Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that go against the WA government's mandate though? That would still over arch it
My thoughts too.
Of course.

However hadn’t stopped Talison in Greenbushes. Mandate is not enforced down there last I heard (2 weeks back to be fair)

Risking the fine to keep the work flowing.

Interesting

Some companies would, almost correctly, think themselves too big to fail in that regard. Would be an interesting standoff.
Agreed HB.

Very interesting to hear what's going on about the place with this mandate.

December will be an interesting month.

It's most likely to do with the fact that if you don't get the jab you will lose your job, income, some freedoms.
As a result you will probably lose your house, car and then maybe family and somewhere in the mental health and possibly in some situations your life through suicide.

But yeah, hesitancy is at an all time low thanks to people CHOOSING the jab👌
Where's yesterday's positivity gone mate?
Sorry but I have no sympathy whatsover for anti-vaxxers.

I think everyone who can should get vaxxed because there's mountains of evidence to show that it massively reduces your chance of getting badly sick.

The logic I can't follow is the same people saying "you should get vaxxed to be selfless, show compassion for your fellow humans"

but in the next breath

"if you have a different point of view to me I have no sympathy for you"

Sorry, can't resist some off topic fun this morning. Crazy what *footballers* in other codes will do for a free kick these days, the opposite player is no-where near him lol. This would be what, a fine or suspension in AFL?

High paid European footballers love their 👃 🍻

I think everyone who can should get vaxxed because there's mountains of evidence to show that it massively reduces your chance of getting badly sick.

The logic I can't follow is the same people saying "you should get vaxxed to be selfless, show compassion for your fellow humans"

but in the next breath

"You should follow the road rules about drink driving, show compassion for your fellow humans"
"If you think drink driving is acceptable I have no sympathy for you"

The two statements are perfectly consistent if you adopt 'social contract' type views on government regulation of human behaviour.

"You should follow the road rules about drink driving, show compassion for your fellow humans"
"If you think drink driving is acceptable I have no sympathy for you"

The two statements are perfectly consistent if you adopt 'social contract' type views on government regulation of human behaviour.

Depends on the context, if someone has a beer but thinks they are under the limit and then happens to crash their car, I'd probably think they're an idiot and made a bad choice, but I'd still feel bad for them.

Depends on the context, if someone has a beer but thinks they are under the limit and then happens to crash their car, I'd probably think they're an idiot and made a bad choice, but I'd still feel bad for them.

It’d be tough to have any sympathy for anyone who marches around town protesting for their right to choose to drink drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but in the next breath

They have the freedom to not get vaccinated, peacefully protest the vaccine mandate (amongst other things) in the middle of the city and pretty much say whatever they want as far as their crackpot theories go.
They don't have the freedom to not be judged by the rest of society for these actions.

They have the freedom to not get vaccinated, peacefully protest the vaccine mandate (amongst other things) in the middle of the city and pretty much say whatever they want as far as their crackpot theories go.
They don't have the freedom to not be judged by the rest of society for these actions.

I'm not sure much of this is relevant to the post you quoted. My post was about folks with the whole "get vaccinated for others" mantra, while showing almost no sympathy for anyone with a slightly different opinion.

Seems a bit hypocritical

but in the next breath

Personally, I struggled to understand people that say that they aren't anti-vax, they are just pro-choice.

Ok, so why not CHOOSE to get vaccinated? And why get angry at those that have made the choice to be vaccinated?

Where's yesterday's positivity gone mate?
Sorry but I have no sympathy whatsover for anti-vaxxers.

Haha you wrongly assume I'm an anti-vaxxer.

My positivity is towards the footy club.

This mandate forced jab s**t is wrong regardless of the safety and veracity of it.

Not sure anyone can agree with forced medical procedures. 🤷

I'm not sure much of this is relevant to the post you quoted. My post was about folks with the whole "get vaccinated for others" mantra, while showing almost no sympathy for anyone with a slightly different opinion.

Seems a bit hypocritical

i'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense. You are equating caring about someone getting a serious and potentially life threatening disease, vs respecting someone's crackpot opinion gleaned from too much time on Facebook and Youtube. They're apples and oranges.

Personally, I struggled to understand people that say that they aren't anti-vax, they are just pro-choice.

Ok, so why not CHOOSE to get vaccinated? And why get angry at those that have made the choice to be vaccinated?

There's plenty of people who are vaccinated who are anti the mandates.

Seems a bit hypocritical
I don't get what there even is to be sympathetic about for people who don't get the vaccine?
I would have sympathy for people who can't get the vaccine at all and catch it off some anti-vaxxer who decided they wouldn't get the vaccine because they read about it being bad on some right wing fruit loop, Trump loving Qanon Facebook page.
But the anti-vaxxer morons get no sympathy whatsover for it from me.

It's not a great analogy in my mind

It's a s**t analogy and he knows it.

Enforcing people to not be drunk when they are in control of a vehicle is a world apart from forcing a syrum into someone's arm to keep their job for the sake of others.

A permanent vaccine in someone's body is a whole lot different to not drinking a few beers lol.

There's plenty of people who are vaccinated who are anti the mandates.

Sure. I don't personally like the idea of a mandate either. I think people should be able to come to the right conclusions on their own...

Unfortunately, history shows that a certain percentage can't.

Like the people that were against seatbelt laws or drink-driving restrictions.

Haha you wrongly assume I'm an anti-vaxxer.

My positivity is towards the footy club.

This mandate forced jab sh*t is wrong regardless of the safety and veracity of it.

Not sure anyone can agree with forced medical procedures. 🤷
I do understand being anti-mandate, being worried and opposed to government over reach is definitely a concern.
I still don't understand why anyone would willingly avoid getting a vaccine that protects them (and helps protect the rest of society around them) from a harmful disease.
The mandate has unfortunately had to be made because a small portion of the population are easily mislead. Without it we'd probably be waiting another year for our borders to reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back