2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
So just round 1 of the rookie draft tomorrow yeah?

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 22.28.42.png

Afternoon,

Seen Tweet saying AFL.com.au saying there Coverage start at 3
The pre-season draft is at 3pm, yes. The DFA signing period & rookie upgrade period I was talking about is tonight, or was – it should've just finished.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Freo and North the big winners of the draft.

Goater and Johnson were the biggest sliders looking at phantoms. Both were almost universally top 15 picks. Often top 10. Sonsie probably third but wasn’t really unexpected, though the hawks passing on him twice in the 20’s was surprising.

Freo also got the 3/3 home grown talent which is important.

North got the best talent in the draft.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Freo and North the big winners of the draft.

Goater and Johnson were the biggest sliders looking at phantoms. Both were almost universally top 15 picks. Often top 10. Sonsie probably third but wasn’t really unexpected, though the hawks passing on him twice in the 20’s was surprising.

Freo also got the 3/3 home grown talent which is important.

North got the best talent in the draft.
Surely the Hawks get a big win with Butler and MacDonald, two players rated very highly internally. The words out of Macca's interview were that he is one of the brightest footballers around, I reckon with him and Ward we have two leaders of the future who will bring their A-game every damn week. Butler has a decent shot at being a star, can't wait for Breusty and Gunner to mentor him into a more composed player. They did it with Moore and by all accounts, Butler seems like a very coachable and dedicated player.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surely the Hawks get a big win with Butler and MacDonald, two players rated very highly internally. The words out of Macca's interview were that he is one of the brightest footballers around, I reckon with him and Ward we have two leaders of the future who will bring their A-game every damn week. Butler has a decent shot at being a star, can't wait for Breusty and Gunner to mentor him into a more composed player. They did it with Moore and by all accounts, Butler seems like a very coachable and dedicated player.

For sure, I’m not saying the hawks were wrong to pass on Sonsie. Just that it was surprising and rightly or wrongly I get the impression if the hawks passed there must be a reason.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For sure, I’m not saying the hawks were wrong to pass on Sonsie. Just that it was surprising and rightly or wrongly I get the impression if the hawks passed there must be a reason.
I honestly think they just really liked Butler and MacDonald. They put some work into Sonsie, but I trust our recruiters to pick who they think has the best shot of being a long-term contributor.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Without doubt, the highlight of the night was Adrian Dodoro piffing his texta at the desk after Collingwood traded up to pinch his man at his 2nd pick, after Port did the same for his 1st pick.

Outstanding tanty by Adrian.

His encore was picking a bloke that neither of the draftcyclopedias Cal Twomey or Shifter Sheahan had ever heard of.

As if to say, well, if you're gonna steal all my players, try this nobody on for size sucka's.

The man is a star.....even hidden behind a mask. :)

Back