List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone banging on about our recruiting in picking Chesser has me shaking my head. We are a super successful club over the decades and the scouts will have much more info on the players than we do. if they think Chesser is our best option at 14, then so be it. All drafts are a bit risky, but if you guys start bagging out a kid because he was picked over the kid YOU thought should come to us, then you are setting him up for "whipping boy" status.

Lets take a look at the kid with the team before crucifying him!

They also thought Brander was our best option.

At least he’s not an outside runner who is scrawny af. The kid has some guns.

Yeah I thought the same, he's not some skinny kid - looks like he has the frame to get pretty bulky.

Definitely some nice attributes coming through in his highlights - he looks to be a good decision-maker, has a good frame and neat hands in traffic.

He also seems to get to the right spots, which is important if he's going to be a Gaff-style outside receiver - although probably lacking the running power to get to contest after contest.

Some of his kicks are a bit loopy which is a concern but there's certainly potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid seems like an awsome pick up. Good footy brain, speed, step in traffic, leadership and genuine line breaker. Doubt he would have made it to our pick if he had played more games, but to still be rated as a first rounder despite only playing 5-6 games in 2 years is pretty good. Found some more highlights posted on instagram a while ago.

Clubs got some extended highlights up now boiz.

Would like to have seen a bit more of this dash and some good kicking. Anyone got his combine/test results?

His foot skills are going to need a bit of work as he seems to elevate his kicks a bit. And the only real time he showed dash he got ran down.

His hands seemed decent, and seeing him occasionally around a stoppage was good at least. Hopefully can bring a bit of fleet footed zip.
Best attribute I took out of that is he likes to draw the opposition in before giving it off.

Means he might show good composure etc

So what numbers are available and what do we think he'll get? From memory, existing players get the chance to swap before draftees get to pick and you assume SPS will have first go.

Chesser will be the type of player you ping 20 bucks on for the norm smith because he will rack up ball all over the ground and probably get a few snags to go with it
Thanks for the tip, have just done this. :thumbsupemoji:

So what numbers are available and what do we think he'll get? From memory, existing players get the chance to swap before draftees get to pick and you assume SPS will have first go.
10, 18, 19, 33, 34, 38, 39, 41, 43 and anything above 44. Few good ones in there.
You could maybe count Sheppard's number 5 in but that depends if he's just sitting out for a year or retiring early (or he might still play on depending on what the docs tell him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back