List Mgmt. Welcome pick 62 - Greg Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

We can comment that our Clark is better than Fremantle's Clark now. ;)

Wanted him in the rookie draft, but happy take him with the club's last pick tonight.

Absolute brute. 193cm, 94kg pure contested midfielder. Ready-made, fully-developed and will play Round 1 next year.

If there was any sign of the club's intentions for 2022, here it is.

Provides hardness that we desperately lack and will facilitate Kelly and Shuey to rotate outside more often where they are most damaging.

Natural leader, captained WA in his draft year and was vice-captain at Subiaco this year, despite being just 24.

Perfect selection for a club that is looking to extend its window of opportunity by gaining immediate value rather than waiting on development.

Welcome to West Coast Greg - took Subiaco to the WAFL premiership this year, now it's time to help the Eagles do similar in 2022.

We can comment that our Clark is better than Fremantle's Clark now. ;)

Wanted him in the rookie draft, but happy take him with the club's last pick tonight.

Absolute brute. 193cm, 94kg pure contested midfielder. Ready-made, fully-developed and will play Round 1 next year.

If there was any sign of the club's intentions for 2022, here it is.

Provides hardness that we desperately lack and will facilitate Kelly and Shuey to rotate outside more often where they are most damaging.

Natural leader, captained WA in his draft year and was vice-captain at Subiaco this year, despite being just 24.

Perfect selection for a club that is looking to extend its window of opportunity by gaining immediate value rather than waiting on development.

Welcome to West Coast Greg - took Subiaco to the WAFL premiership this year, now it's time to help the Eagles do similar in 2022.
this is what I think so. Also with his endurance and defensive game i'd like to see him being the ones sent to Cripps/Bont/Fyfe when they're running hot.

this is what I think so. Also with his endurance and defensive game i'd like to see him being the ones sent to Cripps/Bont/Fyfe when they're running hot.
Bont will enjoy running off him but Cripps I can appreciate

Clark is quality. His leg speed might be problematic in 3-4 years time but I think he'll be fine for now, he's a smart footballer.

Can't wait to see him sharing the workload and doubling the aggression around the stoppages with Elliot.

New mid-field coaches, Redden out for a while and 2 good mature midfield options picked up - bodes well for at least a new look on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How slow exactly is he? Are we talking Priddis, Brayshaw or Colledge levels?
Priddis' slowness of foot wasn't necessarily the issue, it was how slow he was to move the ball. He was so much better the year after he won the brownlow because he moved the ball fast.

See Sam Mitchell for instance. Treacle slow when running but amazing at moving the ball.

Priddis' slowness of foot wasn't necessarily the issue, it was how slow he was to move the ball. He was so much better the year after he won the brownlow because he moved the ball fast.

See Sam Mitchell for instance. Treacle slow when running but amazing at moving the ball.
Thats true but Pridda himself said he was too slow now for the modern game. The opposition could literally run around him

The irony of Clark being our midfield saviour in 2021...

When back in 2015 we all sighed with relief as the club passed on him because he was considered a vanilla 'nothing pick'.

Never have i wanted a player to succeed more on our list than this bloke i reckon. (Maybe Adam Cockie).

After hearing what he's done and seeing him finally make it onto an AFL list the hard way, by putting his head down and getting to work.

He probably won't impact games and might struggle a bit at the top level compared to chopping up WAFL amateurs, but he's got potentially 5-6 years ahead of AFL ahead of him. At least 2 years now anyway.

I realise there may be limitations in how much he can improve, but the idea that we get a ready made mid who can play round 1 for one of the last picks is pretty funny. Especially when a handful of the first round will very likely be busts and many others underachieve

Not really. Clark has proven he is capable at the highest state level. He has also proven he can build up his body and endurance to a high level. All the things you hope a promising 18 year will do but it takes a lot of hard work and some luck with injury. At this stage Clark has already done the hard work, the 100s of sessions in the gym, 6 more preseasons, played in big games and won WAFL flags and ticked a lot of boxes along the way.

How many 18 yr olds have proven themselves to that degree?

The reason why he was picked so late is his age.

The other thing with G.Clark that should be noted is that J.Schofield coached him over four years at Subiaco.

Similarly, development coach Horsley was his captain at Subiaco for four seasons before joining West Coast.

We know exactly what we are getting here.

Hopefully coaches realise this is afl, not wafl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back