List Mgmt. Welcome pick 57 - Jack Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he does well, but I just don't see it. He dominated through size pushing guys under the ball with his strength and tearing weaker opponents off him as a forward and is really a ruck.

Now when next generation Ruckmen are coming in at 202-210cm how is a guy with average, not an amazing leap going to stand up to those guys. No slight on the kid but he'll probably have a great state level career I just don't see a spot for him at AFL level.

Best of luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leads well and is a good kick for a tall, but will need to keep growing however to hold down a key forward position at the next level against the new generation of AFL defenders.

Looks like he gets involved quite a bit for a tall forward, could potentially develop as a Gunston type that could prove a handful to defend against.

95kg already as well - going to become a unit after a few preseasons.

Probably will start to come into the side as the third tall up forward in 2023 after Kennedy has retired.

Either way, his recruitment asks questions over the future of Waterman (is he about to be repurposed to the Brander role?)

Welcome to the Eagles.

We now have x4 Jacks on our list - the sponsors will be happy.

Leads well and is a good kick for a tall, but will need to keep growing however to hold down a key forward position at the next level against the new generation of AFL defenders.

Looks like he gets involved quite a bit for a tall forward, could potentially develop as a Gunston type that could prove a handful to defend against.

95kg already as well - going to become a unit after a few preseasons.

Probably will start to come into the side as the third tall up forward in 2023 after Kennedy has retired.

Either way, his recruitment asks questions over the future of Waterman (is he about to be repurposed to the Brander role?)

Welcome to the Eagles.

We now have x4 Jacks on our list - the sponsors will be happy.

Well placed on our quest for a 'Hundy Jacks'

Welcome aboard Willo. Here's hoping to a successful career playing as a defensive winger in Simmo's system :moustache:

Don't hate the pick at all, but you'd be open the big fella continues growing or you can put a line straight through the ruck component of his game.

Definitely some "Big ol 'Orse Fraser" vibes, but he seems an intelligent footballer.

Won't be able to bully his opponent at AFL level due to his size like he does in the JNR's.

Liked what i saw of him in the final U18's game vs SA though, he impressed many being the best big man on the ground. At both ends as well.

His field kicking looks good for a ruck/kpf, has a very balanced technique.

I was just noting that about his and Hough's field kicking. Hit them with a really nice trajectory.

Not sure he's what the list needed but he looks a good one. 95kegs already, with the tank to get involved up the ground...me likely.

Welcome aboard Willo. Here's hoping to a successful career playing as a defensive winger in Simmo's system :moustache:

Don't hate the pick at all, but you'd be open the big fella continues growing or you can put a line straight through the ruck component of his game.

Definitely some "Big ol 'Orse Fraser" vibes, but he seems an intelligent footballer.

Won't be able to bully his opponent at AFL level due to his size like he does in the JNR's.

Liked what i saw of him in the final U18's game vs SA though, he impressed many being the best big man on the ground. At both ends as well.
and he is 17

Hope they plonk him at full forward from day one for the beagles

Woohoo! How the hell did this kid slip so far? Skills and smarts are more important than size.Whether or not he can ruck at AFL level is irrelevant.OAllen seems to be managing [yes i know! Not ideal ] Absolute steal!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back