List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Heard Brad Hardie on the radio earlier and he mentioned Eagles fans bagging Chesser on footy boards, and he had a bit of a whack at those people, 'give the kids a chance, it's not his fault what number his name is called out, he does not get a say in it'.

So I'm wondering if Brad reads up here?

Anyway, Hi Brad, how's it hanging?

Heard Brad Hardie on the radio earlier and he mentioned Eagles fans bagging Chesser on footy boards, and he had a bit of a whack at those people, 'give the kids a chance, it's not his fault what number his name is called out, he does not get a say in it'.

So I'm wondering if Brad reads up here?

Anyway, Hi Brad, how's it hanging?
Hi mate. Thanks for listening

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here or not, but I feel like Bazzo and J. Williams have really great chances of developing into gun KPPs solely because of the people at the club they can learn off of.

Baz has Gov and Barrass to rub off of and Williams has got Kennedy, Darling, and Allen to help him. Combine that with likely long stints in the WAFL to help develop their skills further, and we could be looking at a sturdy-ass spine in 3-4 years or so.

I assume logistically wed only be able to have WA based players as train ons.
We brought in that guy from SA a few years back.fast as winger. Did his knee whilst training with us.never heard from again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if shep retires we've got 2 spots or we cant replace him?
You'd think if they knew he was going they mightve used the existing pick

I'm ok on our picks in this draft although I would have had Johnson in front of Chesser.
If we had of got Johnson and an extra future 2nd + our second nights picks i would have been standing up and applauding .

But I'm just not that happy with chesser TBH .

Low production flanker who has been out with injury and rated to go in the 20s for pick 14 when we had the perfect fit for our needs .

Suppose ROB has to pick 1 Victorian kid to prove its worth him being based in Melbourne.

It especially Gauls me because we chose the exact type player reaching with our 2nd pick aswell .

Also burning a future 4th on Clark after he has been overlooked by every club for 5 years and every club for 60 picks this year is just amateurish

So if shep retires we've got 2 spots or we cant replace him?
You'd think if they knew he was going they mightve used the existing pick

We've known Sheppard, for so long
Your head's been aching but,
ROB's too shy to say it

Last edited:
So we should all expect Chesser, Hough and Clark to line up with the midfield group at training. Whats the bet it doesn't happen?

If we had of got Johnson and an extra future 2nd + our second nights picks i would have been standing up and applauding .

But I'm just not that happy with chesser TBH .

Low production flanker who has been out with injury and rated to go in the 20s for pick 14 when we had the perfect fit for our needs .

Suppose ROB has to pick 1 Victorian kid to prove its worth him being based in Melbourne.

It especially Gauls me because we chose the exact type player reaching with our 2nd pick aswell .

Also burning a future 4th on Clark after he has been overlooked by every club for 5 years and every club for 60 picks this year is just amateurish
whinging about the future fourth is looking for something to complain about. We have one first rounder, two second rounders and a third rounder already for next year and add to the fact teams start passing in the 4th.

Imagine had we missed out on him.

So we should all expect Chesser, Hough and Clark to line up with the midfield group at training. Whats the bet it doesn't happen?

Not only at training, but also at the first CBD of the 2022 season, that's what all all 18 year old draftees do, right? If we'd picked Hobbs or Johnson they'd be racking up clearances like the 2006 premiership team racked up lines on their way to the next 3 flags.

*not a go at you, just at the posters who think our draft picks would walk into our midfield day dot and make a difference. Sam Walsh and that fat ginger from GC aren't pick 12's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back