Game Day 2021 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Roberts

Matthew Roberts is one of several talented draft prospects out of South Adelaide this year. A ‘footballers footballer’, Roberts has been high on the radar of AFL recruiters for several years, having represented South Australia at consecutive Under 16 National Championships alongside club teammate Jason HorneFrancis. In his bottom-aged season last year, Roberts proved a class above the SANFL Under 18 level, winning an abundance of the football and regularly impacting the scoreboard. However, Roberts’ season took a hit when he suffered a syndesmosis injury whilst playing college football with St. Peter’s, leaving him sidelined for over two months. Roberts has been a standout junior in South Australia for a number of years and looks set to join an AFL list via the National Draft. One of the hardest workers in the draft pool, Roberts is a fundamentally sound midfielder and a regular goalkicker when rotated forward

We will be damn lucky if any of these guys end up as good as Hewett.

And we had five years at least left of quality Hewett.

Dumb as rocks IMO.

At half a million per year that’s the key. Might have cost us Campbell, Logan etc

We will be damn lucky if any of these guys end up as good as Hewett.

And we had five years at least left of quality Hewett.

Dumb as rocks IMO.
She isn't coming back, bro... it's time to move on

I trust the swans more than Bigfooty, but holy moly leaving Bazzo and Taylor on the field...
Twomey et al made a good point on Taylor - we have so many similar sized mids already. Surprised it wasn't Bazzo. Probably goes to a W.A. team :rolleyes:

Twomey et al made a good point on Taylor - we have so many similar sized mids already. Surprised it wasn't Bazzo. Probably goes to a W.A. team :rolleyes:

Or he lasts till our next one.

The one we drafted is perfect. You can’t teach footy IQ

We won't get Warner.
Too many similar players
Warner if I've read correctly is more outside, which I'd welcome at this point.

Sheldrick, Roberts and Anderson in a position that was less of a need than KPD and wing, but hey we'll probably get Dittmar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back