Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: our 2014 draft and trade crop is currently 70th for most games total played by a draft/trade crop for their club with 719. If ANB, Petracca and Brayshaw all double their current totals (so another 350 games between them) by the time they retire they'd be 16th overall (10th if you take away expansion drafts.

Currently fourth overall for us.

That number doesn't include Langdon and Lever who went in that draft to other clubs, but does include Garlett, Frost, Lumumba and Ben Newton who didn't go in that draft but were traded to us that year and subsequently played ~180 games for us. If only Fritsch hadn't missed out on being picked for Eastern Ranges that year and we'd drafted him.

Last edited:
I imagine that our 2017 (Spargo, Fritsch, Petty, Baker and Lever), 2018 (Sparrow, Jordon, Lockhart, Hore and May + misc) and 2019 (Jackson, Pickett, Rivers, Langdon, Tomlinson, Mitch Brown and Bennell) hauls will also threaten the top end by the time they've done. Would hope the 2017 group play at least 800 games for the club, and the 2019 group even more.

Will be very curious to see how many games the group of Petracca, Brayshaw, Lever, ANB, Stretch, O McDonald, Langdon and Fritsch (all born in 1996, all eligible for the draft for the first time in 2014, all taken then except Fritsch) end up playing for the MFC. As of the 2021 Grand Final they sit on 666, which is very fitting. 1996 - truly the year of the Demon.

EDIT: Just realised that Mitch White, Joel Smith, Marty Hore and Jay Lockhart were also born in 1996 which ruins the 666 thing but does take the total to 723.

I remember thinking Mitch White might be a good honest battler, don’t remember him slaughtering the ball like Terlich, Nicholson, Valenti et. al. Never got more than 5-10 games though I think.

Fun fact: we’re +17 in prelims in Perth in spite of a 66 point loss there three years ago.

You’re right for Optus stadium prelims, however there was also the 1994 prelim in Perth lost 16.21.117 to 8.4.52 (65 points and 37 scoring shots to 12, what a belting).

+83 vs Geelong, -66 and -65 vs West Coast for -48 net in Perth prelims.

Overall finals in Perth include the GF win by 74, but another loss to Freo in 2006 by 28.

Melbourne are net -2 in Perth finals overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re right for Optus stadium prelims, however there was also the 1994 prelim in Perth lost 16.21.117 to 8.4.52 (65 points and 37 scoring shots to 12, what a belting).

+83 vs Geelong, -66 and -65 vs West Coast for -48 net in Perth prelims.

Overall finals in Perth include the GF win by 74, but another loss to Freo in 2006 by 28.

Melbourne are net -2 in Perth finals overall.
I had a feeling that would be the case but I was too lazy/deliberately ignorant to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back