Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

1 player out of 5 over 186cm doesn't really tickle my bean - no replacements for Chol & CCJ is a massive worry for me. Howes would have wrapped it up nicely for me, probably over Banks
Picked up soldo

No because I don’t know whether he is or not. Do you believe that he is significantly worse than RCD? What a silly question because it’s obvious that you don’t know either.

I’m giving you an example of someone who fits the overall criteria that I think we lack - A player that has potential to be a tall mid for us. Potential is enough in the draft for me because they’re all mostly project players

Even if it is not Goater, there is Knevitt, Ned Long, Erasmus or even less contested tall mids like Johnson that we could have picked. Erasmus is fine because I really like Gibcus.

I just don’t rate our current young midfield group compared to many other clubs if I’m going to be honest and we haven’t really done much to improve it in this draft unless Banks and Brown are going to join the midfield group.
My point is that with a contested mid player they must be quality. I get it regarding Goater. As he’s the same as RCD and you seem to have a hard on for him you obviously rate him higher than RCD. Otherwise he’s just a competitor for one spot in the 22. Myself I have no idea. But I back the guys who have seen more than me. And I know through a recent coterie presentation that the club rates RCD.

The examples you mentioned would have cost the following:

Erasmus- Pick 9
Goater - Pick 17
Knevitt- Pick 17

Put it on the line. You happy with picking these guys over the ones we ended up with at 9 and 17?

I did say I have no great insight! He's a tiger. I love him....
For some reason it didn't quote your post Marcel P. But I am not worthy!

Just got home and checking the drafting.
Happy enough with Sonsie at that pick.
Sam Banks I don't know much about. Was highly rated 12 months ago but been injured? Just hope we don't lose him to the go-home factor in a few years to norf.
Judson Clarke I also don't know much about. But was one of the ones around that range.

Hindsight makes me wonder how big the difference between Bazzo & Gibcus is compared to the difference between any of our late picks and Hobbs/Erasmus.
Stupid question and even in a few years when we find out the answer, it is irrelevant.

Go Tiges!!!!

Banks (somewhat, at least) was rated before breaking his wrist

Kicks well apparently

Last edited:
Banks was rated before breaking his wrist

Kicks well apparently

All of our picks have good footskills. Seems we now know under the current stand rule that we need players who can kick. Gives the impression that our gameplan may be tweaked slightly this year rather than a running handball game, maybe a gameplan that utilises a spread/kicking style.

Gold Coast lose Greenwood pick up Constable. Rabble club.

Constable is a solid player, just slow as treacle. Inside bull/extractor type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banks (somewhat, at least) was rated before breaking his wrist

Kicks well apparently

His report literally reads like Naish, Ellis,Menadue Meyer etc. Its hard to get excited for a player that we have clearly labelled as "not tiger men" several times before.

His report literally reads like Naish, Ellis,Menadue Meyer etc. Its hard to get excited for a player that we have clearly labelled as "not tiger men" several times before.

Yeah there is a good chance all the players we drafted turn out duds outside Gibcus who there is a good chance becomes at least ok. A decent percentage usually fail

Who knows.

At least he was skipper of Tassie youth teams, can kick goals from half way and has senior footy under the belt

I think its a fair assessment.

Gibcus & Sonsie made a world of sense, but the other 3 fitted the type i felt we were loaded on - we have excellent role players moving forward over the next decade. Tall fws, Mids & maybe even a ruckman seemed required
I feel both Banks and Brown are a type of player we really lack, outside of Vlastuin how many midsized defenders (between 183 & 190cm) do we have on our list who can intercept?

How does he rate compared to Constable? Apart from being less of an accumulator and slower? What are his strengths over Charlie?

Better disposal and hits the scoreboard more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back