Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

The option to play at halfback to get AFL experience is great, hopefully can transition into the midfield in a couple of years.

I’m fine with the cost - ie Ladhams and picks, etc.

we need potential elite players, and it’s worth the gamble, as it’s rare/lucky to find them the further you go down the draft order.

Others will know better than me, but don't we have a reasonable record with taking risks on players who were injured in their draft year?

MG definitely, wasn't Butters injured a bit in his draft year too?

Bergman, Williams, Georgiades and Butters all missed chunks of their draft year with injury.

I'm not at all concerned with him playing in defence pre-draft. It doesn't mean much and is a good spot to develop you would think - gets to see more of the game unfolding in front of him.

I'm expecting this bloke to be moved to the mid (or at least be a very attacking defender) by 2023.

Brad Johnson was banging on about how Josh runs a low 10sec 100m - I highly doubt it would be “low” 10s, but - if he runs anywhere sub 11 seconds, he will now be in the top 10 fastest runners in South Australia.
IF he is mid 10secs, he is likely THE fastest runner in the State!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The option to play at halfback to get AFL experience is great, hopefully can transition into the midfield in a couple of years.

I’m fine with the cost - ie Ladhams and picks, etc.

we need potential elite players, and it’s worth the gamble, as it’s rare/lucky to find them the further you go down the draft order.
This is the reason the tree up makes sense.

We don't need depth, we have that in spades.

We need elite players to help us take the next step.

We just need to hope we picked the right player and player type.

I'm not at all concerned with him playing in defence pre-draft. It doesn't mean much and is a good spot to develop you would think - gets to see more of the game unfolding in front of him.

I'm expecting this bloke to be moved to the mid (or at least be a very attacking defender) by 2023.
He’s already a very attacking half back.

He’s not really a deep defender, he’s a attacking high half back wingman.
Those talking about him as a midfielder, he’s already a wingman. Plays like one and is already very well suited to that position.

The question isn’t about whether he can go through the midfield, it’s whether he can add contested ball winning and become an elite on-baller

If he never does that I think he can be an elite half-back / wingman, and a top player at the club.

In my eyes he is not remotely centre midfield or bust. If he can add that to his game then it’s a massive bonus as it would fill a need for us and he could be a superstar.

He genuinely looked very happy we selected him.

I suspect we spent a lot of time talking to him and he really liked what we had to say about the club and his future.

Anyone know why Butters was in the box with our recruiters?

He runs the club now....

im-the-captain-now.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back