Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You seemed to think it was an embarrassed emoji, so I gave you to emoji code to clarify what it was.

You'll have to ask Opine what he thinks instead of pre-supposing that he's embarrassed.
Yeah I asked, didn't you notice?
See (??????????) these things, they are question marks, you use them when asking a question.

But I thought you may know as you jumped in,like you normally do, I should have known better.

Yeah I asked, didn't you notice?
See (??????????) these things, they are question marks, you use them when asking a question.

But I thought you may know as you jumped in,like you normally do, I should have known better.

You presupposed the position. By asking the below, you've already framed his position;

does that mean you are embarrassed?

Alternatively, you could ask "what does this emoji mean in the context of this conversation?" were you showing genuine interest in what he thought.

You presupposed the position. By asking the below, you've already framed his position;

Alternatively, you could ask "what does this emoji mean in the context of this conversation?" were you showing genuine interest in what he thought.
Oh I see, thanks for the lesson. :rolleyes:
Now go explain to the poster what our convo was about, bet you don't.

You'll have to ask him and wait, he's not even an Essendon supporter which I'm sure you'll appreciate.
Hang on, you're telling me what I should do, now I have to ask, again.

Oh my, I think I know what you are up to, better not say though, it seems to upset you.

Bye now, please refrain from quoted me again, it has got boring.

Last edited:
Hang on, you're telling me what I should do, now I have to ask, again.

Oh my, I think I know what you are up to, better not say though, it seems to upset you.

Bye now, please refrain from quoted me again, it has got boring.

What is it you're asking, again?

Seems to me you weren't especially interested in what he had to say.

please refrain from quoted me again

OK

What is it you're asking, again?

Seems to me you weren't especially interested in what he had to say.

OK
I'll have one last go, see how you go.
Go read the convo, and see if you can see where I tried to explain about the convo you a I had.

There was nothing about tribunals and banned players, it was about experimental drugs, I don't think once I talked about PEDs, I think you may have.

So, now you say I am not interested in what he had to say, well I tried to explain and he rolled his eyes at me.

You came in on your white horse, and I asked if you could go explain, but no, but i expected that.

I'll have one last go, see how you go.
Go read the convo, and see if you can see where I tried to explain about the convo you a I had.

There was nothing about tribunals and banned players, it was about experimental drugs, I don't think once I talked about PEDs, I think you may have.

So, now you say I am not interested in what he had to say, well I tried to explain and he rolled his eyes at me.

You came in on your white horse, and I asked if you could go explain, but no, but i expected that.

You replied to the poster, ignoring everything he said, had a sook about not caring, then when he rolled his eyes at you, decided to preemptively ask if he was embarrassed.

What exactly do you think you were trying to contribute? Beyond your usual emotive commentary, of course, which appears to be all you have.

You replied to the poster, ignoring everything he said, had a sook about not caring, then when he rolled his eyes at you, decided to preemptively ask if he was embarrassed.

What exactly do you think you were trying to contribute? Beyond your usual emotive commentary, of course, which appears to be all you have.
You make no sense.
If I ignored what he said, then htf did I know he was not talking about points you and I were talking about?

And for your info, as smart as you want us to believe you are, rolling the eyes is used sometimes when people do embarrassing things.

So, to get back to where we started, Essendon used players as guinea pigs, they used experimental drugs and were convicted for doing so, nothing to do with players getting banned.

Last edited:
Seems about right.
What does seem about right is, you are not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are.

You see a smart person would recognise, that if I ignored "everything" I wouldn't have known he was ignoring what you and I were talking about.

And now you want to keep this up, why don't we also ask why, (as you are so intent on doing the Dale Thomas gif) have you not asked Opine why he was ignoring some of our content?

And also as you want to keep going on and on and on about this same subject, I may as well join in with you.

Essendon used experimental drugs on their players, using them as guinea pigs, in fact they were convicted for doing this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does seem about right is, you are not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are.

You see a smart person would recognise, that if I ignored "everything" I wouldn't have known he was ignoring what you and I were talking about.

And now you want to keep this up, why don't we also ask why, (as you are so intent on doing the Dale Thomas gif) have you not asked Opine why he was ignoring some of our content?

And also as you want to keep going on and on and on about this same subject, I may as well join in with you.

Essendon used experimental drugs on their players, using them as guinea pigs, in fact they were convicted for doing this.

There's a difference between ignoring some of the content in the sense of simply not responding to a part of a discussion, and ignoring it and making a comment entirely at odds with what he said.

There's a difference between ignoring some of the content in the sense of simply not responding to a part of a discussion, and ignoring it and making a comment entirely at odds with what he said.
Do you mean like his 1st post did?

Essendon were giving their players experimental drugs, using them as guinea pigs, in fact they were convicted for doing this.

Do you mean like his 1st post did?

Essendon were giving their players experimental drugs, using them as guinea pigs, in fact they were convicted for doing this.

No, they were not. You are exaggerating if not fabricating. At no point were they convicted of using experimental drugs, nor using players as guinea pigs.

They were found guilty of taking a prohibited substance being Thymosin Beta 4 by the CAS under appeal from ASADA/WADA. Its actually the exact same ruling as when Collingwood players Josh Thomas and Lachie Keeffe both got suspended for taking Clenbuterol.

Your really do have zero credibility in this discussion and frankly you are just embarrassing yourself.

No, they were not. You are exaggerating if not fabricating. At no point were they convicted of using experimental drugs, nor using players as guinea pigs.

They were found guilty of taking a prohibited substance being Thymosin Beta 4 by the CAS under appeal from ASADA. its actually the exact same ruling as when Collingwood players Josh Thomas and Lachie Keeffe both got suspended for taking Clenbuterol.

Your really do have zero credibility in this discussion and frankly you are just embarrassing yourself.
Oh my.

Go look at the heath and safety commissions findings mate before you embarrass yourself more.

Oh my.

Go look at the heath and safety commissions findings mate before you embarrass yourself more.

Their convictions in regards to Worksafe Victoria were;

"The charges are: One breach of section 21(1) – failing to provide and maintain for employees a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health; one breach of 21(2)(a) - failing to provide and maintain for employees a system of work that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.

Can you please show me where they were specifically convicted of using experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs. I will wait.

Their convictions were;

"The charges are: One breach of section 21(1) – failing to provide and maintain for employees a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health; one breach of 21(2)(a) - failing to provide and maintain for employees a system of work that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.

Can you please show me where they were specifically convicted of using experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs. I will wait.
Unsafe, now combine that with the Ziggy report, the classification on AOD, Jobe admitted to taking, the text message about financials.

Convicted, no other club comes close.

Unsafe, now combine that with the Ziggy report, the classification on AOD, Jobe admitted to taking, the text message about financials.

Convicted, no other club comes close.

I'll ask it again.

When and who charged/convicted them for using experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs. If you say they were than its simple. Show me.

No one did. You are making s**t up and stating exaggerated comments that bear zero truth.

Last edited:
I'll ask it again.

When and who charged/convicted them for using experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs. If you say they were than its simple. Show me.

No one did. You are making sh*t up.
OMG, another one, ok, if you want to persist, so will I

Essendon were giving their players experimental drugs, using them as guinea pigs, they were convicted of doing this.

Those financials are ready for you and David.

OMG, another one, ok, if you want to persist, so will I

Essendon were giving their players experimental drugs, using them as guinea pigs, they were convicted of doing this.

Those financials are ready for you and David.

When? By Who?

Last edited:
In answer to the original question (and avoiding the small sided s**t fight) - No.

James was in charge and likely designed (from all available evidence) a program to use Performance Enhancing Drugs (not experimental, proven performance enhancers, hence banned). Should never be allowed near the footy industry again. IMHO.

When? By Who?
"we don't know what drugs they were given, but we know they weren't illegal"
AOD in injection form was experimental, mixing drugs is experimental.

The financials are ready for you and David.

Essendon were charged and convicted of using their players as guinea pigs, and from the text messages, maybe just for the monetary benifit of a couple of greedy people.

"we don't know what drugs they were given, but we know they weren't illegal"
AOD in injection form was experimental, mixing drugs is experimental.

The financials are ready for you and David.

Essendon were charged and convicted of using their players as guinea pigs, and from the text messages, maybe just for the monetary benifit of a couple of greedy people.

Essendon were not even charged for using AOD. They were charged for using TB4 by CAS in appeal.

All you are doing is exaggerating your terminology. The closest the term experimental was used was in Ziggy's report when he referenced "a pharmacologically experimental environment" He nor anyone else ever said anything about Experimental Drugs, nor anything about Guinea Pigs. This is something your brain has attributed to it due to its simplicity.

Essendon were never convicted nor charged with what you are claiming.

You are way out of your league.

Back