List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
So Dittmar, Strnadica, Fejo JNR, all go undrafted.

2 drafts go by, and all we've managed to add to address our huge midfield deficiency's (not potential mid, actual mid) is Greg Clark at pick 62.

Daaaamn Daniel Rohan. You've outdone yourself as far as midfield disrespect goes this year.

2 drafts go by, and all we've managed to add to address our huge midfield deficiency's (not potential mid, actual mid) is Greg Clark at pick 62.

Daaaamn Daniel Rohan.

Don't we still have list spots though? So we can always add people at the supplemental draft

There is also the pending issue of Sheppard and his future which could open another list spot

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Woohoo cash considerations!

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Updated prior to Rookie and Cat B additions

View attachment 1287759

Make your mind up on what we need. I usually highlight the fact that we don't have a starting midfielder that will be under 27 come season end but what would I know, I obviously have hidden our midfielder in my flank and utility category.

With multiple Edwards and Williams and a Jones, the list is starting to look like the Welsh Rugby team. All we need an Evans

2 drafts go by, and all we've managed to add.

to address our huge midfield deficiency's (not potential mid, actual mid) is Greg Clark at pick 62.

Daaaamn Daniel Rohan. You've outdone yourself as far as midfield disrespect goes this year.

So all three can train with us for the last spot on the list?

What a joke. I mean what's the advantage of keeping your options open and asking players of interest to train with us.:think:;)

You are really coming across as a total negative Nancy over this entire episode.

To the point that you are making things up in your head that aren't really that important.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Passing was fine by me. We have yet to get clarification by the club on the Cameron position (but assume it is finalised and he is of the list), the issue with Sheppard and concussion is uncertain but not looking good and hence we have questions as to what is out there.

I would be happy for us to list a couple of Cat B lads in Lawson, Regan or Farmer but not fully aware of the soft cap issues so WTF knows.

Use the next 2 months to find a train on options. Bring in a young ruck (some suggesting Strnadica), bring in a couple of young inside mids that missed out (Ditmar or Brown) or bring in a left field option.

Apart from Brown or Dittmar, there are not that many hat scream out pick me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back