Has anyone actually ever seen Valente?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh if it doesn't work out with us I can 100% see one of the Adelaide teams throwing him a rookie contract.
Interesting that both Crowden and Blakley got delisted with the promised of being re-selected. But not Valente. Club must have considered Valente as a bigger risk of being drafted by another club than Blakley or Crowden. Which is saying something as both Blakely and Crowden have actually played senior games in last few years.

Interesting that both Crowden and Blakley got delisted with the promised of being re-selected. But not Valente. Club must have considered Valente as a bigger risk of being drafted by another club than Blakley or Crowden. Which is saying something as both Blakely and Crowden have actually played senior games in last few years.
I actually think that Freo still value Valente highly. Everyone that's talked about him within the club has only had high praise since he was drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakely is a free agent end of next year which would’ve helped. We weren’t giving him Free Agency status by delisting him. Despite playing games this year, I very much doubt the club gives two sh**s if someone else takes him.

Crowden is a strange one as he’s generally played around 50% games. Think he was just the last guy out of contract we wanted to keep. I would’ve delisted and re-rookied Colyer or Acres tbh. Colyer because he’s 30 and not a star meaning no one would take him. Acres for similar reasons to Blakely other than him not being a free agent next year.

My God...

Given the fantastic draft period we just had, all the quality players we've just picked up, and all the poise, polish and leadership Luke displayed as a junior...

...can you imagine how good our midfield will be, once Luke strings together a few senior games and starts finds his feet at AFL level?

That man is Freo's forgotten Rembrandt... just stitting there in the closet.

Ooohhhh... the possibilities...

My God...

Given the fantastic draft period we just had, all the quality players we've just picked up, and all the poise, polish and leadership Luke displayed as a junior...

...can you imagine how good our midfield will be, once Luke strings together a few senior games and starts finds his feet at AFL level?

That man is Freo's forgotten Rembrandt... just stitting there in the closet.

Ooohhhh... the possibilities...

I think the opposite. Given our draft, Luke is going to have to work his tail off to stay on the list - even more so if you are Crowden and Blakely.

I think the opposite. Given our draft, Luke is going to have to work his tail off to stay on the list - even more so if you are Crowden and Blakely.
His skills are quite good, same with Crowden. But I think the writing has been on the wall for Blakely for awhile now.
Hughes is at least tough, but if you can’t kick well I don’t see where you fit into at Freo?
It’s the first time that I can remember a squad assembled with that much raw talent.
You saw it with how Conca was stuck at Peel, and if our trajectory is right, we won’t have a top 10 pick for awhile now😜

Agreed. Was thinking yesterday I don’t really see the point of redrafting Blakely & Crowden. They have both shown they can contribute at the level but not enough.
Blakely can find it ok but murders it. Crowden kicks it beautifully but doesn’t get it enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Was thinking yesterday I don’t really see the point of redrafting Blakely & Crowden. They have both shown they can contribute at the level but not enough.
Blakely can find it ok but murders it. Crowden kicks it beautifully but doesn’t get it enough.

Can we weld them together?

Crowden is an inside midfielder that has only been played there in case of emergencies. His kicking is superb to the leading forward.
He needs to start at Peel as an inside mid and work into the team.
I think we'd find Crowden regularly getting 20 plus if he was played inside.
I think with Brodie, Erasmus and Johnson he's up against it...

Which is a damn shame, because I think he's AFL quality

Crowden is an inside midfielder that has only been played there in case of emergencies. His kicking is superb to the leading forward.
He needs to start at Peel as an inside mid and work into the team.
I think we'd find Crowden regularly getting 20 plus if he was played inside.
I think with Brodie, Erasmus and Johnson he's up against it...

Which is a damn shame, because I think he's AFL quality
Speaking of which, where is old mate Joao these days? I miss his insightful commentary and also his dogged defence of the munchkin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back