Past #42: Tom Lynch - officially retires from the AFL as a player

1637549955764.png

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1638832123564.png

Even goldy likes the Lynch appointment! Taken from the interview 6/12/2021.
He was obviously there this week at this week, he/club must have put his ideas of being a player/coach on hold considering we've taken on Hore as a play on this offseason. Keen to see what he can do with our forward line and young kids.

So that last spot may still be open.

“Just asked Lynchy, he said he may play some VFL not AFL”
Credit to him on being flexible and not being too upset if he doesn't get onto an AFL list. Allows us to look at Hore and a few KPD options, mentioned in the VFL thread I think, down the line.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So we leave this open for the MSD?

Seems a little bit of an unnecessary situation considering we could have had the #1 pick in the rookie draft. The recruiting department might not have seen any value there, but with the likes of Dean and Long taken, I think that's a bit of a mistake.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He'd be a fantastic support at VFL level particularly for our developing forwards and wingman. He was always a very very smart footballer.

I'm tipping we are going to try target a KPD prior to the start of the season.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Seems a little bit of an unnecessary situation considering we could have had the #1 pick in the rookie draft. The recruiting department might not have seen any value there, but with the likes of Dean and Long taken, I think that's a bit of a mistake.
Need that kpd depth I reckon

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

Or Dean and Long aren't that flash.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or Dean and Long aren't that flash.
I don't see how Long fits in list management wise after we took Goater. I thought that the prototype monster midfielder was something we could invest in and we got that with added versatility in The Goat. Makes sense for Hawthorn as their young midfield prospects are so thin.

Back