Your clubs 26 and under side

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows building nicely. I think a couple more quick mids and a KPD and they are set.

Please don't encourage our recruiting team to draft more KPDs. It's an addiction to them.

Please don't encourage our recruiting team to draft more KPDs. It's an addiction to them.

Hi Golly,

Would not mind any excess decent KPDs being sent the Bloods' way. One of our fellas listed as a KPD has to have lifter inserts to approach Leo Barry's height.

As the luckiest person in receipt of a - what was it? - a six year contract.
6 year millstone around Carlton’s neck I think they call that. 😁

In any event Cripps is 27 before he plays his next game so no point having him in the team.

They also gave George H a four year contract, a year and a bit after his own tough back surgery. Not one Bloods fan would say a bad word about George but there are concerns about his back and I guess the contract length CFC provided.

Crows building nicely. I think a couple more quick mids and a KPD and they are set.
Add Rachele in for Rowe. Looks much better on paper.
McAsey (pick 6) likely in for Murray once he fills out a bit more.
Mids.. Pedlar and Berry should drive improvement but one more top line prospect will likely be the difference between being a good side and a very good one.

The decade where footballers look 45 instead of 25 and have old man flabby arms?

the decade where all premierships are mute because of the extremely corrupted zone allocations that nearly ruined the sport?

wasnt limiting the appraisal to footy - mind you they never hatched the footy (if footage is to believed) because of the threat of extreme violence.

Enjoy
1637819899393.png

Highmore Howard Wilkie
Sinclair Battle Paton
Billings Steele Hill
Gresham Membrey Butler
Sharman King Higgins

Marshall Clark Jones

Coffield Byrnes Bytel McKenzie

(Hopefully add in Wanganeen-Milera by end of the season but needs to put on some size)

Better start moving up the ladder though, half of this squad is 24-26

Hi Golly,

Would not mind any excess decent KPDs being sent the Bloods' way. One of our fellas listed as a KPD has to have lifter inserts to approach Leo Barry's height.

Sure. We have this 2022 edition Billy Frampton available. Looks like a footballer, is tall.

The serious answer is I low key expect us to lose one of Murray, McAsey or Worrell at the end of next season. Probably Worrell if anyone if he doesn't break through, and I don't particularly like his chances if Doedee remains a third tall.

Add Rachele in for Rowe. Looks much better on paper.
McAsey (pick 6) likely in for Murray once he fills out a bit more.
Mids.. Pedlar and Berry should drive improvement but one more top line prospect will likely be the difference between being a good side and a very good one.

Even if, nah. Murray will have a better career than McAsey as a defender. That kid is well on his way to being a very good KPD.

The best bet McAsey has of a career is trying to displace Fogarty, and attempting to become an Aaron Naughton clone at this point.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance. Butts is AA calibre for mine.
Murray more serviceable.
McAsey intercept marking would be more valuable and natural footballer.

I don't see an AA calibre player in Butts. Not without some more work put into his intercept game.

Murray is quite likely the most underrated prospect at the club at the moment. He's walked into the best 22 with a very limited preseason, flashed a Talia like shutdown game (+ top 10 in 1% in the league) and he's got the potential to have a serious highlight reel once he gets to 100-150 games. He'll take a bit of care to develop that intercept game, but the sky is truly the limit for that kid because he has serious two-way potential.

McAsey hasn't flashed a consistent intercept marking game in the two years we've had him, nor a consistent shutdown game. Worrell would be a much better call if we're looking in that direction, and even then, I'd back Murray to have more of a ceiling as a 2nd KPD.

Highmore Howard Wilkie
Sinclair Battle Paton
Billings Steele Hill
Gresham Membrey Butler
Sharman King Higgins

Marshall Clark Jones

Coffield Byrnes Bytel McKenzie

(Hopefully add in Wanganeen-Milera by end of the season but needs to put on some size)

Better start moving up the ladder though, half of this squad is 24-26
Given that this thread a year ago had a cutoff of being born no earlier than 1994 at the start of this year, the cutoff now would be those born no earlier than 1995, which means Membrey is no longer eligible, and Hill is a year older than him.

And yeah, with a big chunk of our team in their mid-to-late 20’s now- and King another year older/more developed- we need to start playing finals consistently from now on.

Given that this thread a year ago had a cutoff of being born no earlier than 1994 at the start of this year, the cutoff now would be those born no earlier than 1995, which means Membrey is no longer eligible, and Hill is a year older than him.

And yeah, with a big chunk of our team in their mid-to-late 20’s now- and King another year older/more developed- we need to start playing finals consistently from now on.

the sooner a group embrace ‘no more excuses’ the sooner they no longer need them

and really embrace it, not lip service. Telling the world your going on a ‘truth camp’ instead of just quietly doing it.

Noah Answerth(22), Harris Andrews(24), James Madden(22).
Brandon Starcevich(22), Jack Payne(22), Darcy Gardner(26).

Henry Smith(19), Jarrod Berry(23), Hugh McCluggage(23).
Zac Bailey(22), Deven Robertson(20), Jaxon Prior(20).

Cameron Rayner(22), Daniel McStay(26), Callum Ah Chee(24) .
Nakia Cockatoo(26) Eric Hipwood(24), Keidean Coleman(21).

Tom Fullarton(22), Harry Sharp(18), Rhys Matheison(24), Tom Berry(21).

Updated

B: McPherson (21), Butts (21), McAsey (20)
HB: Milera (23), Doedee (24), Jones (21)
C: Sholl (21), Crouch (26), Dawson (24)
HF: McHenry (20), Himmelberg (22), Fogarty, (21)
F: Rachele (18), Thilthorpe (18), Cook (18)
R: O'Brien (26), Keays, (24) Schoenberg (20)
I: Worrell (20), Pedlar (18), Berry (19), McAdam (25)

Next in:
KD/KF - Murray (20), Frampton (24)
DEF - Hinge (22), Parnell (19), Davis (23) Borlase (18)
FWD - Gollant (19), Murphy (22), Rowe (21), Newchurch (18)
R - Strachan (25)
MID - Taylor (18), Hamill (20), Hately (20), Soligo (18), Nankervis (18)

Excluded over 26 - Sloane (31), Walker (30), Seedsman (29), Smith (29), Brown (28), Laird (27)

I'm gonna exclude 95 birthdays as they turn 26 next season:

FB: Jordan Ridley - Zachary Reid - Jayden Laverde
HB: Mason Redman - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Alastair Lord
MF: Kyle Langford - Andrew McGrath - Sam Durham
HF: Will Snelling - Harrison Jones - Archie Perkins
FF: Tom Hird - Kaine Baldwin - Nick Bryan
OB: Sam Draper - Darcy Parish - Ben Hobbs
IC: Aaron Francis - Jye Caldwell - Nik Cox - Matt Guelfi

B: Maynard (25) - Dean (20) - Quaynor (21)
HB: Nick Daicos (18) - Moore (25) - Noble (24)
C: Josh Daicos (23)- Macrae (19) - Tyler Brown (22)
HF: Henry (18) - Krueger (22)- Bianco (20)
F:Ginnivan (18) - Begg (19) - McCreery (20)
R: Cameron (26)- Lipinski (23) - McInnes (18)
INT: Kelly (21) - De Goey (TBD - 25) - Ruscoe (20) - Poulter (19)

Next up:
KF/KD: McMahon (19) - Keane (21)
DEF: Murphy (21) - Chugg (19) - Wilson (24)
Mid: Harvey (18), Murley (18) Draper (18) McInnes (18) Cal Brown (23)
FWD: Johnson (24)

Lots of holes mainly in the forward line, ruck and defence. Swapped Cameron for Begg, as Cameron is more accustomed to ruck, Begg seems to be trained for that 2nd ruck/forward role.

I put Nick Daicos at HB as that's what he said his role would be (rolling into the midfield at times, like what Crisp does)

26 & Under as per their age in 2022

B: Rotham(24) H.Edwards(22) Cole(25)
HB: Duggan(26) Bazzo(19) Witherden(24)
C: Chesser(19) Clark(25) L.Edwards(20)
HF: Petruccelle(23) Waterman(24) Jones(24)
F: Ryan(26) Allen(23) J.Williams(19)
R: B.Williams(22) Petrevski-Seton(24) O’Neill(22)

(Extended) bench: Foley(23) Winder(20) West(23) Nelson(26) Trew(20) Hough(19) Jamieson(22)

Ages in 2022

B- hardwick (25) Denver grainger (20) CJ (23)
Hb- scrimshaw (24) Callow (20) Day (21)

C- bramble (24) worpel (23) Howe (25)

HF- Moore ( 23) kosi (22) S Mitchell (20)
FF- Brockman (20) Lewis (24) Butler (19)

R- Max lynch (23) newcombe (20) ward (19)

Inter - Reeves , jeka, Nash, maginness

Excluded if they turn 27 in season 22,
(Age at round 1 2022)

Buderick (20) - Graham (21) - Powell (22)
Bowes (24) - Ballard (22) - markov (25)
Sharp (20) - Miller (26) - weller (26)
Ainsworth (24) - Corbett (25) - lukosius (21)
Chol (25) - king (21) - rankine (21)

moyle (20) - Anderson (21) - rowell (20)
I: Hollands (19) - Jeffrey (20) - fiorini (24) - Flanders (20)

next up
D: farrar (25), uwland (18), brock (19), McLennan (21), Nicholls (19)
M: constable (22), Davies (19)
F: macpherson (24), Burgess (26), Andrew (18), rosas (20), oea (20)
R: murtagh (22), Conroy (21)

Strong best 22.
Improved on last years 26 and under side with
- Holman the only guy previously selected and now ineligible.
- significant improvement in a lot of the above players during 2021 (Miller, Powell, king, Anderson in particular)
- added ‘new’ recruits Hollands, Chol, Moyle to the side.

Key defence and ruck the biggest weakness.
sured up the key position stocks by bringing in Andrew, Brock and Chol this off season.

some depth with 5-6 others able to come in and do a job if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back