List Mgmt. Welcome Jordan Clark

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally, I really don't think Wilson was THAT bad this season... Not great, obviously. That Brisbane game.. Christ almighty that was not good.

But rewatching our games this year, his dash and long kick opened the game up so many times and lead to plenty of inside-50's.

So the thought of Clark and Wilson on a HBF each.. Could be kinda exciting.

Debate me, cowards.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally, I really don't think Wilson was THAT bad this season... Not great, obviously. That Brisbane game.. Christ almighty that was not good.

But rewatching our games this year, his dash and long kick opened the game up so many times and lead to plenty of inside-50's.

Debate me, cowards.

He was one of our best in that game v Collingwood.

Wilson isn't as soft as the reputation he has online, he has played through some serious discomfort - but I think we need him playing a Mark Nicoski small defender turned small forward or the player who accepts the handball receive to run 20 then kick 60m.

But we also need the game plan for our small and medium forwards to skip leading at him when he gets the ball and start working back to pressure the crumb

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Clark off HBF really is a bit bizzare.

I mean we're pretty stacked there, you assume Pearce/Cox/Logue as the talls with Logue playing small as required. Ryan and Young are automatic selections.

Walker is more of a small defender than Clark is IMO.

And that's 6 without even counting Chapman, Aish, Wilson, Hughes who are all theoretically in the mix.

Yet wing is our weakest position with no out and out winger on the list and only question mark players like Tucker, Aish, Acres, Henry.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

I mean we're pretty stacked there, you assume Pearce/Cox/Logue as the talls with Logue playing small as required. Ryan and Young are automatic selections.

And that's 6 without even counting Chapman, Aish, Wilson, Hughes who are all theoretically in the mix.

Yet wing is our weakest position with no out and out winger on the list and only question mark players like Tucker, Aish, Acres, Henry.
It is a massive investment in that area of the ground and is a clear indication of how important Longmuir sees it in terms of game plan.

If we actually do take Hobbs or Johnson, which is highly likely, that provides a really powerful base.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

I'm really hoping with all those players named that Wilson, Hughes and Acres are at the very end of the list with Aish and Tucker on notice.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I don’t disagree with you that we aren’t a “destination club” (which doesn’t really have a concrete definition anyway). But reading between the lines (ie. speculating) of what players say, they are looking towards the future. And not just next season future. Longer term future as in 2-3 years down the road. You don’t hear that often and we definitely did not hear much of that from 2016-2019. I don’t think (ie. I’m speculating again) players say that if they don’t see a plan in place or a team on the rise. And you wouldn’t think they would say those things if they didn’t enjoy playing there. My point is that these little things help contribute positively to building a solid culture.

Also, I agree that losing top players is not sustainable, but the only top end talent we've lost in the last 3 years is Cerra. Our core of Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, and many others have signed extensions. I don't think there are too many more "flight risks" on the team right now. I'm not ready to worry about losing one player when so many more are staying. Now we just need to make finals to show that the plan is working.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lachie Neale, Langdon & b.hill were just as top end as cerra. Langdon wasn't but is now that he has learnt to kick.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
People on here really need to actually access Hughes on his overall performance rather than that one blunder he made five games ago.

Such an unwarranted whipping boy on here.
He reminds me of Shepard from the Eagles. Once it clicks he will be good. The man isn't afraid of hard work.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
People on here really need to actually access Hughes on his overall performance rather than that one blunder he made five games ago.

Such an unwarranted whipping boy on here.
His blunders are more like once a game and usually result in an opposition goal. Massive momentum killer.

At the same offensively doesn’t provide much.

Defensive and courage wise he is outstanding.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He reminds me of Shepard from the Eagles. Once it clicks he will be good. The man isn't afraid of hard work.

It clicked years ago tbh.

People on here for some reason need a whipping boy. The board seems to have graduated from bagging genuine spuds like Sheridan or Sutcliffe or players past their use by date to bagging Hughes, Lobb, Wilson and Walters.

The list has come a long way but this board hasn’t. I only bag players if I believe leaving them out will benefit the team.

I know there’s some real talent coming through the back half and Hughes eventually gets pushed out but he’s not a bad player. People saying he adds nothing offensively or that he makes 2-3 blunders a game that result in goals are just seeing what they want to see imo. Both those statements just aren’t true at all.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

Debate me, cowards.
I’m sure I read somewhere earlier this year that Wilson has been involved in the most Freo scoring chains in the past 3 years. He can’t defend for sh*t though.
I really want to seeClark on the wing.

Back