Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tom Brown was a target likely could have gotten him with our r2 picks as well
Most of the phantom drafts I looked at had him going early-mid 20's. He might have slipped to our 2nd end picks, but it appears it would be more unlikely rather than likely to happen.

Also Geelong traded with the Bulldogs for the pick 23. I wonder if Tom Brown was one of their targets.

Bigger better version of mansell maybe
With the move of Rioli into the backline last year , delistings and now start of the draft, I think you can see the club is going to look to further build it's attack off speed out of the backline. With the stand rule I think it's a postive move . If we can add wingers with genuine speed and endurance, aside from KPF, our rebuild will be in full swing. Potential midfeilders Ross, Dow, RCD, Ralph Smith are better than some people think and have just taken longer predominately due to limited 2nd grade competition over the past 2 years.
Drafting of Brown also gives indication that players like Stack , Baker and even Short might be in for a role further up the ground.

A top 20 pick gets taken in the top 20 and people melt. We have some ******* idiots in here. Seriously. Go fu** off and support a better run/successful club like Geelong or something.
Guess who found a pube in their breaky cereal . :p :p

Name one A grade midfielder out of that lot. All kids with potential at best.

Well given we still have A grade mid talent in Prestia and Martin to support those guys, the 2 time premiership midfielder Graham goes ok (would of been a 3 time if it wasn't for a terrible injury in the 2019 prelim) and Bolton is also a premiership player who has played through the middle and is a certified gun. So there's two to answer your question. Next please.

Name one A grade midfielder out of that lot. All kids with potential at best.

so would the kid we drafted as a mid at 9/17. While I agree and would love an inside mid, the best bet for next season has always been RCD not a kid we drafted this year.

Well given we still have A grade mid talent in Prestia and Martin to support those guys, the 2 time premiership midfielder Graham goes ok (would of been a 3 time if it wasn't for a terrible injury in the 2019 prelim) and Bolton is also a premiership player who has played through the middle and is a certified gun. So there's two to answer your question. Next please.
Is that a joke? Graham is a solid B grader at best. Bolton has A grade moments but not a week in week out gun. Goes missing for weeks on end.

Well you would know wouldn't you? Lol
Sorry Nebular I think you actually misunderstood my post. People more highly paid than us to select kids have made blunders , if that's what you're implying.
I gave my opinion and we all know they're like arseholes and everybody has one. What do you know that is more truer to what you're suggesting with that narrow minded comment? lol
1637789900710.png

Is that a joke? Graham is a solid B grader at best. Bolton has A grade moments but not a week in week out gun. Goes missing for weeks on end.

Yeah, have a nice day mate. Enjoy.

so would the kid we drafted as a mid at 9/17. While I agree and would love an inside mid, the best bet for next season has always been RCD not a kid we drafted this year.
Maybe maybe not. We won't know now. What I do know is that a KPD and a hbfer won't be the reason for our next premiership window. Midfielders will.
RCD. FMD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the move of Rioli into the backline last year , delistings and now start of the draft, I think you can see the club is going to look to further build it's attack off speed out of the backline. With the stand rule I think it's a postive move . If we can add wingers with genuine speed and endurance, aside from KPF, our rebuild will be in full swing. Potential midfeilders Ross, Dow, RCD, Ralph Smith are better than some people think and have just taken longer predominately due to limited 2nd grade competition over the past 2 years.
Drafting of Brown also gives indication that players like Stack , Baker and even Short might be in for a role further up the ground.
The AFL will wait until we recruit and strategize to overcome the stand rule and then they will revoke the rule, mark my words.

Maybe maybe not. We won't know now. What I do know is that a KPD and a hbfer won't be the reason for our next premiership window. Midfielders will.
RCD. FMD

A great defence is as important to any premiership run as the mids.

Scarlett, Lake, Enright, Hodge, Gibson, Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin, McGovern, Hurn, Lever, May etc…not many teams win a premiership without AA quality defenders

I want a big inside mid as much as anyone, as I think it’s our most lacking area. But Hobbs was probably the only guy ready for next year at our pick and I’m not a huge fan of unathletic players early (Lennon/Ellis) because you can get a guy like Roberts with a cheaper pick who has similar traits.

Also maybe the club has got Greene lined up or we believe in RCD/Dow. We really only need one big mid anyway with Bolton, Graham, Prestia, Dusty, Cotchin, Nank, Soldo to go into centre square next year.

The beauty of the draft is there is always another opportunity and we’ve got 3 decent picks today and another 3 next year.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but shifter Sheehan had him as one of his two smokies, with Erasmus, to be best in draft after Horne-Francis and Daicos (or at least that’s how I read it) https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/29/sheehans-two-smokeys-in-this-years-national-draft/

Some of his attributes remind me of Shedda - quick, slick in traffic, footy smarts, clean hands, and great vision. Much better kick than Shedda from the sounds of it but probably doesn’t quite have Shedda’s handballing ability which is up there with the all time greats, but still sounds like a ripping prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, have a nice day mate. Enjoy.
I'm surprised you got all worked up by a tongue in cheek comment initially CB. Two great pick ups
A great defence is as important to any premiership run as the mids.

Scarlett, Lake, Enright, Hodge, Gibson, Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin, McGovern, Hurn, Lever, May etc…not many teams win a premiership without AA quality defenders

I want a big inside mid as much as anyone, as I think it’s our most lacking area. But Hobbs was probably the only guy ready for next year at our pick and I’m not a huge fan of unathletic players early (Lennon/Ellis) because you can get a guy like Roberts with a cheaper pick who has similar traits.

Also maybe the club has got Greene lined up or we believe in RCD/Dow. We really only need one big mid anyway with Bolton, Graham, Prestia, Dusty, Cotchin, Nank, Soldo to go into centre square next year.

The beauty of the draft is there is always another opportunity and we’ve got 3 decent picks today and another 3 next year.
Ask SOS what he thought about a great/s**t midfield. I'm only commenting on what we have post Cotchin. And at this point it's hopeful at best.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but shifter Sheehan had him as one of his two smokies, with Erasmus, to be best in draft after Horne-Francis and Daicos (or at least that’s how I read it) https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/29/sheehans-two-smokeys-in-this-years-national-draft/

Some of his attributes remind me of Shedda - quick, slick in traffic, footy smarts, clean hands, and great vision. Much better kick than Shedda from the sounds of it but probably doesn’t quite have Shedda’s handballing ability which is up there with the all time greats, but still sounds like a ripping prospect.

Hopefully he doesn't take 10 years to work it out too

Sorry Nebular I think you actually misunderstood my post. People more highly paid than us to select kids have made blunders , if that's what you're implying.
I gave my opinion and we all know they're like arseholes and everybody has one. What do you know that is more truer to what you're suggesting with that narrow minded comment? lol
View attachment 1286866
Unlike a lot of posters here I don't pretend to have inside info because I don't.

I just think you are full of s**t.

Hopefully he doesn't take 10 years to work it out too

Harsh, it took media, opposition fans and, apparently, some supporters 10 years to work out how good Shedda was… he played his role almost from day 1 and was an understated gun within a few years

Harsh, it took media, opposition fans and, apparently, some supporters 10 years to work out how good Shedda was… he played his role almost from day 1 and was an understated gun within a few years.

Lol a few years. He couldn't hit the side of a barn until 2017. Rose coloured glasses.

Surprised we picked up Brown. Maybe it's a result of smoking too many cones back in the day but by picking 2 defenders with our first picks Gibcus fair enough sounds great but Brown also when we're pretty solid down back. My interpretation is the club thinks Miller is a sh!t fish and only got one meagre game because they don't really rate him. Also Gibcus and Tarrant allow Balta to go up the ground. Also we didn't pick a mid because Tom Green is coming next year....... Tom Green and Tom Brown sounds good.
Or it could be that in a year or two when Gibcus is ready, Tarrant will be gone and maybe Grimes. Cones hone your senses so that's no excuse, or they did in my day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back