Review 2021 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Johnson play at the grand final opening. He very much plays like Patrick Cripps so it's surprising he slid so far.

Dons must of wanted Sinn and thought Eagles would take Hobbs so it was a break even.

GWS passed over Andrew for Alleer. Maybe they figured that Alleer will turn out better.

Eagles trading back and taking Chesser was stranger but I guess they don't need either hobbs or Johnson when they still have Kelly.

Weird take . I'd say Johnson's strength is his foot skills and his weakness is his contested work the complete opposite to Patrick cripps.

Gws took the best player in the open pool after horne, why would they pass on that to take needs base so early. They obviously like what Andrew brings athletically so went for next best in alleer.

Eagles were rumoured to be into chesser so he was likely preferred ahead of Hobbs (not that I agree with it ) by sliding back risk free of not losing their preferred player they also got a free 2nd round pick.

You can't make any statements like that. Andrew could be the best player in the game for all we know. There's a 50% chance that one of Callaghan or Aleer don't become good players.
You can't make statements like that. Callaghan or Aleer could be two of the best players in the game for all we know. There's a 68.47% chance that Mac Andrew doesn't become a good player.

You can't make any statements like that. Andrew could be the best player in the game for all we know. There's a 50% chance that one of Callaghan or Aleer don't become good players.

Possibly but GWS made the correct call. Callahan is the right decision best live pick available. Worry about 13 later, feel ideally they wanted Gibcus but he went to Richmond

Essendon must have really wanted Josh Sinn for Port to trade up to solely get passed them to grab him. Twomey pretty much confirmed that. Port must have had rock solid info to do that trade.

The essendon box looked miffed.

On the plus side they got a bloke who really wants to play for them, but missed on the bloke they really wanted.

Thank you port for making Dodo settle for the inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else confused why Adelaide would select another very short player with such a high pick and a small forward to boot? He would want to be a pretty special talent, because these types can be found very deep in the draft as they well know with Cameron and Betts.

They kind of blew it drafting the vanilla short people in Jones and McHenry when there were guns everywhere in that draft, Gallucci an epic fail and Millera isn't exactly a success either just yet. Seems another strange selection, why go so small all the time?

Anyone else confused why Adelaide would select another very short player with such a high pick and a small forward to boot? He would want to be a pretty special talent, because these types can be found very deep in the draft as they well know with Cameron and Betts.

They kind of blew it drafting the vanilla short people in Jones and McHenry when there were guns everywhere in that draft, Gallucci an epic fail and Millera isn't exactly a success either just yet. Seems another strange selection, why go so small all the time?

Has has a lot of hype, I am not buying it all.

I was more excited by Weightman to be honest,

I think he may be very good, but he would want to be at that selection

Having said that the Rachelle pick is far smarter than Danny Meyer

Last edited:
I don’t think there is any better validation of the issues surrounding Goater’s kicking, than the fact he wasn’t picked up yesterday.

Particularly in light of the other in vogue explosive strengths he brings to the game.

Essendon must have really wanted Josh Sinn for Port to trade up to solely get passed them to grab him. Twomey pretty much confirmed that. Port must have had rock solid info to do that trade.

On the plus side they got a bloke who really wants to play for them, but missed on the bloke they really wanted.
So Port saved us from drafting a flanker that will or won't be a mid and forced us to select an actual inside mid? Thanks Port for saving us from ourselves.

Jones is 181 and Rachele is 180, wouldn't exactly call then short people. Matt Rowell is 180 and it didn't stop him going pick 1.

We clearly wanted Horne-Francis or Callaghan but once they were gone then Rachele was a decent pick. Has some traits we desperately lack and would be expected to be a part time mid in time.

While pick 15 was abit earlier than I thought Alleer would go he will be a star is definitely Allir mk 2 very exciting prospect.
I'm pretty sure Adelaide could of had him as a NGA last yr ouch.

Hobbs said in his interview that Essendon had told him that they would draft him if he was there at their pick.

Port jumped at shadows and gave away a future 2nd for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back