122. Richard Parker
123. Barunga Bullet
124. Tiger Of Old
125. richoatthedisco
126. Wacky Tiger

Last edited:

Pick 57
Pick 57-Micheal Perry .

Recruited by Richmond in 1965, he eventually became a fixture at centre-half-back, and fans got used to seeing his mop of red hair flying above the pack, as well as being delighted by his tenacious clearing dashes. He was tall, strongly built, and had wonderful judgement. His ball sense was quite remarkable, and he always made rather hard tasks seem much simpler than they were.

In Perry's second senior match, against St Kilda on 1 May 1965, his jaw was broken,[4] and did not play another senior match that season.

By 1967 he was a fixture in the Richmond side at centre half-back. He was centre half-back in Richmond's first premiership team since 1944, when Richmond beat Geelong 16.18 (114) to 15.15 (105).

He was centre half-back for the Victorian State team that defeated Western Australia, 20.15 (135) to 11.16 (82), on the MCG on 17 June 1967.[5][6]

He played the entire 1968 and 1969 seasons for Richmond's senior side, missing Richmond's 1969 Grand Final winning team because of a four-game suspension for striking Footscray's Tad Joniec in the last home-and-away match of the 1969 season.[7]

After 1969[edit]
Although he was unable to play any more senior grade VFL due to an injury, he continued to play satisfactorily at a lower level for a number of years:

• 1970: Richmond Reserves.
  • 1971: Richmond Reserves, including the 1971 Reserves Premiership (thus, from 1965 to the end of 1971, Mike had played 1 Victorian Representative game, 53 senior games, and 45 reserve games).
Barunga Bullet your turn

Round 1
1. Wacky Tiger - Dustin Martin
2. richoatthedisco - Royce Hart
3. Tiger_Of_Old - Kevin Bartlett
4. Barunga Bullet - Matthew Richardson
5. richard parker - Trent Cotchin
6. peterbuch74 - Dale Weightman
7. _RT_ - Jack Dyer
8. Phar Ace - Jack Titus
9. tiger_tough - Jack Riewoldt

Round 2

10. tiger_tough - Alex Rance
11. Phar Ace - Maurice Rioli
12. _RT_ - Francis Bourke
13. peterbuch74 - Michael Roach
14. richard parker - Shane Edwards
15. Barunga Bullet - Ian Stewart
16. Tiger_Of_Old - Nathan Brown
17. richoatthedisco - Bill Barrot
18. Wacky Tiger - Dylan Grimes

Round 3
19. Wacky Tiger - Roy Wright
20. Richo At The Disco - Vic Thorp
21. Tiger Of Old - Matthew Knights
22. Barunga Bullet - Dick Clay
23. Richard Parker - Wayne Campbell
24. Peter Buch 74 - Darren Gaspar
25. RT - Dick Harris
26. Phar Ace - Michael Green
27. Tiger Tough - Geoff Raines

Round 4
28. Tiger Tough - Kevin Sheedy
29. Phar Ace - Roger Dean
30. RT - Ron Branton
31. Peter Buch 74 - Nick Vlastuin
32. Richard Parker - Brett Deledio
33. Barunga Bullet - Jim Jess
34. Tiger Of Old - Mark Lee
35. Richo At The Disco - Bryan Wood
36. Wacky Tiger - Neil Balme

Round 5
37. Wacky Tiger - Barry Richardson
38. Richo At The Disco - Robert Wiley
39. Tiger Of Old - Noah Balta
40. Barunga Bullet - Joel Bowden
41. Richard Parker - Jeff Hogg
42. Peter Buch 74 - Chris Newman
43. RT - Mervyn Keane
44. Phar Ace - Fred Swift
45. Tiger Tough - David Cloke

Round 6
46. Tiger Tough - Barry Rowlings
47. Phar Ace - Tony Free
48. RT - Bill Morris
49. Peter Buch 74 - Brendon Gale
50. Richard Parker - Scott Turner
51. Barunga Bullet - Tom Lynch
52. Tiger Of Old - Paul Broderick
53. Richo At The Disco - Bachar Houli
54. Wacky Tiger - Gordon Strang

Round 7
55. Wacky Tiger - Doug Strang
56. Richo At The Disco - Dion Prestia
57. Tiger Of Old
58. Barunga Bullet
59. Richard Parker
60. Peter Buch 74
61. RT
62. Phar Ace
63. Tiger Tough

Round 8
64. Tiger Tough
65. Phar Ace
66. RT
67. Peter Buch 74
68. Richard Parker
69. Barunga Bullet
70. Tiger Of Old
71. Richo At The Disco
72. Wacky Tiger

Round 9
73. Wacky Tiger
74. Richo At The Disco
75. Tiger Of Old
76. Barunga Bullet
77. Richard Parker
78. Peter Buch 74
79. RT
80. Phar Ace
81. Tiger Tough

Round 10
82. Tiger Tough
83. Phar Ace
84. RT
85. Peter Buch 74
86. Richard Parker
87. Barunga Bullet
88. Tiger Of Old
89. Richo At The Disco
90. Wacky Tiger

Round 11
91. Wacky Tiger
92. Richo At The Disco
93. Tiger Of Old
94. Barunga Bullet
95. Richard Parker
96. Peter Buch 74
97. RT
98. Phar Ace
99. Tiger Tough

Round 12
100. Tiger Tough
101. Phar Ace
102. RT
103. Peter Buch 74
104. Richard Parker
105. Barunga Bullet
106. Tiger Of Old
107. Richo At The Disco
108. Wacky Tiger

Round 13
109. Wacky Tiger
110. Richo At The Disco
111. Tiger Of Old
112. Barunga Bullet
113. Richard Parker
114. Peter Buch 74
115. RT
116. Phar Ace
117. Tiger Tough

Round 14
118. Tiger Tough
119. Phar Ace
120. RT
121. Peter Buch 74
122. Richard Parker
123. Barunga Bullet
124. Tiger Of Old
125. Richo At The Disco
126. Wacky Tiger
Point of order: richoatthedisco is all one word, all lower-case.

Carry on.

Pick 58
Pick 58- Mick Malthouse

Games- 121
goals - 10

Mick Malthouse was a tough, resolute defender who might be said to have made the most of his abilities in a 174 game league career with two clubs. St Kilda recruited him from North Ballarat but he never really ignited in 53 VFL games between 1972 and 1976, and ended up moving to Richmond. With the Tigers he really came into his own, stamping himself as a top quality backman in 121 VFL games between 1976 and 1983, including the triumphant 1980 grand final when the Tigers demolished Collingwood.

As a coach, however, Mick Malthouse achieved even greater notoriety, including masterminding AFL premierships at West Coast in 1992 and 1994, and Collingwood in 2010. By contrast, his three season (2013-15) stint in charge of Carlton was frankly inglorious, but there is little doubt that overall he will be remembered and celebrated as one of the truly great figures in the history of the game.

Barunga Bullets Team
B: Malthouse xx xx
HB: bowden Jess xx
C: Clay Stewart xx
HF: xx Richardson xx
F: xx Lynch xx
FOL: xx xx xx
IC: xx xx xx xx

richard parker you're up

Attachments

• 1638999251179.png
    1638999251179.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Pick 58- Mick Malthouse

Barunga Bullets Team
B: xx Malthouse xx
HB: bowden Jess xx
C: Clay Stewart xx
HF: xx Richardson xx
F: xx Lynch xx
FOL: xx xx xx

Spine is now complete.

richard parker you're up
Micky M was a fine small back pocket, but no KPP.

Pick 57-Micheal Perry .

Recruited by Richmond in 1965, he eventually became a fixture at centre-half-back, and fans got used to seeing his mop of red hair flying above the pack, as well as being delighted by his tenacious clearing dashes. He was tall, strongly built, and had wonderful judgement. His ball sense was quite remarkable, and he always made rather hard tasks seem much simpler than they were.

In Perry's second senior match, against St Kilda on 1 May 1965, his jaw was broken,[4] and did not play another senior match that season.

By 1967 he was a fixture in the Richmond side at centre half-back. He was centre half-back in Richmond's first premiership team since 1944, when Richmond beat Geelong 16.18 (114) to 15.15 (105).

He was centre half-back for the Victorian State team that defeated Western Australia, 20.15 (135) to 11.16 (82), on the MCG on 17 June 1967.[5][6]

He played the entire 1968 and 1969 seasons for Richmond's senior side, missing Richmond's 1969 Grand Final winning team because of a four-game suspension for striking Footscray's Tad Joniec in the last home-and-away match of the 1969 season.[7]

After 1969[edit]
Although he was unable to play any more senior grade VFL due to an injury, he continued to play satisfactorily at a lower level for a number of years:

• 1970: Richmond Reserves.
  • 1971: Richmond Reserves, including the 1971 Reserves Premiership (thus, from 1965 to the end of 1971, Mike had played 1 Victorian Representative game, 53 senior games, and 45 reserve games).
Barunga Bullet your turn

And a ripping bloke I found - really good bloke to have a chat with! Has a wicked sense of humour:

Whilst at Richmond, Mike worked for an advertising agency.[8]

His most memorable piece of work being the famous slogan he devised to sell Captain Morgan Rum: "Captain Morgan is good for your organ"!

Pick 59
Pick 59 - Toby Nankervis

Adds real grunt to my team. Tackling machine and he tackles to hurt. Gets enough hit outs but it’s his ground ball work and clearance numbers that make him elite in his role. Will need support but it’s like adding a bonus midfielder. Has been a game changer at the tigers. Super important player in our recent success. Three flags.

oh and this
1637835006937.jpeg

peterbuch74 is up

Last edited:
Pick 60
PICK 60 - Ivan Maric

Just missing my next target by one pick, I've had to resort to my next best option... welcome down to PBs team, the war horse, the enforcer, the one and only mullet man, the big Ivvy!

1*sK_mKbwOwUhnHdQQYZdO9w.jpeg

PB74's team
B: xxxxxxxxx D.Gaspar N.Vlastuin
HB: C.Newman xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
C: xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
HF: xxxxxxxxx B.Gale xxxxxxxx
F: xxxxxxxxx M.Roach xxxxxxxx
FOL: I.Maric xxxxxxxx D.Weightman

_RT_ you're up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Flounder or Bumper Banik. I can’t recall which one went one. I think it was the latter of the two???😂

Both were I think, but just one fits Tiger Of Old's criteria for players starting with "B" - he loves em!

To all Tigers reading this thread if you're not aware of this website on all Our beloved club's history, then get into it. It was set up by Rhett Bartlett and Trevor Ruddell and is right up to date and is regularly updated by them. I've found a couple of minor things missing in our 19-20 premiership sides and emailed Rhett to make the changes. Absolute testament and credit goes out to those two great men for constructing a website with all the wonderful history on our great club.

Not sure what constitutes a reasonable time anymore - _RT_ was on last night at around 8pm (not sure if that is funny Southern State time or real Eastern Standard Time) and I think the last Pick was done about an hour later. It's probably rude to consider 9pm to following 6am as suitable time, even though some are happy to use that time. Let's say that is coming on to 8 hours - should I jump in with a Pick Selection? Any comments or better GIfs than Jak offered up? :D

Last edited:
Not sure what constitutes a reasonable time - _RT_ was on last night at around 8pm (not sure if that is funny Southern State time or real Eastern Standard Time) and I think the last Pick was done about an hour later. It's probably rude to consider 9pm to following 6am as suitable time, even thought are happy to use that time. Let's say that is coming on to 8 hours - should I jump in with a Pick? Any comments?

Nose Pick GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

That looks remarkably like the bloke sitting in the waiting area as i got my hair cut (no2) - he looked like he was on a real winner too! Glad I sat in the chair before him frankly........

Not sure what constitutes a reasonable time anymore - _RT_ was on last night at around 8pm (not sure if that is funny Southern State time or real Eastern Standard Time) and I think the last Pick was done about an hour later. It's probably rude to consider 9pm to following 6am as suitable time, even though some are happy to use that time. Let's say that is coming on to 8 hours - should I jump in with a Pick Selection? Any comments or better GIfs than Jak offered up? :D
take your pick

Pick 61
With pick 61 I'm taking Brad Ottens. In his 129 games for the Tigers he kicked 159 goals and was an All Australian in 2001 when we made the preliminary final. Seen my many as a traitor for leaving us to go to Geelong, there is no doubt that he performed at a very high level when he played for us hence Geelong going after him.

Pick 62
Thanks _RT_ - just in after a long day fitting!

Unlike you not to take my intended next pick for a change..........

Pick62 - Dave Astbury

I wanted a KPD - so who is there who has played in at least three premierships? Dave, after three Premierships has to be in the mix. Was going to try sneak G.Strang to to get a 4 premiership player, but you blokes are smart and would have realised the "G" was both Gordon and Geoff. Geez those Strangs knew how to breed!

Astbury's AFL debut came in round 4, in a 55-point loss to Melbourne. In that match he played as a forward, recording seven disposals, three tackles and an equal-team-high three goals. It wasn't obvious at that stage Dave would become the pivotal in a multi premiership-winning backline! Hips and knees were not Dave's favourite joints, and took a long time for him to get his body as right as AFL will allow. 2017 saw this happen and Dave became one the leagues most underrated Defender, often taking one key forward like Hawkins or West Coast Kennedy and blanketing them. The next few season Dave managed 20-22 games each season, and become an intercept marking beast. It's no coincidence that the Tigers's started winning premierships and his work on the best forward let the likes of Rance, Grimes and Vlaustin create havoc by playing more fluid attacking roles off the backline.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick labelled Astbury an "all-time great" of the Tigers and an "incredible human".

"The legacy that this man will leave is up there with the very best players at our footy club," Hardwick said. "The man missed two years and has had 14 operations. "Most people would have just given up. But not Dave Astbury."

B: xxxxxxx F.Swift xxxxxxx
HB: xxxxxxx D Astbury xxxxxxx
C: xxxxxxx M Rioli Snr xxxx
HF: xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
F: xxxxxxx J.Titus xxxxxxx
FOL: M.Green T.Free R.Dean

Sorry to keep you waiting tiger_tough!

Last edited:
Team so far -
B:..XX....A.Rance.....XX
HB:XX.......XX.........XX