Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
My dad who’s an interstate member got an email offering giving him a $30 club voucher and options to change to a package which better suits his needs.

I pay $380 a year for a home match membership, have not seen us live in that time, no email and no roo shop voucher…

That is ******* disgraceful and just another example of the Club capitalising on the good will and love of the Club

That is ******* disgraceful and just another example of the Club capitalising on the good will and love of the Club
My card expired recently.

I've had about six calls from the club in the last month. Haven't bothered returning them yet.

I think i'll wait till I'm in Melbourne next and pay in dollar coins.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
My card expired recently.

I've had about six calls from the club in the last month. Haven't bothered returning them yet.

I think i'll wait till I'm in Melbourne next and pay in dollar coins.
i went the other way, got a call about some raffle thing - bought a ticket cause why not and updated my credit card deets at the same time.

i went the other way, got a call about some raffle thing - bought a ticket cause why not and updated my credit card deets at the same time.
I got the raffle call during a meeting. Said I was working, they apologized and said they would call back after work hours, if I was ok with that, and hung up. Was a refreshing change from the hard sell.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
North Melbourne members couldn't even get a lousy bumper sticker last year. Considering that we were locked out for most of the season and had no hope of redeeming our membership access at games, most games were broadcast on Foxtel and not free-to air, the Kayo App could have and should have been made free to all registered members. But instead, the AFL and Telstra decided to add insult to injury for club members by sticking everybody (who's only option to see a game is via streaming) with a $15 per-month fee to access Kayo (when Telstra used to offer free streaming to members).

$15 per-month doesn't sound like much, but in the bigger picture when members have already paid on average between $200 - $380 per-person prior to the start of the season in the expectation of being able to watch live games the idea of being forced to fork out an additional $120(+) to watch your games on a telephone screen is a bit rich and frankly just ripping off the people who sustain the AFL (The supporters). I don't know too many people who would say that they are "made of money"; but the AFL, the Clubs, energy companies and the government seem to somehow think that we all are.

At least we're debt free :thumbsupv1:

Last edited:
I got the raffle call during a meeting. Said I was working, they apologized and said they would call back after work hours, if I was ok with that, and hung up. Was a refreshing change from the hard sell.
I got the same type of call. I said I was unemployed and they said "no worries l hope things work out for you." and hung up. Once again no hard sell. ..

$15 per-month doesn't sound like much, but in the bigger picture when members have already paid on average between $200 - $380 per-person prior to the start of the season in the expectation of being able to watch live games the idea of being forced to fork out an additional $120(+) to watch your games on a telephone screen is a bit rich and frankly just ripping off the people who sustain the AFL (The supporters). I don't know too many people who would say that they are "made of money"; but the AFL, the Clubs, energy companies and the government seem to somehow think that we all are.

At least we're debt free :thumbsupv1:
I thoroughly recommend getting a Chromecast, I am really stupid when it comes to tech stuff but is a really easy solution to getting stuff to play on your TV

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I thoroughly recommend getting a Chromecast, I am really stupid when it comes to tech stuff but is a really easy solution to getting stuff to play on your TV
I do that already but the point is more about being hiked an extra $15 per month in addition to membership to watch games that aren't telecast free-to-air. It's frustrating when you can't get to all home games, worse when games are played interstate and last season and 2020 were just horrible because we paid memberships and were locked out for most of the season even from home games. It wasn't fair and members were seriously ripped off with memberships being nothing more than a donation to the clubs. For the last two years members of AFL clubs have gotten virtually nothing for their money and Telstra (Kayo) and the AFL in their wisdom decided that it was okay to make AFL Club Members pay an extra $15 per month premium to stream AFL games.

Anyway enough beefing ... At least I can Chromecast :thumbsu: :D

I mean they could have given you no discount at all and you'd have to pay full price. Its also not just for AFL games. Its every sport. The 15 dollar Kayo is far better value than the free AFL pass we used to get.

How is it not? Can watch on any device and not limited to a phone sized screen. Can cast to a TV with no issue. Has access to every other sport that foxtel has the rights to.

How is it not? Can watch on any device and not limited to a phone sized screen. Can cast to a TV with no issue. Has access to every other sport that foxtel has the rights to.
It's even better if you're with Telstra. You get it for $5.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I thought that was just a one off after they stopped showing games live on the AFL app.
It was, although Telstra also seems to have special offers of various subscription services every now and again.

I’m not sure what I’ll do when our current $5 offer runs out - I enjoy having Kayo but can’t justify a regular commitment of even the $15/month. I know it’s better, but the free service was at least a way to watch away and Tasmania home games that didn’t add to already high costs of following the AFL.

Anyway, on topic, signed up to AFLW and I‘ve had emails that my AFl club membership will go through around now.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1637908129896.png

Back