Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

An alternate view is the (now he looks like) rentamouth dickhead 40-something bloke who hung around for a few days with JDG is speaking without authorisation and just looking for relevance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or, he’s just a bloke, giving his opinion in cyber space…just like everyone else does these days…
Has zero impact on how the Club will eventually handle the issue.
The Club is playing hardball & will continue to do so…until they sit face to face.
Then it will be a Kumbaya moment…roll on 2022.

De Goey has liked this post on Instagram from a mate, who was quoted in the pictured Herald Sun article.

In the article, he calls Collingwood cowards for standing De Goey down, and goes on to say in the text "to hear the coach say he is concerned for Jordys welfare after throwing him under the bus less than 24 hours after incident is laughable."

Given the quite disparaging things it is saying about Collingwood and the coach, I would have thought it would be in De Goey's best interests to not publicly align himself to those comments.

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly. Screenshot_20211125-235707_Instagram.jpg

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

De Goey has liked this post on Instagram from a mate, who was quoted in the pictured Herald Sun article.

In the article, he calls Collingwood cowards for standing De Goey down, and goes on to say in the text "to hear the coach say he is concerned for Jordys welfare after throwing him under the bus less than 24 hours after incident is laughable."

Given the quite disparaging things it is saying about Collingwood and the coach, I would have thought it would be in De Goey's best interests to not publicly align himself to those comments.

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly.View attachment 1287528

Are you sure that’s his instagram account?

Are you sure that’s his instagram account?

I’m assuming it was, because PS wouldn’t fake that, but JDG’s since unliked it. Context is always king and liking the post could have been as harmless as an acknowledgment of support. Then once he’s realised later it could be interpreted the way PS has he’s unliked it.

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly.View attachment 1287528

Id be disappointed if the relationship HASNT soured badly. It’s up to Jordy to win back respect and rekindle that relationship…..at the appropriate time after the court case has concluded.

Id be disappointed if the relationship HASNT soured badly. It’s up to Jordy to win back respect and rekindle that relationship…..at the appropriate time after the court case has concluded.

I’m curious about this because I think it’s the type of attitude that lead to that post. I 100% get it, but I don’t think it’s healthy. If I feel let down by family (Collingwood is a family) I don’t allow allow those relationships to sour and feel a need for respect to be won back.

I would hope the internal attitude is one of disappointment for JDG putting himself in that position, concern for his welfare (he spent a night in US prison on BS charges) and a focus on next steps depending on the outcome of the trial.

I can’t help but feel that if DeGoey is legitimately frustrated with the club that even if he is found not guilty of the charges, that his time at the club is limited to the end of 2022.
HE'S frustrated???

FMD he's dcked the club around every offseason since he's been here and GW has already made it clear he will have some searching questions to answer about his behavior.

Whether he's guilty or not of the crimes he's been charged with his football career is at the crossroads

I have been watching the live telecasts of the two big recent trials in the USA and am now thinking guilty or not with a good lawyer he may get away with a slap on the wrists or not guilty and the truth will never be known.

If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking with him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem that the club hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

… then it’s probably for the best he goes.

Last edited:
If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking to him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

Pretty sure they take your phone away when you're in custody, so the club couldn't contact him and he couldn't contact the club. I draw no conclusions from the absence of communication at that point.

I’m curious about this because I think it’s the type of attitude that lead to that post. I 100% get it, but I don’t think it’s healthy. If I feel let down by family (Collingwood is a family) I don’t allow allow those relationships to sour and feel a need for respect to be won back.

I would hope the internal attitude is one of disappointment for JDG putting himself in that position, concern for his welfare (he spent a night in US prison on BS charges) and a focus on next steps depending on the outcome of the trial.

Collingwood didn’t get itself involved in a bar room brawl. DeGoey did. Irrespective of the outcome of the court case, his behaviour and getting himself into this position in the first place is all on him. It’s also entirely on him to win respect back because he’s not a first time offender ( in terms of not reaching required behavioural standards)

If he feels somehow aggrieved that Collingwood has let him down, then he has two choices. Get over it, or get out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking to him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

To be fair he was held overnight in the cells. His one phone call would be to a lawyer

He liked a post critical of the club and coach. That's not speculation.

I know BF is full of boomers that don't really use social media but that's a fact.

It was ill advised but I don’t think that on its own is a hanging offence.

He liked a mate going in to bat for him and then removed the like when he realised or had it pointed out to him that it was not a good look.

To be fair he was held overnight in the cells. His one phone call would be to a lawyer
Pretty sure they take your phone away when you're in custody, so the club couldn't contact him and he couldn't contact the club. I draw no conclusions from the absence of communication at that point.

He went into the lockup some time after 2:30am early Saturday morning local time. When do you think he would have had access to his phone again? Following day at 10am? Noon? 4pm? 6pm? 10pm?

The club announced him being stood down at 6pm Melbourne time … which was 2am early Sunday morning, nearly a full 24 hours after the cops showed up at the nightclub.

He went into the lockup some time after 2:30am early Saturday morning local time. When do you think he would have had access to his phone again? Following day at 10am? Noon? 4pm? 6pm? 10pm?

The club announced him being stood down at 6pm Melbourne time … which was 2am early Sunday morning, nearly a full 24 hours after the cops showed up at the nightclub.
😂 that’s when the press conference is. There is a hell of a lot of guess work from you

Collingwood didn’t get itself involved in a bar room brawl. DeGoey did. Irrespective of the outcome of the court case, his behaviour and getting himself into this position in the first place is all on him. It’s also entirely on him to win respect back because he’s not a first time offender ( in terms of not reaching required behavioural standards)

If he feels somehow aggrieved that Collingwood has let him down, then he has two choices. Get over it, or get out.
Well said. 100% agree with this.

He would have left the cell hung over as all hell and probably not having slept properly for 30+ hours. Not the best time to call the boss.

If you want to play detective, the ABC reported "Both De Goey and Mr Dyson pleaded not guilty to the charges and were released late on Saturday night."

So that considerably narrows your window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back