Fremantle
FB: Logue - Pearce - Ryan
HB: Young - Cox - Clarke
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Tucker
HF: Erasmus - Lobb - Sturt
FF: Walters - Tabs - Treacy
Ruc: Darcy - Fyfe - Serong

Bench: Mundy - Shultz - Brodie - Walker

Unlucky: Henry, Hamling, Switta, Johnson, Amiss, Colyer.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
My no old people allowed team;

Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Chapman
Walker Brayshaw Clark
Sturt Treacy Erasmus
Frederick Amiss Switkowski

Darcy Serong Johnson

Tucker Aish Henry Brodie

Future looking good

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freddy is overrated on this board.

I love him too and do not doubt that he will be great on a wing in time. For mine, unless Freddy has a ripper preseason, he starts behind Tucker. Would definitely have Freddy at Peel instead of Tucker.

Whether or not Freddy may find a way into the forward line is a different question. I think it's far more likely Freddy will see more game time up forward this year than on the wing.
Agree
I was surprised to see him best 22 particularly with the inclusion of Clarke into the team .
Im gonna go

Ryan Hamling Cox
Chapman Pearce Young
Clarke Fyfe Aish
Amiss Lobb Treacy
Switta Tabs Schultzy

Brayshaw Darcy Serong

Hesitant on but going with youth :

Wilson , Walters , Mundy 🤩

Holy crap , there is some serious competition for midfield / wing positions now:

Earsmus , Johnson , Crowden, Blakely , Henry , Western ,Brodie , Walker , Freddy , Benning , Odriscoll , Val.en...?t..ino ???

shaking in their boots:
Tucker , Acres , Meek , Colyer , Hughes, Sturt

Last edited:
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
I’ll have a crack…

Ryan - Pearce - Logue
Young - Cox - Chapman
Clark - Fyfe - Aish
Walters - Lobb - Frederick
Sturt - Tabs - Switta

Darcy - Brayshaw - Serong

Mundy - Treacy - Tucker - Erasmus

If Walters is cooked (and I fear he might be) then Schultz comes in

If Fyfe misses the start of the season (probably likely) then I have no idea which of Valente, Johnson, Noddy or Brodie is the better player as I’ve never seen any of them play. I’m hoping it’s Valente.

Tucker is on notice though and I suspect Johnson will take his place by season end

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
The wings are still a big concern and weakness imo. We desperately need a few to stand up and own the position as there are no obvious and safe options on paper. We have a lot of possibilities so let's hope they all or most of, have a big preseason and it becomes more obvious by round 1.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
These are the players I think are locked into our squad

Pearce Ryan Logue
Young Walker _____

Mundy Darcy Fyfe
Brashaw Caleb _____

Walters Schultz Switta
Lobb Treacy Tabbs

That means we have 6 more players to fight for spots.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Joel Western is being forgotten, explosive pace and skillfull.
One to watch to have a breakout season on the wing.

He's quick, but small. Get outmarked if he's next to an opponent.
If he uses his wheels he could make a go of wing. But there are some tall wingers these days, that kid from the Bombers is 200cm isn't he??

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully we can build something from here and not just became a training camp like Gold Coast .

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Aish, Freddy, Clark, Johnson, Henry can all play wing.

If they insist on Clark at half back, Young should be given a go on a wing.

Aish and Henry can but not greatly. Johnson is unknown at the level and will need time, same with Freddy. Clark seems ideal to me but not the club. I agree Young seems ideal but he too will need time.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he uses his wheels he could make a go of wing. But there are some tall wingers these days, that kid from the Bombers is 200cm isn't he??

Agree, he's got a lot of improving to do before he's even considered an option.

Last edited:

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone think that O’Driscoll has the capacity to become a wingman? From memory he has decent break away pace and a penetrating kick, so would be a tough match up. I seem to recall him playing on the wing for Perth in the league team in his draft year.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

Sure Cox is a tall winger but Langdon is not in the tall brigade. All shapes and sizes.
Wingers now need serious wheels and serious tanks . Western has the wheels, can work on his tank.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone think that O’Driscoll has the capacity to become a wingman? From memory he has decent break away pace and a penetrating kick, so would be a tough match up. I seem to recall him playing on the wing for Perth in the league team in his draft year.
Yeah he played wing in his bottom age year for WA as well. He's got good speed and endurance so suits the wing imo (but is good on the inside as well with his handballing). His kicking is meh but if Ed Langdon can become a premiership winger then not all wingers need to be elite kicks. I hope we see him on the wing for Peel instead of half back early in 2022. He suits it much better than Valente who they like to throw on a wing at Peel for some unknown reason?

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure Cox is a tall winger but Langdon is not in the tall brigade. All shapes and sizes.
Wingers now need serious wheels and serious tanks . Western has the wheels, can work on his tank.

It's not a crazy idea, but he and Liam need to really knuckle down and try and take this AFL gig by the balls.
They got to be ruthless, coz they haven't shown enough yet!!

The all round young talent we have on the list now is out of this world. I like to believe that success in drafting (particularly the first round) is affected as much by the player as it is by the development processes you have in place and I genuinely believe we develop young talent as well as anyone going off the last few years. So on that note, I'm going to assume all 4 lads we picked up this year will live up to the hype.

For round 1, my best 22 would be

Ryan Pearce Logue
Clark Cox Young
Aish
Fyfe Tucker
Walters Treacy Sturt
Schultz Tabs Lobb

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Mundy
Frederick Brodie Switta

Peel
Hughes Chapman Kelm
Wilson Hamling Walker
Henry
Valente Colyer
Western Banfield Erasmus
Crowden Amiss Benning

Meek Blakely Johnson

Acres XX XX XX

Bolded Freo players are best 22 locks to me, bolded Peel players have a strong case for being best 22 IMO.

Side note: I'm pretty sure I'm missing someone somewhere or doubled up somewhere and it's annoying me...

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
It's really starting to take shape.

B: Logue - Cox - Ryan
HB: Clarke - Pearce - Walker
C: Young - Brayshaw - Tucker
HF: Fyfe - Treacy - Sturt
FF: Schultz - Tabs - Lobb
Ruc: Darcy - Brodie - Serong

Bench: Mundy- Aish - Fredrick - Chapman - Walters - Wilson - Erasmus - Johnson - Henry - Hamling - Amiss
Like this lineup bench wise walters,Wilson first outs. Will be interesting to see how many game the two play in 2022

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
The all round young talent we have on the list now is out of this world. I like to believe that success in drafting (particularly the first round) is affected as much by the player as it is by the development processes you have in place and I genuinely believe we develop young talent as well as anyone going off the last few years. So on that note, I'm going to assume all 4 lads we picked up this year will live up to the hype.

For round 1, my best 22 would be

Ryan Pearce Logue
Clark Cox Young
Aish
Fyfe Tucker
Walters Treacy Sturt
Schultz Tabs Lobb

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Mundy
Frederick Brodie Switta

Peel
Hughes Chapman Kelm
Wilson Hamling Walker
Henry
Valente Colyer
Western Banfield Erasmus
Crowden Amiss Benning

Meek Blakely Johnson

Acres XX XX XX

Bolded Freo players are best 22 locks to me, bolded Peel players have a strong case for being best 22 IMO.

Side note: I'm pretty sure I'm missing someone somewhere or doubled up somewhere and it's annoying me...
This is what annoys me is that the club will play Clark at back. This will take away the development of other defenders such as Walker and Chapman which is freakin dumb if we aim to play Clark on a wing in the future. We essentially gave up Motlop for Clark so if Clark doesn't eventually move to the centre I will be beyond pissed. Especially since we let go of Watson because we have "too many defenders".

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Hughes.
Aish Fyfe Henry
Erasmus Lobb Sturt
Treacy Tabs Shultz

Darcy Baeshaw Serong

Mundy, Chapman, Amiss, Switta

My round 1.

It will be Henry's 3rd year, time to knuckle down down and own it. I think hes ready as is Young.

Switta into the midfield rotation. Loved the look of him in the middle.
Logue and Hughes playing tight while Young and Ryan Zone off. Cox looking like he took a blue pill lately.

Im sure I've missed a few. It's a hard one to pick.

If Fyfe is injured I would love to see Luke Ryan as captain. I feel he deserves it.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Hughes.
Aish Fyfe Henry
Erasmus Lobb Sturt
Treacy Tabs Shultz

Darcy Baeshaw Serong

Mundy, Chapman, Amiss, Switta

My round 1.

It will be Henry's 3rd year, time to knuckle down down and own it. I think hes ready as is Young.

Switta into the midfield rotation. Loved the look of him in the middle.
Logue and Hughes playing tight while Young and Ryan Zone off. Cox looking like he took a blue pill lately.

Im sure I've missed a few. It's a hard one to pick.

If Fyfe is injured I would love to see Luke Ryan as captain. I feel he deserves it.

sonny will be a bit grumpy

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Projecting what we could be looking like during our biggest premiership window in 2 -3 years time:

Ryan Cox Logue
Young Pearce Chapman
Walker Serong Clark
Sturt Lobb Erasmus
Fyfe Amiss Walters
Darcy, Brayshaw, Brodie
Switkowski, Treacy, Johnson, Henry

I’m sure I’m missing someone but remember this projecting forward 2-3 years so Mundy wasn’t considered. I’m expecting us to perform well enough this year to retain Lobb. 12 months is a very long time. Brodie will become an instant star star next year, fight me if you think I’m wrong. He is quality with a capital Q

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Projecting what we could be looking like during our biggest premiership window in 2 -3 years time:

Ryan Cox Logue
Young Pearce Chapman
Walker Serong Clark
Sturt Lobb Erasmus
Fyfe Amiss Walters
Darcy, Brayshaw, Brodie
Switkowski, Treacy, Johnson, Henry

I’m sure I’m missing someone but remember this projecting forward 2-3 years so Mundy wasn’t considered. I’m expecting us to perform well enough this year to retain Lobb. 12 months is a very long time. Brodie will become an instant star star next year, fight me if you think I’m wrong. He is quality with a capital Q
So Walters is there but no Fyfe or TBone ?
I like Walker on the wing
I’ve got a good feeling about Brodie too .

I reckon you’ve got more chance of any of the following than Sturt being there in 3 years
• Big fish trade
• Johnson or Benning playing forward
• A ready made draft pick
• one of our young crew turning into a half forward ( Freddy , O Driscoll ?? )

Back