List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I simply can't get my head around those that completely ignore pick 2 would have been swallowed by North bidding on Daicos.

The only explanation I can imagine is runaway anti-club bias.
Bit of a misnomer there. Yes it’s likely Norf would have bid, but the club would have been prepared for that outcome and traded pick 2 in to 2022, so the idea it would have been swallowed up is as likely as the idea we would have been able to use pick 2 and also get Daicos.

As for the anti club bias garbage, give it a rest. Every poster here wants what’s best for the club, even if their idea of what’s best is different to yours.

Dib will have to prove himself next year for a chance at MSD. Its never over just because you dont get picked the first time around.

His big issue is that he needs to find a spot - he's not a top notch pressure small forward with a nose for goal, he's not a shut down small defender, nor is he a midfielder, probably more a slightly awkward mix of all three and his height doesn't help either.

Perhaps he gets onto an AFL list after another year or two of development at state league level, but otherwise I think he has all the attributes to carve out a very solid 15-year career in the VFL.

Dib will have to prove himself next year for a chance at MSD. Its never over just because you dont get picked the first time around.

Very True but us not Nominating Him Proves other Club Agreed.

Might be put on our VFL List

His big issue is that he needs to find a spot - he's not a top notch pressure small forward with a nose for goal, he's not a shut down small defender, nor is he a midfielder, probably more a slightly awkward mix of all three and his height doesn't help either.

Perhaps he gets onto an AFL list after another year or two of development at state league level, but otherwise I think he has all the attributes to carve out a very solid 15-year career in the VFL.
Yeah, needs to nail down a spot, has played almost everywhere.

Jack Madgen is now a depth player.

His time may come but I'm glad we didn't jump on him the moment we saw potential. We're taking a conservative, safe path and not trying to do a speed rebuild.

Let’s for the sake of the argument value 45 47 48 and 49 identically. Two in two out nets to nil .

A future third in and out also more or less nets to nil.

That means we traded a future 4th for Draper?
pretty much especially when you consider what Brisbane's F3 would be... a pick in the 50's likely.

Pretty happy with our work over the past few days! Some good drafting, I'm not too concerned about the lack of height from last night's picks, Dean in the mix now and we have got a few young guys on the list already we can look to develop further (Kelly, McMahon, Begg).

Excited for 2022!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with our work over the past few days! Some good drafting, I'm not too concerned about the lack of height from last night's pucks, Dean in the mix now and we have got a few young guys on the list already we can look to develop further (Kelly, McMahon, Begg).

Excited for 2022!
Yep, plus Johnson too. A lot more options now - let's hope there's a proper VFL season this time too.

We went into the trade and draft period with ..

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 34
2021 Pick 39
2021 Pick 41
2021 Pick 45

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

We came out of the trade and draft period with …

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper
2021 Pick 49 Cooper Murley
2021 Pick 52 Harvey Harrison

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round
2022 Richmond third round
2022 Western Bulldogs third round

… that all seems like a good outcome?
Add Charlie Dean an Isaac Chugg to that list too.

I simply can't get my head around those that completely ignore pick 2 would have been swallowed by North bidding on Daicos.

The only explanation I can imagine is runaway anti-club bias.
I don't care about anyone's involvement if we had retained pick 2 north would have bid at pick 1.
I was going to leave this John and concentrate on this years draft which has been so much better than 2020. However if you want to persist the one thing that wouldnt have happened is the senario you are pushing that pick 2 would have been consumed as Daicos points. If North bid we trade 2 for a very valuable 2022 1st and if they dont we have Daicos plus Callaghan. Thats how it would have ended if we had the pick on draft day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back