Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Port blew a massive chance this season home preliminary and multiple games at home no guarantees they will be there again like all clubs.

I think that showed they're just not good enough at the end of the day. If they had beaten the Dogs in the PF, the GF would have had shades of 119 about it.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have been a freo supporter since late 2001- early 2002.

To be honest here, can you see freo win a flag between now and 2029? If so, what year?

I see freo having a 3-4 year run of finals in this middle part of the decade before going though another 5 year rebuild at the end of this decade. But thats my opinion.

When you support freo like I do, you have to tolerate the bad times and savor the few good moments that come.

So I will savour every final freo will play in this decade.... if we ever make finals.

Considering how hard it is to tip games week to week, a long bow to draw to say how we will be going over a decade.

port can't get there with this list, so a full rebuild process ahead before flag contention

thus the crows or freo have to be the punt if any of the three win a flag within the next cycle

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

Shaunbkk

All Australian
Oct 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We all love our own clubs and get disappointed but too much investment in who thinks what, who reckons what....if only all this hot air was directed at serious issues we are facing in this corrupt, stupid world - just enjoy the footy - and all these clubs could surprise as could any - no Nostradamus here no doubt

Darcy 2 Fyfe

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Yallingup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
After the 1st round of this years draft I am far more bullish on Freo. If they add Johnson in the 2nd round we will have a seriously strong team through the mid 20's. From there it we be on the coaching staff to deliver.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
I just had to post this......

So freo has a 5 year plan from 2021-2025 to get a premiership. Make top 4 in 3 of those 5 years and have 80,000 members by 2025.

Probably a stretch to make top 4 in two years but anything can happen. The talent on the list is immense now, just about getting the talent in to the 22-28 range, especial this years crop.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Probably a stretch to make top 4 in two years but anything can happen. The talent on the list is immense now, just about getting the talent in to the 22-28 range, especial this years crop.
It's a stretch for Freo to make finals unless they get a minimal injury run and have a decent medical staff

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
they're including the girls who are already one of the top teams and just picked up some real top players (e.g. Amy Franklin) in the draft. The girls may do 2 in 4 years?

LOZWILDA

All Australian
Feb 24, 2008
SUNBURY
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Diggersrest fc.Tongala fc, Sunbury
Freo’s list is coming together nicely and in a few years will be close.
Port are a bit stiff, they have Melbourne and the Bulldogs at their peak right now and can’t see Port beating either for a while and will be declining with a few older key players nearing the end of their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo after this draft . . .

Very astute drafting, they've put together the beginnings of a high quality midfield and we're smart enough to focus on local talent to remove the go home factor. They'll have one of the top midfields in the league in a few years just need to focus on their bookends now.

Back