Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Roo waives No.18
JASON Horne-Francis has knocked back the chance to wear the North Melbourne guernsey number made famous by the club’s greatest player, Wayne Carey.

Horne-Francis, the No.1 pick on Wednesday night, said the Kangaroos had offered him the No.18 jumper, but he opted for No.6.

“I wanted to create my own pathway,’’ Horne-Francis said of his choice of number.

“We knew 18 was there (available) and the great Wayne Carey wore that but I thought to create my own pathway would be good for me. It was a little bit tempting to take the 18 but I thought the No.6 would be best.

“I spoke to some people about it, Benny (manager Ben Williams) and mum and dad, to see what their thoughts were and we decided to go with six.’’

New Roo waives No.18
JASON Horne-Francis has knocked back the chance to wear the North Melbourne guernsey number made famous by the club’s greatest player, Wayne Carey.

Horne-Francis, the No.1 pick on Wednesday night, said the Kangaroos had offered him the No.18 jumper, but he opted for No.6.

“I wanted to create my own pathway,’’ Horne-Francis said of his choice of number.

“We knew 18 was there (available) and the great Wayne Carey wore that but I thought to create my own pathway would be good for me. It was a little bit tempting to take the 18 but I thought the No.6 would be best.

“I spoke to some people about it, Benny (manager Ben Williams) and mum and dad, to see what their thoughts were and we decided to go with six.’’
I love this kid

I’d probably say this is the most exciting off season we have had in a bloody long time. What a fantastic mix of players our club has grabbed. This is awesome stuff from the brady bunch
Bloody oath. Now, let's start winning a few games. Never want a number one draft pick again unless we traded for it. Gokangas!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back