Player Watch Arlo Draper (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rolled ankle can absolutely be 6 weeks. If you roll it and damage ligaments it’s easily 6. Speaking from experience i rolled my ankle badly and doctor said I would have been back quicker if I had broken it

well then murley should be fine then. I was speculating that it might be a rolled ankle.... the only references were to an ankle injury. draper had syndesmosis. He was listed by twomey in june as his number 10 pick but that had dropped to mid 20s by the draft....and we got him for a lot lower than that.

Now that might be because he didnt play in the last half of the year, or because he got syndesmosis. Pie fans can guess which one.

Yeah when a Player Slides you always wondering/thinking/asking Why but hopefully he does workout that he proves that he was a Steal
Yes, when Rantall slid, we thought we had a steal…as it turned out, the other recruiters where probably right (although 2 years of Covid & lack of opportunity didn’t help).

well then murley should be fine then. I was speculating that it might be a rolled ankle.... the only references were to an ankle injury. draper had syndesmosis. He was listed by twomey in june as his number 10 pick but that had dropped to mid 20s by the draft....and we got him for a lot lower than that.

Now that might be because he didnt play in the last half of the year, or because he got syndesmosis. Pie fans can guess which one.
His injury is 100% why he slid, I agree syndesmosis is a concerning injury. Time will tell I guess. We only have up a late pick so it’s a gamble.

Welcome to Collingwood Arlo.

Don’t know much about him but seems a good size and most people had him going much earlier than what we got him for.

Love the video of him singing the Collingwood song as a toddler and his families reaction once he was drafted.

Go well young lad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could he need to Build his Endurance to help improve that 20% of his Game or is it something else needs to be Worked on?
Endurance is something he can work on, but it’s definitely more a work rate thing. If you’re not going to win the ball you still need to be accountable. So it’s an accountability aspect. If they can get that firing in him then awesome, he’s a great player. But that’s why he slipped so far.

Yes, when Rantall slid, we thought we had a steal…as it turned out, the other recruiters where probably right (although 2 years of Covid & lack of opportunity didn’t help).

We will just have to wait and see.

I can see why some people would think he is a Steal but Guess some others don't

Endurance is something he can work on, but it’s definitely more a work rate thing. If you’re not going to win the ball you still need to be accountable. So it’s an accountability aspect. If they can get that firing in him then awesome, he’s a great player. But that’s why he slipped so far.

Yeah does make some sense now why Teams where not Willing to use a 1st or 2nd Rounder on him.

Craig Macrare would try and drumb Effort and Tackling into him like he said for our other Kids

Wright seems to have brought from Hawthorn his strategy of picking up talented players with injury issues for cheap. Think OMeara, Scully, Patton etc

It’s a high risk, high reward strategy IMO, which I don’t mind given the draft hand that we had.

Here’s Hoping we get more hits than misses.

What's an RMC stream?
We did a live stream through Rookie Me Central Facebook page. A few minutes before the picks I'd said on air "Gee I'd love the Pies to get Draper and Murley with their picks". Then when one after the other, it was pretty hard to hide the excitement. By contrary, eDPS was flat as a tack haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did a live stream through Rookie Me Central Facebook page. A few minutes before the picks I'd said on air "Gee I'd love the Pies to get Draper and Murley with their picks". Then when one after the other, it was pretty hard to hide the excitement. By contrary, eDPS was flat as a tack haha.

I will watch that for sure later

Welcome Arlo! Impressive interview on the Fox Footy coverage, definitely excited to see what he can produce in black and white next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back