Senior 10: Mitch Knevitt (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the GFC Mitch Knevitt

Midfield help.

Go Catters

Last edited:

Looks like Grant Tanner in this photo

Topically, also has a bit of the junkyard dog about him in that second photo too. Lean, mulleted, messy.

This is a very stupid theory but it actually seems to ring true in rugby league. Players with long hair and no frills tend to at the very least LOOK more aggressive and that reputation actually gets them at least a little bit further. They look like they are going harder and tackling harder than other players even though they probably aren’t.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To any keen falcons watchers...how do Knevitt and Stephens compare? Can they play in the same side? Or have we picked Knevitt because Coop isn't working out?

Topically, also has a bit of the junkyard dog about him in that second photo too. Lean, mulleted, messy.

This is a very stupid theory but it actually seems to ring true in rugby league. Players with long hair and no frills tend to at the very least LOOK more aggressive and that reputation actually gets them at least a little bit further. They look like they are going harder and tackling harder than other players even though they probably aren’t.
Lean, mulleted, messy. You've sold me!

I've got a soft spot for junkyard dogs.

Very excited about our new kittens. Go Cats!

Would be happy to eat humble pie. But none of this kids highlight packages screams anything except extremely average. Below par agility, poor disposal by foot and hand. Low trajectory kick where he slaps the ball the ball on to the foot. Despite testing high in the sprint looked really slow. Obviously some punters on here watched Falcons games and have different opinions but hard to get excited.

Would be happy to eat humble pie. But none of this kids highlight packages screams anything except extremely average. Below par agility, poor disposal by foot and hand. Low trajectory kick where he slaps the ball the ball on to the foot. Despite testing high in the sprint looked really slow. Obviously some punters on here watched Falcons games and have different opinions but hard to get excited.
Have you seen him play a bit?

The vid above looked ok - one game and he has been rated by a lot for a while now, but if you have seen him play then it's good to know as video packages only tell part of the story.

In the first photo, next to Toby Conway - got a lot of junkyard dog about him. :p

Said it before and I'll say it again

If he was 185cm rather than 193 he's not getting picked this early.

It's the fascination of clubs wanting the next Bont when almost all of them end up more like Jansen and Constable.

Good luck to him and I wish him all the best of course, but just don't see the talent myself and I'm hardly on my Pat Malone there

Have you seen him play a bit?

The vid above looked ok - one game and he has been rated by a lot for a while now, but if you have seen him play then it's good to know as video packages only tell part of the story.
Not at all, and that’s the point, the videos are his ‘highlights’. Half of the snippets from the vic country v metro match were clangers. Seen 3 or 4 video packages now and they all look incredibly underwhelming for what was touted as a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd talent. What stood out the most was his inability to do anything in traffic except attempt a handball clearance or hack kick forward. Only my humble opinion but the lack of any awareness in traffic is usually a key indicator for juniors. Game only speeds up at the next levels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back