Rookie 41. Dom Akuei

Remove this Banner Ad

CARLTON has welcomed Domanic Akuei as a Category B rookie for the 2022 season.

The versatile Northern Knights utility arrives at IKON Park as the Club’s first recruit from the Carlton Academy.

Tied to the Blues through the Next Generation Academy provisions, Akuei is of Sudanese heritage and moved to Australia at a young age.

A defender first and foremost, Akuei is also capable of pinch-hitting in the ruck, using his vertical leap to his advantage.

1637900401985.png

1637900501518.png

Last edited:

Welcome Dom! Looking forward to seeing him out on the track :)
For those in the know, how raw is he - could we expect any games in seniors next year or does he stay in the 2s to work on his defensive craft?

Has 2s written all over him for next year. Reckon by 2023 we could see Dom staking a claim in the seniors

Welcome Dom! Looking forward to seeing him out on the track :)
For those in the know, how raw is he - could we expect any games in seniors next year or does he stay in the 2s to work on his defensive craft?
As raw as they come but I’m glad we’re giving him a chance. Definitely staying in the twos for a couple of years.

Also, I can't believe we actually found someone from our zone!!!

I think our NGA zone is about one and half streets in Whittelsea, but excludes any odd-numbered properties, all brick veneer houses, strata-titled dwellings and players whose surnames don't rhyme with Louie....

I think our NGA zone is about one and half streets in Whittelsea, but excludes any odd-numbered properties, all brick veneer houses, strata-titled dwellings and players whose surnames don't rhyme with Louie....

And only from 'non traditional football backgrounds'.

They dont play AFL in Greece and Italy do they!

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not far off the mark.
Good to see we finally get an academy player.

Welcome Dom.

Hopefully, you will be given plenty of time to develop as a defender and get a game when you are ready
Going by the vision needs a couple of years development minimum. But that's what these cat B things are for. Looks a good mark.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Certainly come athletic ability to work with and some nice skills displayed in the highlights. Some are saying he might be raw, that is ok, if you can run and jump and mark like that then being raw isn't a big deal.

Hope he is developed as a CHB and third tall type. I can see him playing his early games in the back pocket if he gets his intercepting game going. A tall who is quick and agile enough to play on smalls but has the leap to play on a resting ruckman is something Carlton hasn't had in many years so that is probably going to be his way into the senior team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back