Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Essendon were not even charged for using AOD. They were charged for using TB4 by CAS.

All you are doing is exaggerating your terminology. The closest the term experimental was used was in Ziggy's report when he referenced "a pharmacologically experimental environment" He nor anyone else ever said anything about Experimental Drugs, nor anything about Guinea Pigs. This is something your brain has attributed to it due to its simplicity.

You are way out of your league.
Oh my, do you even know what the term guinea pigs is.

AOD in injection form was experimental, using it on humans was experimental, ie: guinea pigs.

They were charged and convicted by work cover.

Oh my, do you even know what the term guinea pigs is.

AOD in injection form was experimental, using it on humans was experimental, ie: guinea pigs.

They were charged and convicted by work cover.

Below is what VICSAFE charged Essendon with.

One breach of section 21(1) – failing to provide and maintain for employees a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health; one breach of 21(2)(a) - failing to provide and maintain for employees a system of work that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.

Where does it say anything about experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Below is what VICSAFE charged Essendon with.

One breach of section 21(1) – failing to provide and maintain for employees a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health; one breach of 21(2)(a) - failing to provide and maintain for employees a system of work that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.

Where does it say anything about experimental drugs & using players as guinea pigs.
Geeze i'm so sorry, they were actually charged for not nailing that top step.

Geeze i'm so sorry, they were actually charged for not nailing that top step.

Point of the story. You have no idea what the definitions are of the words and context you are using. Stop making s**t up and stick to factual content. You are simply making a fool of yourself.

Essendon were never charged nor convicted with the crap you are stating. You are hyperextending words to other meanings for a graphical effect.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Point of the story. You have no idea what the definitions are of the words and context you are using. Stop making sh*t up and stick to factual content. You are simply making a fool of yourself.

Essendon were never charged nor convicted with the crap you are stating. You are hyperextending words to other meanings for a graphical effect.
mate, you need to go find what those charges were for, they cover a wide range.

It was alleged that the players were injected with banned and / or experimental substances as part of the program. For their part, the players claimed innocence and that they did not know what they were being injected with.

Do you see the word experimental in there?
You see they can't be charged for a banned substance, because at that time, it hadn't been proven.

mate, you need to go find what those charges were for, they cover a wide range.

It was alleged that the players were injected with banned and / or experimental substances as part of the program. For their part, the players claimed innocence and that they did not know what they were being injected with.

Do you see the word experimental in there?
You see they can't be charged for a banned substance, because at that time, it hadn't been proven.

Alleged is not a Conviction. You are using the word in an incorrect context.

* me dead you are thick, no wonder everyone else in this thread is having a go at you.

1637814275474.png

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Alleged is not a Conviction. You are using the word in an incorrect context.

fu** me dead you are thick, no wonder everyone else in this thread is having a go at you.

View attachment 1287080
Yep they use that word before they convict.

Now go look at the findings of those allegations, I think you may find they were convicted.

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
So unsurprisingly, you have no clue.
I've never understood Essendon fans obsession with denying the truth. Melbourne tanked, I wanted heads to roll, as did most Melbourne supporters. If it was proven that Melbourne players were drug cheats I would want them out of the game and struggle to support the club if there was systematic doping. Essendon seems to have a bizarre fanbase that is more like a cult. If it was me I would have been calling for Jobe to be stripped of his medal and all players given 4-year bans, but Essendon nuffies treat him like some sort of martyr.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I've never understood Essendon fans obsession with denying the truth. Melbourne tanked, I wanted heads to role, as did most Melbourne supporters. If it was proven that Melbourne players were drug cheats I would want them out of the game and struggle to support the club if there was systematic doping. Essendon seems to have a bizarre fanbase that is more like a cult. If it was me I would have been calling for Jobe to be stripped of his medal and all players given 4-year bans, but Essendon nuffies treat him like some sort of martyr.

You what? How does the bolded represent anything I've posted?

Are you simply making things up? Imagining what you want things to be?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh my, you wouldn't be picking and choosing what part of a post you are quoting now are you, it seems you are ignoring his post.

They have a word for that.

He quoted my post and made an accusation that Essendon fans were denying the truth.

Given i'm an Essendon fan, and he felt the need to specifically quote me when writing it, you'd logically expect that it was directed at least in part towards me. So it would stand to reason that he therefore would be able to provide some kind support for his statement, right?

The rest of the post was irrelevant to the statement he made, as what he thinks would do in a situation he was never in, is of limited interest to me personally.

For someone who decided they were fed up and wanted to stop replying, you're doing a really bad job of not replying.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
He quoted my post and made an accusation that Essendon fans were denying the truth.

Given i'm an Essendon fan, and he felt the need to specifically quote me when writing it, you'd logically expect that it was directed at least in part towards me. So it would stand to reason that he therefore would be able to provide some kind support for his statement, right?

The rest of the post was irrelevant to the statement he made, as what he thinks would do in a situation he was never in, is of limited interest to me personally.

For someone who decided they were fed up and wanted to stop replying, you're doing a really bad job of not replying.
You know what you are, I don't need to say it.

I was trying to find that Daisy gif for you, it suits you to a tee.

As for replying, I asked you a few times, but you ignored me, now it upsets you I do the same, you are hilarious.

Back