Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus

Remove this Banner Ad

Club definitely pick him as forward. Natural attack of the ball in the air that the very best forwards have, very Naughton like in that regard.

Not sure what his goal kicking is like but kicking is the overall knock on his game.

The best available Key Defender with very average kick as a forward ? Over Amiss?
🤦‍♂️

Love this pick. Backline is set for a decade with the big pillars to build around.
Tarrant will play til he is 42 so it’s going to be quite a ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the enthusiasm Gibbo has when discussing how he wants to get to the club next week. Reckon he is absolutely rapt at being picked up by the club.

Gotta love the enthusiasm Gibbo has when discussing how he wants to get to the club next week. Reckon he is absolutely rapt at being picked up by the club.

Like 2 best mates just having a chinwag.

Like 2 best mates just having a chinwag.

Gibbo got pied a little by Browny though for a second or so. Just awkward silence when Gibbo said the hard work doesn't start until next week.

With Gibcus and Brown, we got 2 of the 3 highest standing vertical jump scorers in the state testing. Butler is other one. Brown was 1st. Gibcus 3rd.

Have to be happy with this pick.
Didn’t overthink it and took best available; probably the fifth best player in the draft behind the first four picks.

A few years of learning off of Tarrant, Grimes and even Jack and Lynch is going to be a great opportunity for him.

Exciting pick.

So we have him as a Grimes replacement, Miller must be an Astbury replacement, Balta is Rance and Brown is Broad. I think we are making our rebuild from the back half so next year will be our mid draft.

I tend to think the club has something brewing for next year re: a free agent mid being traded in. There's no doubt the club needs mids and for them to go with 2 defenders to me says they've got something up their sleeves for next year. Most of these trades are done 12 months out.

Either way, the kid looks very promising. Look forward to seeing him develop over the next couple of years.

welcome josh,had this guy rated next best to Callahan and Ward,well done tiges he gonna be a star,best swingman in the game by 2025
Aaron Naughton MK II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back