Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1286820
“Did those blokes take our pick again? First georgiades who has become a generational talent and now this top 5 talented player, I’ve just about had enough”- Ben Rutten (probably)

They did look pretty pissed for a club that got the player they were after?

Looks like we got our man.

looks an exciting prospect.

hopefully we can poach horne in 2-3 years time

Everyone on this board: just don't draft another flanker

*Drafts flanker and gives away extra pick*

Everyone on this board: awww yess! Amazing stuff! Ya joking can't believe he didn't go higher!
we over-reached for him but i do trust the draft team in their opinion of him, you can say he's a flanker now but i dont think thats what we have in mind for him down the track, you could say Bergman and Duursma are flankers but if he's as good as them i'd be happy.

Hopefully that weights guy we got from the dogs can turn him into a midfielder asap

we over-reached for him but i do trust the draft team in their opinion of him, you can say he's a flanker now but i dont think thats what we have in mind for him down the track, you could say Bergman and Duursma are flankers but if he's as good as them i'd be happy.
For what we gave up for him, he'd want to be a fair bit better than Bergman or Duursma. If Bergman or Duursma were at another club and we gave up Peter Ladhams + pick 16 + a second rounder to get them, we'd be the laughing stock of trade week.

People who say hes like Pittard havent seen him play. Nothing like Pittard at all.

The Deledio comparison is a good one

For what we gave up for him, he'd want to be a fair bit better than Bergman or Duursma. If Bergman or Duursma were at another club and we gave up Peter Ladhams + pick 16 + a second rounder to get them, we'd be the laughing stock of trade week.
i agree we overpaid, but id rather have to guts to go for a guy we want than to just end up with fillers that go no-where. Like i said i trust the draft team and they have a very good record over the past 5 years, Its not Blair Hartley dumping us with Butcher, Moore & Pittard as a parting gift

Say we rated him 3rd or 4th best player in the draft as some have. If you gave up pick 12 and a future second rounder for pick 3, you would dance naked down the street.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say we rated him 3rd or 4th best player in the draft as some have. If you gave up pick 12 and a future second rounder for pick 3, you would dance naked down the street.

Ive only just put my clothes back on now

Just watched a few minutes of highlights but geez Sinn has some excitement factor. Big strong body and genuine line breaking pace. Can see him easily in the midfield, looks like he has already played a bit of footy there.

The extra pick we spent was a curve ball but we must have been convinced Essendon would pounce.

We can't have been fans of Hobbs and the pucks after him seemed to scatter all over the place.

Sinn looked really keen to get to Port and we wanted to seal the deal.

If Macca is rapt then so am I. Sinn was touted as a possible #1 pick at the start of the year.

Welcome to Alberton Josh, can see you playing next season.

Can’t help but think Sinn and Lachie Jones off half back would be quite the weapon, both run in nice straight lines.

People who say hes like Pittard havent seen him play. Nothing like Pittard at all.

The Deledio comparison is a good one

Although he didn't mention any names I believe the Pittard comparisons made by a few of us came from the David King assessment after we chose Sinn, which was in the main positive, but he did mention something along the lines he can run into trouble and turn the ball over (I can't recall his exact words).

The above aside he should turn out to be a much better player than 2 dads, and hopefully worth every bit of what the club gave up to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back