List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why people are upset about Davis getting another shot.

The club pretty much said that they were planning to redraft him back in October when he was delisted. At the end of the day we've got the youngest list in the AFL by a mile so if the club feels that Davis still has something to offer, even if it's from an indigenous leadership point of view, then it's not really going to a have a huge impact on our list.
Agree

Did anyone see Davis last 2 games ? Showed he can play at the level , not first choice 22 but as the first and second years develop next year some decent depth and then if he doesn’t make it frees up a spot when others will be persisted with
Spoke with his family over the past couple of days they were very hopeful
The dumb thing is I forgot I knew at least one member
Without doing a Randall and this is my personal opinion he has comfort in SA so maybe hard to move outside
I think he should keep up the dream and work his butt off
Rowes dream came true
yes lots of eyes on him next year , needs to hit weights room and get his endurance to elite level and he’s a big chance

Is this the best highlights of someone not drafted? Crazy amount of talent. Must have had some desire issues or something?

Strange.. some will say “but its only a highlight reel!!”..

but * me.. its 10 minutes long and shows a kid that has unbeliveable evasive skills, is profficient on both feet, makes good decisions, has a fair wack of x factor about him and is fast..

Could it be possible that this is all the best vision from his career being shown… and the rest of the time he’s garbage?.. surely not..

he looks a thousand times more exciting a prospect than benny davis..

I heard the club got spooked when Sturt indicated they might look at Ben Davis to pair with his brother and they jumped.

Nah it doesn't the counter argument it says he's rated given he keeps getting a contract. Look at how we've managed him:

1st game after having his contract extended is against Geelong at Geelong where we always get pumped. Doesn't get another game.
Is talked up during the 2020 preseason, plays first game against at Sydney and despite getting coaches votes doesn't get another game in 2020.

Then we change his position and he gets a couple of late games and looks ok, contract is extended.

So either Reid and Ogilvie re-rookie him without consulting the coaches or they rate him enough to give him a full year in that position.
I recall a time ( I believe) where he trained in Tom Lynch's role and I am sure it was a couple of pre seasons ago
He was focused on that
Then that fell in a hole

Benny has to own this year.
The thing is he is very talented and versatile.
I have said a few times on this board does he have the concentration level ?
Is he confused? I don’t know
He’s had a few line coaches as well
I mean look at Chayce Jones a top pick and sent on a spin the broom trick
We have sucked at developing these past years
Ben deserves opportunity for at least another year
Then curtains

I don't understand why people are upset about Davis getting another shot.

The club pretty much said that they were planning to redraft him back in October when he was delisted.

At the end of the day we've got the youngest list in the AFL by a mile so if the club feels that Davis still has something to offer, even if it's from an indigenous leadership point of view, then it's not really going to a have a huge impact on our list.

It's not like we've blown a valuable draft pick on him.
We don't have the youngest list at all, let alone by a country mile. North's list is younger, by a massive 0.12 years (average).

Yes, it was flagged early, to prepare us for the bad news. That doesn't make it a good idea, or even a fair idea. It was a bad decision, a dog eating its own vomit.

The only thing that re-listing Davis does is cost us a SPP/ mid season draft selection if no one else is on the long term injury list.

Obscure reference, but I remember the scene in Escape to Victory where they broke the current goal keeper's arm so that they could bring Sylvester Stallone. I hope Ben's been asked to watch that movie as part of bringing him back on. We'll make it a clean break, Ben.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of those for Dees and Tigers are starting mids?
Prestia, Lambert, Bolton, Edwards, Viney, Neal-Bullen, Langdon + a couple of starting half backs and forwards on either side (Pickett, Bowey and Short)

For us it would be Crouch, Laird and Schoenberg + McHenry, Jones, Brown and draftees

I recall a time ( I believe) where he trained in Tom Lynch's role and I am sure it was a couple of pre seasons ago
He was focused on that
Then that fell in a hole

Then curtains
That was 2020 preseason, he played in the preseason matches, played it against Swans rd 1 and earned coaches votes. Only to never get a game after the covid resumption until late 2021. If ever a players been mismanaged it’s Davis. He should have played a number of games by name so we knew one way or another.

Players 182cm and shorter

Adelaide - 14
Melbourne - 11
Richmond - 15 (including 6 at or below 178cm)

Non issue
Richmond showed how much it can actually help if you have some good players with height around them

the footy spends more time on the ground and below eye level than above

Cook / Dawson / Gollant / Nankervis / Seedsman / Mcadam / etc mid -forward with height

Isn’t that prior to this draft and now it’s 17?

There’s also the mix of what positions they play.
No it's including this latest draft crop

The 14 are Rowe, Murphy, Newchurch, Berry, Brown, Schoenberg, McHenry, Jones, Crouch, Laird, Parnell, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor

He was focused on that
Then that fell in a hole

Then curtains
Was this supposed to rhyme? I'm not very good at poetry.

That was 2020 preseason, he played in the preseason matches, played it against Swans rd 1 and earned coaches votes. Only to never get a game after the covid resumption until late 2021. If ever a players been mismanaged it’s Davis. He should have played a number of games by name so we knew one way or another.
Has he been beating the door down at sanfl level? No.

Look at the chances he’s had, you can complain about the years on the list but the opportunities and way he’s been treated have been a joke.
Hey, I hope he comes out and proves everyone wrong. No fan should be actively hoping our players fail so good luck to him. IMO ROC had even fewer opportunities and I would have rather seen him given another go if that's the approach we are taking.

We don't have the youngest list at all, let alone by a country mile. North's list is younger, by a massive 0.12 years (average).

Yes, it was flagged early, to prepare us for the bad news. That doesn't make it a good idea, or even a fair idea. It was a bad decision, a dog eating its own vomit.

When did you turn into a drama merchant? Really over the top.

Back