Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't make sense our hauls have delivered 3 flags that's the facts simple as that.How about we back the the club who delivered that.
What? The flags were delivered well before Clarke started recruiting

You think he projects as a mid based on the few games he played in there? And not worried about his shotgun kicking?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for loading up on quality mids. But this guy looks like he’s competing with RCD for a spot in the 22. And I don’t think he’s that good to burn pick 17 on him.

For us to do so, you must think he’s significantly better than RCD?
No because I don’t know whether he is or not. Do you believe that he is significantly worse than RCD? What a silly question because it’s obvious that you don’t know either.

I’m giving you an example of someone who fits the overall criteria that I think we lack - A player that has potential to be a tall mid for us. Potential is enough in the draft for me because they’re all mostly project players

Even if it is not Goater, there is Knevitt, Ned Long, Erasmus or even less contested tall mids like Johnson that we could have picked. Erasmus is fine because I really like Gibcus.

I just don’t rate our current young midfield group compared to many other clubs if I’m going to be honest and we haven’t really done much to improve it in this draft unless Banks and Brown are going to join the midfield group.

No because I don’t know whether he is or not. Do you believe that he is significantly worse than RCD? What a silly question because it’s obvious that you don’t know either.

I’m giving you an example of someone who fits the overall criteria that I think we lack - A player that has potential to be a tall mid for us. Potential is enough in the draft for me because they’re all mostly project players

Even if it is not Goater, there is Knevitt, Ned Long, Erasmus or even less contested tall mids like Johnson that we could have picked. Erasmus is fine because I really like Gibcus.

I just don’t rate our current young midfield group compared to many other clubs if I’m going to be honest and we haven’t really done much to improve it in this draft unless Banks and Brown are going to join the midfield group.
There are many clubs in the same position as us needing quality mids. And yet those clubs' recruiters also ignored many of those same players we did. I think you are being rough on our younger mids who have been COVID hit and have had to try to push out Premiership heroes to get a game. They have more upside than you are crediting them with.

There are many clubs in the same position as us needing quality mids. And yet those clubs' recruiters also ignored many of those same players we did. I think you are being rough on our younger mids who have been COVID hit and have had to try to push out Premiership heroes to get a game. They have more upside than you are crediting them with.
I have no problem with others rating them. As much as I want to rate them too, I just don’t unfortunately. I’d love for the likes of RCD and Ross to prove me completely wrong, but they’re now heading to a stage where I want to see strong evidence before I rate them. I like the flashes of what I have seen from RCD in the centre, but he really needs a big preseason now because he doesn’t produce it consistently enough. It’s time he breaks out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've no great insight but looks luke an incredibly exciting and skillful group. Banks the most underwhelming but some serious smarts and athleticism across all picks. Clarke has such a beautifully weighted kick and sonsie could be anything. Just great to take in 5 new players too.

We also don’t know strategically what positional shifts are in store for the players on the current list as well. Upcoming free agency availability. How this year ties into last years drafting etc etc. It’s so much more than just drafting a kid and looking at it in isolation.

Exactly, this draft looks different if we snaffle Tom Greene or someone of that ilk next off season.

All five of the kids we took are excellent users of the footy.

And have serious athleticism. No more Lennon’s or Ellis’!

I've no great insight but looks luke an incredibly exciting and skillful group. Banks the most underwhelming but some serious smarts and athleticism across all picks. Clarke has such a beautifully weighted kick and sonsie could be anything. Just great to take in 5 new players too.

He did this two weeks after his sixteen birthday :)
giphy.gif

Just got home and checking the drafting.
Happy enough with Sonsie at that pick.
Sam Banks I don't know much about. Was highly rated 12 months ago but been injured? Just hope we don't lose him to the go-home factor in a few years to norf.
Judson Clarke I also don't know much about. But was one of the ones around that range.

Hindsight makes me wonder how big the difference between Bazzo & Gibcus is compared to the difference between any of our late picks and Hobbs/Erasmus.
Stupid question and even in a few years when we find out the answer, it is irrelevant.

Go Tiges!!!!

Just got home and checking the drafting.
Happy enough with Sonsie at that pick.
Sam Banks I don't know much about. Was highly rated 12 months ago but been injured? Just hope we don't lose him to the go-home factor in a few years to norf.
Judson Clarke I also don't know much about. But was one of the ones around that range.

Hindsight makes me wonder how big the difference between Bazzo & Gibcus is compared to the difference between any of our late picks and Hobbs/Erasmus.
Stupid question and even in a few years when we find out the answer, it is irrelevant.

Go Tiges!!!!
I feel like that question could be similar to what’s the difference between Tom Barrass and Aaron Naughton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back