Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s been in court (at least) twice in 2021 already.

Admittedly one of those cases was dropped when the prosecution witness failed to show up to court.

The other case he plead guilty and copped a hefty fine for a raft of driving offences.
And one of those cases that were dropped was from when he was 18. Just because the wheels of justice turn slowly at times doesn’t mean that it is an example of recent behaviour

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you trying to say he has been the victim of two unproven allegations? Mentioning a groping allegation that was dropped within hours only exhibits your bias.

But you did very wrongly bring up rape. You need to own that.
Exactly he could of been guilty both times he was accused of touching a women outside of her clothing. While that is unlikely it’s possible. But to try and work rape into it is laughable.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
May as well tell people getting in a fight equates to being accused of murder/man slaughter. It’s embarrassing that you try and defend this. Even if he did touch someone outside of their clothing equating that to rape is ridiculous.

I think it's equally embarrassing how you run to white knight him. May I ask, if he is found guilty of the assault charges next month, what will your view be?

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it was a poor move from Fly and the club to stand someone down due to media pressure without the facts and could be costly breaking trust of the whole group.

The facts are that he was in a bar room fight. Let’s not get confused about who has broken trust here.

Besides...standing him down is purely ceremonial. It’s the off-season. And he’s still on full pay.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
One thing I'd like to add - I listened to Swanny's podcast with Eddie a couple of weeks ago. Even Swanny said that JDG really needs to start surrounding himself with friends who really act like friends and are able to tell him no, or to not get caught up in stuff that might have a negative impact on his career.

He would no doubt be speaking from experience.
It wouldn’t be so crazy to get Swanny to give him a talking to.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Imagine the hill you want to die on being splitting hairs on the legal terminology of sex crime allegations.
It isn’t splitting hairs even if he was guilty on both occasions allegation of touching someone’s intimate parts outside of their clothing is completely different and far less serious than allegations of unwanted sexual penetration. Any adult should be able to understand this

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The facts are that he was in a bar room fight. Let’s not get confused about who has broken trust here.

Besides...standing him down is purely ceremonial. It’s the off-season. And he’s still on full pay.
Look while I agree with the second part none of us know how avoidable or otherwise the situation was. The criticism is valid. McRae talks about their primary concern being for his well being yet they don’t even wait to get into contact with him before standing him down

Daicos2Daicos

Cancelled
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look while I agree with the second part none of us know how avoidable or otherwise the situation was. The criticism is valid. McRae talks about their primary concern being for his well being yet they don’t even wait to get into contact with him before standing him down

standing him down so quick was public relations 101 I’d say.

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
standing him down so quick was public relations 101 I’d say.
Agree. Due to his previous miscreant behaviour and ‘forcible touching’ charge in particular. Was also still on full pay, on his time off and overseas so it was a bit of a slap with a feather anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back