Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
So my work tried to hush up my departure in what seemingly appears to be a tantrum on their behalf.

No farewell or fanfare like all of the other staff get, and the staffing group are now pretty pissed off at my treatment (and have organised a farewell regardless). Many are thinking that if one of the best workers they have can go from hero to zero this quickly, then it can happen to anyone.

Many of my colleagues have checked in with me presuming that my mental health would have been affected but it truly hasn't been affected at all.

Never let your self worth be determined by how your work sees you. People are petty, and the adult world is still very much like high school. Work is work, and friends and family are friends and family. You can make valued and treasured friendships at work but never be lured into thinking the organisation itself is anything like a family.
100% so glad its worked out for you mate 👍

I gave my last employer 8 loyal years and helped turn this region from one of the worst performing in Australia to one of the best. Our office took home some major awards and I had won individual awards with that.

Huge hours and great yearly results without a sniff of a payrise, looking back I got severely used and abused because I was brought up in an era that you should show your employer loyalty no matter what. Even though I would hint at a payrise every now and then I would accept it when it didn’t happen.. yes dumb.

After working myself into an absolute mentally burnt crisp state, I finally came to my senses. I decided a complete change of industry needed to happen so handed in my notice, and from that moment on I was treated like dirt, my job was on SEEK within 2 hours of telling them the news also.

My work colleagues and some management from around the country froze me out, most of these people I had worked with previously so I knew them for over 15 years, but I finally worked out that some of them had company shares in my region so by me leaving it would certainly affect their fat bonuses.

It’s been 3.5 years gone now and funnily enough I still haven’t heard from any of those ‘mates’ *cough* ’shareholders’ and sadly the CEO is a mad North supporter.

The good news is (theres always a silver lining) is that one of our opposition companies came knocking with a new opportunity. After reneging a couple of times because I was treated so badly in the previous job, I finally accepted an offer on my own terms. The work/life balance is extraordinary, the money is fantastic and in the past couple of years I’ve buried my old company by taking all my Clients back so it looks like none of my former ‘mates’ *cough* ’shareholders’ will be getting xmas bonuses anytime soon lol.

I’ve never been happier.

Last edited:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
So my work tried to hush up my departure in what seemingly appears to be a tantrum on their behalf.

No farewell or fanfare like all of the other staff get, and the staffing group are now pretty pissed off at my treatment (and have organised a farewell regardless). Many are thinking that if one of the best workers they have can go from hero to zero this quickly, then it can happen to anyone.

Many of my colleagues have checked in with me presuming that my mental health would have been affected but it truly hasn't been affected at all.

Never let your self worth be determined by how your work sees you. People are petty, and the adult world is still very much like high school. Work is work, and friends and family are friends and family. You can make valued and treasured friendships at work but never be lured into thinking the organisation itself is anything like a family.

Amen to that.

Where I work, end of year is decided by a group of numpties sitting at a "round table discussion". A lot of people put a great deal of stock into that. Personally, if I can sit down at the end knowing I've done my best, that's what I rate myself on.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Amen to that.

Where I work, end of year is decided by a group of numpties sitting at a "round table discussion". A lot of people put a great deal of stock into that. Personally, if I can sit down at the end knowing I've done my best, that's what I rate myself on.

Doing ya best?? Yeah thanks Mr Scott , what are you the ninth best employee in your team ?

oh looks like I’m in one of those moods today .

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
So I’m in the office this morning awaiting the arrival of a contractor . His name is Aaron. He turned up and gee Mr Edwards is still looking good. In fine fettle .

after we stopped hugging we got down to business . Yeah it possibly was a little strange of me lol. Oh well 💁
Did he sign your WCE 100 goals in a season Guernsey?..

100% TMB.

Watch them decline in two weeks then try to get you back, it’s a never ending circle of stupidity.

my mum was going to move brands due to more opportunity to get recognised for being the one of the best if not the best seller as she wasn’t getting any and then when she handed in her resignation they wont accept it and now will do anything to keep her there.

workplaces are so petty

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
my mum was going to move brands due to more opportunity to get recognised for being the one of the best if not the best seller as she wasn’t getting any and then when she handed in her resignation they wont accept it and now will do anything to keep her there.

The decline and headless chooking has already begun.

And yup, they tried all that with me as well. Funny how you can go from being gaslit to then being told you're one of the most important there. But, all it really showed was that they were happy to undervalue me all that time and they were happy to manipulate emotions to try and break someone's confidence. If it takes me informing you I'm leaving to receive due appreciation, then there is zero reason I should stay.

Yup, they tried all that with me as well. But all it really showed was that they were happy to undervalue me all that time. If it takes me informing you I'm leaving to receive due appreciation, then there is zero reason I should stay.
Twerk on them lol

ill send a great email “dear blah blah, I myself taking great interest in your company have realised that my favourite employee is not there anymore. After having many discussions with him I found him to be a hard worker and one of if not the best person I have ever dealt with. If you do not pay him out 1 million dollars I will come and find you”

I'm at the other end of the career path. Had been at the same Company for 30 yrs, the last 15 as Engineering Manager, working long hours, very stressful at times and had a good salary package. Redundancy hit when I was 52 yrs old (pretty decent payout, being auto industry).
Lead to some interesting decision making around what I wanted out of life and whether to leap in to another high level role, with all the associated politics, long hours and stress.
Long story short, but I'm now working 3 days per week, driving a van around and honestly could not be happier. I listen to SEN, I'm away from the office and a few days off a week to do what I want to do. I have more time to invest in to my family, my friends, my hobbies and just feel like I have a nice work life balance.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Twerk on them lol

ill send a great email “dear blah blah, I myself taking great interest in your company have realised that my favourite employee is not there anymore. After having many discussions with him I found him to be a hard worker and one of if not the best person I have ever dealt with. If you do not pay him out 1 million dollars I will come and find you”

LOL!

It's kind of amazing to behold. My working context is kind of related to HR, but distinct. I continually watch companies listen to the 'yoga and sandwiches' gimmicky HR people, when employee retention is really about the basics: pay people their value, respect their non-work time, and check in regularly to see how they are feeling/developing and head off any issues as soon as possible. They don't do the basics and then wonder why employee churn is through the roof.

It's like those people who jump at every single fad diet they can find instead of just doing the one, unsexy thing that works: caloric deficit.

LOL!

It's kind of amazing to behold. My working context is kind of related to HR, but distinct. I continually watch companies listen to the 'yoga and sandwiches' gimmicky HR people, when employee retention is really about the basics: pay people their value, respect their non-work time, and check in regularly to see how they are feeling/developing and head off any issues as soon as possible. They don't do the basics and then wonder why employee churn is through the roof.

It's like those people who jump at every single fad diet they can find instead of just doing the one, unsexy thing that works: caloric deficit.
LMFAOOOO

I saw on TikTok this guy who ate only kfc for a week I think and lost weight, let’s see who jumps on that diet. AND I GET RAGED BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE SAY “I CUT OUT CARBS AND LOST WEIGHT SO CARBS MAKE YOU FAT” LIKE NO IT DOESNT BY YOU CUTTING OUT CARBS YOU PUT YOURSELF INTO A CALORIE
DEFICIT OWJEKWKW HAHA

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
LMFAOOOO

I saw on TikTok this guy who ate only kfc for a week I think and lost weight, let’s see who jumps on that diet. AND I GET RAGED BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE SAY “I CUT OUT CARBS AND LOST WEIGHT SO CARBS MAKE YOU FAT” LIKE NO IT DOESNT BY YOU CUTTING OUT CARBS YOU PUT YOURSELF INTO A CALORIE
DEFICIT OWJEKWKW HAHA
Yeah he ended up doing it for 30, then he was gonna do a water fast or something

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LMFAOOOO

DEFICIT OWJEKWKW HAHA

I once dieted down for a comp on pizza and Maccas just to prove my broscience mates wrong.

I once dieted down for a comp on pizza and Maccas just to prove my broscience mates wrong.
NO TMB UNSEASONED BOILED CHICKEN AND RICE MAYBE GREEN BEANS ONLY😎

I did a few meal preps with that and I wanna gag but it was baked chicken🤮

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Side note, has anyone seen the americans thinking australia is a oppressed state? I saw a video from hong kong and a bunch of americans thought it was australia and said "This is why we don't give up our guns" like what.
It doesn't help when pricks like that guy we talked about a while ago, forgot his name but he's that youtuber who attends all the anti vax protests.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wait so can people be fired now for being gay?
Only school teachers and only if the proposed religious freedoms bill is passed in its current format (which the public hasn't seen yet). There is opposition to it from moderates within the Liberal party, and even if it passes the House of Reps it seems likely to be sent straight to a Senate review committee.
Deputy Attorney General Amanda Stoker confirmed in her interview with Fran Kelly this morning that if a religious school is prepared to put in its "Mission Statement" that their values do not allow them to employ gay teachers, this Bill we protect them from anti-discrimination action.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only school teachers and only if the proposed religious freedoms bill is passed in its current format (which the public hasn't seen yet). There is opposition to it from moderates within the Liberal party, and even if it passes the House of Reps it seems likely to be sent straight to a Senate review committee.
Deputy Attorney General Amanda Stoker confirmed in her interview with Fran Kelly this morning that if a religious school is prepared to put in its "Mission Statement" that their values do not allow them to employ gay teachers, this Bill we protect them from anti-discrimination action.
great, it will then be interesting to see what 'religious' schools do with students who are gay. I guess one option will be to resume the Inquisition

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
great, it will then be interesting to see what 'religious' schools do with students who are gay. I guess one option will be to resume the Inquisition
She was typically vague and evasive (talking about pollies generally, not Stoker specifically, although I do dislike her) but I get the impression they would be entitled to expel.
I highly doubt the Bill gets up in its current format but she seemed to put a lot of faith in the idea that no school would be prepared to put an anti-homosexual clause in its public mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back