List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas james 888

Debutant
Mar 24, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing personally against Tucker, however he played some atrocious games in 21 - has a really bad habit of tucking the ball under his arm and trying to break a tackle only to get caught & his disposal was horrible at times also.

looks like a player who lacks any confidence.

id be hoping he’s not a 22 player come round 1.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Nothing personally against Tucker, however he played some atrocious games in 21 - has a really bad habit of tucking the ball under his arm and trying to break a tackle only to get caught & his disposal was horrible at times also.

I hope he is part of our best 22. If he is then it means he has re-found his confidence.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing personally against Tucker, however he played some atrocious games in 21 - hase a really bad habit of tucking the ball under his arm and trying to break a tackle only to get caught & his disposal was horrible at times also.

What pissed me off is that he kept slipping and getting caught multiple times. Would much rather we develop Clark on the wing to make up for lost time in his development. Have Freddy play wing in the WAFL in the meantime.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clark is a far better player at half back than he is on the wing with more structural and defensive importance, why would we target him and pay a decent price and play him out of position as a winger?
Clark is a far better player on the wing than he is at half back with more structural and defensive importance, why would we target him and pay a decent price and play him out of position as a defender?

Troy Cooked It

Senior List
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clark is a far better player on the wing than he is at half back with more structural and defensive importance, why would we target him and pay a decent price and play him out of position as a defender?
A fair retort, but after hearing JL on the AFL draft podcast, I think we are all going to have to accept the fact that Clark is playing half back. Now what to do about those feeling of paying such a high price for a skinny half back flanker I'm not too sure, but he is not going to be a winger (to start at least).

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
I think both Geelong and Fremantle now disagree with him being a winger primarily, he was also drafted as a halfback/medium defender

I also don’t think that the modern half back position is more accountable and structurally rigid than the modern winger

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Young and Clark are the distributors.

Pearce/Cox/Logue/Hamling/Chapman are the talls
Ryan/Walker/Wilson/ are mediums

Pearce/Cox/Ryan are IN

ONE spot to fill

I think it will be Walker but just as happy with Chapman or Logue.

One thing for sure is that we have some real depth and competition for spots! Good stuff.
Chapman.

Logue 😂 *ing spare me

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I think both Geelong and Fremantle now disagree with him being a winger primarily, he was also drafted as a halfback/medium defender

I also don’t think that the modern half back position is more accountable and structurally rigid than the modern winger
Geelong don't have a shortage of half back flankers. Some of them are pretty ordinary and it has always concerned me that Clark was not rated in front of them. I get that there was a rift between Scarlett and Clark, and I guess I am hoping that is the basis of it, and I guess we will find out. But the 4x1km time trials was a fine beginning.

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tucker is basically our Chris Masten. Talked up every pre season - and played a grand total of 3 good games for the club. He’s not young anymore. If this was EPL or the NBA he would have been moved on by now. Come to think of it, if he was drafted late or as a rookie he would have suffered the same fate.
Tucker is a part-time junkie??

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
A fair retort, but after hearing JL on the AFL draft podcast, I think we are all going to have to accept the fact that Clark is playing half back. Now what to do about those feeling of paying such a high price for a skinny half back flanker I'm not too sure, but he is not going to be a winger (to start at least).
Of course it's okay for him to get some experience in the backline but I want him primarily to play on the wing in the future. If we wasted a *ing pick to get another skinny halfback flanker when we dropped Watson because "we had too many defenders" I will be fuming.

rubydoomsday

Debutant
Mar 6, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC
Clark stood in for Tom Stewart, basically the best rebound defender in the comp, and didn't look out of place when he did. they played ok together in their limited shared game time, too.

i know we need outside run, but the kid can *definitely* launch attacks off HB.

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I will save that for tomorrow if we hold firm and take Johnson, it’s going to be tough as I think offers will come. Goater, sonsie, Johnson all sliders.
What about if we slide that pick + still pick up Johnson + maybe Bazzo because of it.

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would be very astounded if that happened, no way Johnson gets past the hawks and with the other talent available can’t see North selling the farm to move up one spot, they’ll get their guy anyway.
North wouldn’t have to sell any farms just slide 34 to 53
Sure the Hawks are into Johnson but they’re also into Sonsie, mind you I don’t think
you could trust Mitchell.

Best quote from this article is this from Erasmus

“I’m pretty confident that round one is not too much of a stretch,” the Subiaco product said.

That's the restrained confidence / arrogance you need to succeed, love it

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm trying to get a handle on the heights in the main photo in this article.

If Amiss is 196cm, and JL is 198cm (not sure if correct) Erasmus must be 193-94cm?

If he's even close to this, discounting the possibility of wearing platform shoes or having him stand on a step to rub salt into the wounds of salty Weagle fans, he's going to be a ******* beast!

I'm not big on playing rookies much in their first season, but he could easily line up on a HFF come round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back