left field so i wouldnt be surprised if we take howes or butler.

If Sonsie drops I don’t think we can not take him. But assume the Hawks grab him.

I’m with you that I think it’s most likely Knevitt and MacDonald. Would prefer Goater to Knevitt though. Taylor being the wildcard. Going to be interesting..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back