List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

we've certainly focused on elite ball users which has become more in demand with the stand rule , we had zip precision ball users coming thru. a good balance, reckon Gibbo browny and sonz could play some senior footy in '22. banksy and juddy will need to add some weight

Add in high top speed to that and you see where the club reckons the game is headed - or at least Richmond is going. Run and gun style of play.

def a bit of strat put into the picks , selecting 5 inside mids would be the most pin headed way we could of gone

Agree. We've been selecting inside mids for a few drafts now. We have now gone deep in the speed and kicking skills well.

If RCD can get his repeat effort ability up then he is a genuine AFL inside mid, with the potential to be a good outside player - in 2022. Ross can be very good, and needs to even out his level of play. Dow I like, and could be really good inside. Just those 3 are pretty much ready to make an impact from 2022 on as inside mids. So I'm comfortable that we should be able to compete inside, with our first line being Cotch, Prestia, Graham. We'll see, but we have enough players and enough inside equality on our list already.

Outside we can upgrade, and that's where we have gone. (+ Gibcus as an A grade KP and Clarke to add out small forward set up.)

Look at the list and where we are going, not the individual picks. Especially for next year - look 4 years ahead.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree. We've been selecting inside mids for a few drafts now. We have now gone deep in the speed and kicking skills well.

If RCD can get his repeat effort ability up then he is a genuine AFL inside mid, with the potential to be a good outside player - in 2022. Ross can be very good, and needs to even out his level of play. Dow I like, and could be really good inside. Just those 3 are pretty much ready to make an impact from 2022 on as inside mids. So I'm comfortable that we should be able to compete inside, with our first line being Cotch, Prestia, Graham. We'll see, but we have enough players and enough inside equality on our list already.

Outside we can upgrade, and that's where we have gone. (+ Gibcus as an A grade KP and Clarke to add out small forward set up.)

Look at the list and where we are going, not the individual picks. Especially for next year - look 4 years ahead.
Pace , precision and intercept is what stands out to me . Stand rule and longer kick outs has made our scrappers somewhat redundant. We ve infused the list with a tweak to our game plan in mind

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Pace , precision and intercept is what stands out to me . Stand rule and longer kick outs has made our scrappers somewhat redundant. We ve infused the list with a tweak to our game plan in mind

Yep the likes of Aarts, Castagna, Ross and McIntosh days are numbered. Unfortunately they don't have the kicking skills to play the new game style

I think some have had questions on the types of players we got. This list is desperately crying out for inside contested bulls who can be game changers and help stem the bleeding from the clearances. We did not get one of those with any of our 5 top picks. We will be dominated in the midfield again next year. Key forward issue too but looks like this draft didn't have the answers there.

I would've gone Roberts or someone else over Banks to balance the draft. Or bypass Brown at 17 if they wanted Banks and choose one of the top midfield talent left. But fingers crossed.

Think it’s becoming clearer than there wasn’t really any quality inside ball winning mids other than maybe Hobbs. Certainly not any inside mids (and personally I’m including Hobbs here) that can be expected to a) compete against fully grown and experienced men within a contest and b) do so well enough to a point that it will drastically improve the clearance game.

Fair enough on Roberts, but in my honest opinion, he isn’t on par with Will Martyn, certainly not in year one.

There’s no point in taking a player purely for the position he plays if it’s unlikely he ever reaches the ceiling of a mediocre AFL player.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Garrett McDonagh taken by Essendon!!!!! I swear to god they're like a deranged obsessed bunny boiling ex girlfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if they rummage through our bins after training to steal Dusty's discarded strapping tape!!!! There's laws against stalking!!!
It’s weird - Durham in the mid season draft and now McDonagh
No doubt Dodoro or one of his sidekicks will spend plenty of time watching our VFL side next year

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Garrett McDonagh taken by Essendon!!!!! I swear to god they're like a deranged obsessed bunny boiling ex girlfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if they rummage through our bins after training to steal Dusty's discarded strapping tape!!!! There's laws against stalking!!!
best of luck to the young bloke , i couldn't see him playing senior footy

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
1637960919932.png

1637960950709.png

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldnt mind offering up our pick #28 (31) along with our F2 to either Freo or North to grab Johnson/Sonsie if we rate them as highly as we do here

We could then select a 4th player with #26 and be trade our #27 for a future pick to a club like Carlton
Would be pissed if lose banks / brown to Tassie / cats
Jack is already trying to get him to tassie after they get the license and start in 5 years

1st Tassie captain

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep the likes of Aarts, Castagna, Ross and McIntosh days are numbered. Unfortunately they don't have the kicking skills to play the new game style

I reckon KMAC plays every week until he is 67 . Love the big man and what he brings . Him and Pickett on a wing , love it .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Back