Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
It is a long shot to suggest he was involved in any other disappearances but they now have his DNA!!

Speculation of that without any real link could beused by his legal defence as prejudicial against him couldn't it?

This is behind the HS paywall:

1637882287125.png

Not sure if that story has any substance, and as some of you have indicated, hopefully stories/claims like this don't contribute to prejudicial claims by his defence, but some media outlets are now going to generate click-bait speculative pieces ad-nauseum I suspect.

Lynn faced court via video link this morning. Did not apply for bail. Remanded in custody until next appearance in May.

Unlikely to win bail facing murder charges but still. I wonder if his lawyer told him don’t bother to apply or whetherhe outright instructed his lawyer not to apply for bail.

View attachment 1287665

Not sure if that story has any substance, and as some of you have indicated, hopefully stories/claims like this don't contribute to prejudicial claims by his defence, but some media outlets are now going to generate click-bait speculative pieces ad-nauseum I suspect.
This is the new "journalism" and why you should take most news items with a pinch of salt until verified. Even then, often not all the facts are publicised. Narratives are pushed by parts of the media and differing views are frowned upon (or worse).

/rant :$

Lynn faced court via video link this morning. Did not apply for bail. Remanded in custody until next appearance in May.

Unlikely to win bail facing murder charges but still. I wonder if his lawyer told him don’t bother to apply or whetherhe outright instructed his lawyer not to apply for bail.
Do they enter a plea at this stage?

View attachment 1287665

Article suggests she died of suicide via alcohol and pills.

So he did tell them where and apparently they are buried.

Daily Fail article;
"
Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

But even with detailed information on a burial site, police have said it will take days to prepare for the dig in what is some of the most rugged terrain on the planet.

It is understood detectives only received the information on the likely location on Thursday morning, with police making a preliminary scout of the rugged terrain. "

Daily Fail article;
"
Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

But even with detailed information on a burial site, police have said it will take days to prepare for the dig in what is some of the most rugged terrain on the planet.

It is understood detectives only received the information on the likely location on Thursday morning, with police making a preliminary scout of the rugged terrain. "

He probably emailed a mate asking him to move the bodies and accidentally copied the detectives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daily Fail article;
"

Couldn't be too far off a track, he is not the biggest bloke and it would take considerable effort to move the bodies. But with a likely location shouldn't be too long before remains are found at least which gives closure to the families.

It sounds like there has been a full admission which spares the family a pain of being dragged through a trial.

Couldn't be too far off a track, he is not the biggest bloke and it would take considerable effort to move the bodies. But with a likely location shouldn't be too long before remains are found at least which gives closure to the families.

It sounds like there has been a full admission which spares the family a pain of being dragged through a trial.
You would have to think they are in pretty shallow graves, tough terrain to dig, though he might have had time if he had the bodies in trailer for a while and a totally different location?

You would have to think they are in pretty shallow graves, tough terrain to dig, though he might have had time if he had the bodies in trailer for a while and a totally different location?
Given he was spotted speeding off around midnight, he probably would have had a good few hours in the dark if he needed it, and he’d be conscious of animals digging them up.

My guess is not far off the road, but probably along an obscure track so no one would disturb him digging, and probably at least say a foot of soil or more.

Given he was spotted speeding off around midnight, he probably would have had a good few hours in the dark if he needed it, and he’d be conscious of animals digging them up.

My guess is not far off the road, but probably along an obscure track so no one would disturb him digging, and probably at least say a foot of soil or more.

Have had to bury various stock animals over the years, early days when I was still a recent regional arrival from the city, I tried a few in shallow graves (a foot or less) only to find foxes dug them up repeatedly. Learned the hard way to ensure several feet as a minimum. Given this guy's bush experience, I suspect he'd be aware of that too - I'm guessing the soil in those parts would be moist if shaded, although might dry out a bit over summer into March, but I think you're right, if you're burying bodies for concealment, the deeper the better. Given some of his other decisions though, what frame of mind was he in at the time - calm enough to take his time with a burial, or frantic to bury them and get out of there?

Have had to bury various stock animals over the years, early days when I was still a recent regional arrival from the city, I tried a few in shallow graves (a foot or less) only to find foxes dug them up repeatedly. Learned the hard way to ensure several feet as a minimum. Given this guy's bush experience, I suspect he'd be aware of that too - I'm guessing the soil in those parts would be moist if shaded, although might dry out a bit over summer into March, but I think you're right, if you're burying bodies for concealment, the deeper the better. Given some of his other decisions though, what frame of mind was he in at the time - calm enough to take his time with a burial, or frantic to bury them and get out of there?
I’m just impressed he didn’t leave them in the trailer at this point.

Really heavy shale (in the hills) and cobble (in the valleys) all throughoht that area, digging a substantial hole with any depth would be extremely difficult.
Almost no black soil up there, unless youre on the peaty plains.
Source: I poop a lot in the bush🤣

Back