Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely think this is the year...

Said every Carlton supporter yearly since the inception of mankind.
A stopped clock is right twice a day. One year it's going to be 'it'.... And every year it gets closer... Personally, looking at the pics of Cripps with Cerra makes me say, 'This is the one...'

I genuinely think this is the year...

Said every Carlton supporter yearly since the inception of mankind.

And I genuinely think Stocker goes into every game of AFL like…

1637808530569.gif

Just remember if we beat Richmond round 1, it means nothing! We did that many years in a row and we didn't end up too far. Best thing is at halfway mark of season we need to aim to be 6-5 at a minimum, low injuries, good fitness, then we can start to release the shackles a little.

Just remember if we beat Richmond round 1, it means nothing! We did that many years in a row and we didn't end up too far. Best thing is at halfway mark of season we need to aim to be 6-5 at a minimum, low injuries, good fitness, then we can start to release the shackles a little.
Beating tigers r1 is still a good hurdle for us to get over. Been a long time but I think we should take it up to them and a good chance to win. We’ve got stronger and they’ve probably weakened a little. Can’t wait for that match.

Comparing us beating Richmond when we were perennially in the 8 and they were rubbish vs when they've just won 3 flags is night and day, it'd be a huge win and a signal to the league and to the club/its fans that we're on the right track.

Comparing us beating Richmond when we were perennially in the 8 and they were rubbish vs when they've just won 3 flags is night and day, it'd be a huge win and a signal to the league and to the club/its fans that we're on the right track.
That’s not Richmond anymore… they didn’t make the 8 last season for a reason and on top of that they’ve lost some serious players. It all catches up eventually. We should be up to our eyeballs against them if the club is honest in their approach to the competition.
3 things we need to get right; healthy competition for spots, intensity both ways and a distinct game style. We match them for stars so the rest is really a whole club approach. We get it right then we’ll be top 4 side very soon. Its actually inevitable if you look at the list demographic.

I've said this before but I'm not sure we're going to start fast. I would expect to be about 4-7 at the turn and then look to be at least 7-4 coming home.

The reason I say that is, new coaching group, new game style, new players in the midfield. I expect it to take time to adjust and settle. I don't expect to win Rd1. Richmond will be pressing to make it known that they're still around and in contention. They've had a longer pre-season this year, so they'll be pumped for Rd1. I don't expect to win that game.

Have you ever seen 'sunderland till I die' on Netflix?

fu** we haven't got it that bad
Hilarious doco that.

Supposed to follow the redemption story of getting back into the premier league, instead follows them falling apart even more and being relegated again.

Amazing stuff.

let's lose this!

A stopped clock is right twice a day. One year it's going to be 'it'.... And every year it gets closer... Personally, looking at the pics of Cripps with Cerra makes me say, 'This is the one...'
The more I see and listen to Vossy - the more I'm convinced he's the man to do it.
Even if he gets us to finals, I think that's a stabilizing small 'win' for us considering the Merry Go Round of coaches we've had in the last 20 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich who?.......................

The more I see and listen to Vossy - the more I'm convinced he's the man to do it.
Even if he gets us to finals, I think that's a stabilizing small 'win' for us considering the Merry Go Round of coaches we've had in the last 20 years
I have no clue as to how good vossy is as a coach. We will learn over the course of next season. So at this stage I’m mainly excited about where our team is at with the recent progress of some of our existing players and our new recruits in Cerra and hewy and now Motlop. It’s a much improved looking side even though we’ve lost jones.

I have no clue as to how good vossy is as a coach. We will learn over the course of next season. So at this stage I’m mainly excited about where our team is at with the recent progress of some of our existing players and our new recruits in Cerra and hewy and now Motlop. It’s a much improved looking side even though we’ve lost jones.
Agree with you the excitement and momentum springs from sound recruiting by Nick & team and the wholesale changes to several areas of administration & footy departments.
Hype is very positive, revamped coaching team more comprehensive, experienced and is fresh ready to attack the challenge.
It’s all positive with some luck too especially re, injuries , we may well play in a finals game in 2022.

fact, because I got it from a bloke who runs a cafe in sandringham - 13 smashed his 2k pb by about an hour............commentator round 3, 2022 18 minutes into the first quarter "stocker just come off the bench and gone straight into the middle, carlton looking to maintain this pressure"...................

Any word on the results of the 2km time trial? It looks like Cottrell, Obrien and Walsh went 1,2,3 in that order but haven't heard any reports aside from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back