Review 2021 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah god forbid someone has a bit of positivity about him, something Will could probably learn from him.
Cal Twomey also talks nothing but positivity about draftees. They sort of have to on live TV and afl.com.au panel shows.

If they diss a club for picking a player and he turns out to become a star it will look bad if they’d already called him a dud. So they have to tell us his good attributes and gloss over the picks that may not have been the best by recruiters.

He has a role to play on the night where he pipes up and says something nice about every draftee. That is just his job. He isn't there to do detailed analysis or critique list management in his allotted 90 seconds per kid. Plus he needs notes on so many kids he'd be wasting his time making them detailed.

This thread is like getting mad at Tom Atkins for not being Patrick Dangerfield. He doesn't have to, not his role

The pre-season draft is at 3pm, yes. The DFA signing period & rookie upgrade period I was talking about is tonight, or was – it should've just finished.

Is there a list anywhere of the final rookie elevations for each club after the draft? Obviously geelong arent elevating any after taking 5 picks but my calcs are essendon have to elevate someone unless they take a PSD pick as they only have 35 on the senior list-is that right?

Well Saints won that draft by quite a distance

I wouldnt say won a lot will hinge on wanganeen milera..hes a good player but he needs to improve his genuine midfield work a fair bit so jury is out there. But the NGA boys are very good and adams is a good get late.

I was actually really impressed by sydneys picks..i really rate all of sheldrick roberts (i know they polarise people) and warner is a real value pick. I took rankin in a mock draft a few weeks ago and hes a great get late. I think collingwood also did well with their late picks..richmond did very well with sonsie..freo obviously smashed the draft with what they had in the top 21. Im fairly happy with geelongs picks as we desperately needed a ruckman and i do really rate the falcons kids we took plus willis. We addressed our lack of legspeed well relative to the picks we had.

I rate clark but asides from that i have no idea why wce took yet more talls that they dont need and didnt prioritise their ageing midfield.

Is there a list anywhere of the final rookie elevations for each club after the draft? Obviously geelong arent elevating any after taking 5 picks but my calcs are essendon have to elevate someone unless they take a PSD pick as they only have 35 on the senior list-is that right?
I haven’t seen a list but I haven’t looked this morning either. Your numbers look right to me. Expecting a Snelling upgrade.

I was actually really impressed by sydneys picks..i really rate all of sheldrick roberts (i know they polarise people) and warner is a real value pick. I took rankin in a mock draft a few weeks ago and hes a great get late. I think collingwood also did well with their late picks..richmond did very well with sonsie..freo obviously smashed the draft with what they had in the top 21. Im fairly happy with geelongs picks as we desperately needed a ruckman and i do really rate the falcons kids we took plus willis. We addressed our lack of legspeed well relative to the picks we had.

I rate clark but asides from that i have no idea why wce took yet more talls that they dont need and didnt prioritise their ageing midfield.
Shepard may be forced to retire. Darling is still a chance of doing a Liam Jones. Redden potentially missing for half the season.

Shepard may be forced to retire. Darling is still a chance of doing a Liam Jones. Redden potentially missing for half the season.

What has happened to sheppard and redden? By darling you mean retire? I still think their picks were very odd.

What has happened to sheppard and redden? By darling you mean retire? I still think their picks were very odd.
Shep has ongoing concussion issues (sad to see, one of the good WC players 😞)
Redden has a shoulder issue.
And yeah, Darling has been pro-anti-vax for some time, and still promoting some of the theories on social. So there’s a good chance he walks away. (Not 100%)

Someone finally went to bed. What an embarrassing display!
Shifter has been ok over the years but I think he's getting close to being mummified. He's not dissimilar to Bucky, they've got a new Gen coming through and Shifter is just coming up with the same tired superlatives as he has done for 20 years... Bed time Shifter. We desperately need some colourful characters in the media. Guys like Colin Cowherd for his opinions and knowledge are at a different level to the guys we have. Or Steve A Smith for pure entertainment. Kane Cornes is trying to be Cowherd but its all said for a reaction with Kane, its very transparent, and many of the guys in the AFL are in the same boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey also talks nothing but positivity about draftees. They sort of have to on live TV and afl.com.au panel shows.

If they diss a club for picking a player and he turns out to become a star it will look bad if they’d already called him a dud. So they have to tell us his good attributes and gloss over the picks that may not have been the best by recruiters.
Pretty sure I’ve heard the AFL.com crew mention things kids have to work on before 🤔🤔

Oh, and shifter does what he does well, but yes, could be a little less awestruck over every pick.

Who is everyone's pick to win The Rising Star next year?? JHF the obvious pick, has Daicos missed too much footy with lockdowns to play early, pies might protect him.. Darcy will need to develop like JUH did,.. Who are the smokies that are likely to play 18+ games..

Who is everyone's pick to win The Rising Star next year?? JHF the obvious pick, has Daicos missed too much footy with lockdowns to play early, pies might protect him.. Darcy will need to develop like JUH did,.. Who are the smokies that are likely to play 18+ games..
Is Hayden young still eligible? 😆😆
Has to be JHF at this stage, but we all remember Rowell

Don’t count out a few from this year that are eligible

Don’t count out a few from this year that are eligible

Who are the key players that are still eligible from last year?? Seems like there was a heap of kids regularly play last year and only Carlton reluctant to play their kids, but dont see Durdin being the type.

Who are the key players that are still eligible from last year?? Seems like there was a heap of kids regularly play last year and only Carlton reluctant to play their kids, but dont see Durdin being the type.

Pretty sure Logan is for us for one. He’ll ply every game next year

Hollands who was pick 6 last year for us spent the whole year recovering from an ACL and played some VFL very late. Will be fully fit this year.

Jamara is one and he should get a good crack early with Bruces knee injury but still has to develop a lot so would still be long odds

Pretty sure Logan is for us for one. He’ll ply every game next year
Logan, Elijah Hollands and Marra are potentials.
JHF is as ready made as they come so he'd have to be the favourite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back