List Mgmt. Welcome pick 31 - Brady Hough

Remove this Banner Ad

We will be judged to have reached on this pick tonight - but if it comes off it will be seen in future as a steal because his potential is quite staggering.

Tall with impressive results in combine testing. Reads play, makes good decisions and is very damaging with possession.

Non-traditional pathway has kept him hidden, upon exposure to higher levels his development has rocketed.

If he can maintain that recent development trajectory when introduced to an AFL club environment and add some bulk to that current 74kg frame, then we shall have a heck of a player on our list and my concerns about the midfielders that we didn't draft this year will be long gone.

Welcome to the Eagles Brady, only the third player to be selected by West Coast at pick 31 after Karpany and Foley.

About as high risk, high reward as they come - here's hoping that he makes the best of it in a career for blue and gold.

I’m getting some young Nat Fyfe vibes (in a good way; hopefully excluding the narcissism) from Hough. Almost 190cm but currently pretty wiry at 74kg.

Looks to have a good pair of hands up forward with some potential to eventually go into the midfield. Can certainly stick a tackle.

Actually thought he was pretty good watching him live at that first WA vs SA U19 game at Lathlain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing every comparison under the sun with him, but to me he actually DOES move a bit and remind me of Yeo.

Albeit a smaller bodied version, however he's not too dissimilar from Yeo's highlights pre draft. Defender Yeo was a lot like this bloke.

Bit light, and looks like he could be pushed off the ball as he's up on his toes a lot, but his zip looks bloody good IMO.

Not sure mate, don't recognise the names. I went to primary school with one of his brothers but don't know Brady personally. He would have been about 5 last time I saw him.

The Hough's I've named are from Mandurah, Falcon more specifically. Paul was a bit of a battering ram for South Mandurah Falcons and I think his sister ended up playing too. Good family, so was wondering if there was a connection when we plucked Brady from Peel.

Not sure mate, don't recognise the names. I went to primary school with one of his brothers but don't know Brady personally. He would have been about 5 last time I saw him.

What was his game like back when he was 5? Good pace, nice kick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back