List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that the dust has settled a little bit.

In hindsight I think the worst list management decision of the offseason (and there weren't many) was probably re-signing Kyron Hayden. Not his or the clubs fault really, as they picked best available at the draft and it so happened we've picked up 3 guys capable of playing half back or as a medium defender.

I really struggle to see where he fits. Big modied midfielder? Not anymore. Greenwood is that and Anderson is going to have a hard enough time getting a game in a overflowing midfield group, let alone Hayden. He'd be last of a logjam of about 10 highly talented midfielders.

Medium defender? Well he's competing with Ziebell, Hall, McDonald, Bonar, Turner, Young, Atu, Perez, Goater, Bergman and Archer.........

It's harsh, but Greenwood coming available probably threw a lot of plans out the window.

I would trade Hayden for Dean in a heartbeat from a list balance perspective.

Godfather offer to Darcy Moore please

In hindsight I think the worst list management decision of the offseason (and there weren't many) was probably re-signing Kyron Hayden. Not his or the clubs fault really, as they picked best available at the draft and it so happened we've picked up 3 guys capable of playing half back or as a medium defender.

I really struggle to see where he fits. Big modied midfielder? Not anymore. Greenwood is that and Anderson is going to have a hard enough time getting a game in a overflowing midfield group, let alone Hayden.

Medium defender? Well he's competing with Ziebell, Hall, McDonald, Bonar, Turner, Young, Atu, Perez, Goater, Bergman and Archer.........

It's harsh, but Greenwood coming available probably threw alot of plans out the window.

The worst list management decision is having lynch take up a rookie spot

I really struggle to see where he fits. Big modied midfielder? Not anymore. Greenwood is that and Anderson is going to have a hard enough time getting a game in a overflowing midfield group, let alone Hayden. He'd be last of a logjam of about 10 highly talented midfielders.

It's harsh, but Greenwood coming available probably threw a lot of plans out the window.

With the likes of Goater coming through the draft I could say the same about bonar. Both players really need to prove their worth in 2022 or its goodbye.

With the likes of Goater coming through the draft I could say the same about bonar. Both players really need to prove their worth in 2022 or its goodbye.

Bonar I believe is contracted for 2023 but I agree in relation to competition for spots in that area of the ground.

Turner, P Walker, Hayden, Hall, Perez I believe are all out of contract at the end of 2022, as is Anderson and Scott.

So in terms of the original post, Hayden is a real reach to make it as there is a logjam in the backline and the midfield.

And Atu might be another contracted to 2022.

Last edited:
This kind of thing is a bit silly, mate. Bonar played excellent footy at AFL level before he got injured last year. Goater has played probably less than 10 u18 games in 2 years.

I get that he's the shiny new toy and I'm as stoked as anyone to have him, but a lot of the reports are that while he's gifted and an athletic freak, he's still quite raw. Bonar is still well ahead of Goater.

This kind of thing is a bit silly, mate. Bonar played excellent footy at AFL level before he got injured last year. Goater has played probably less than 10 u18 games in 2 years.

I get that he's the shiny new toy and I'm as stoked as anyone to have him, but a lot of the reports are that while he's gifted and an athletic freak, he's still quite raw. Bonar is still well ahead of Goater.
Was more refrencing the fact we have 6-7 guys all competing for the same 2 spots on field, and its getting to the stage in our development when players who don't step up to play consistent AFL games will get traded or delisted. Look at the contracts up for renewal in 2022, outside of TT and Zurhaar almost all are in our backline; a position we just brought another 3 players in who play there.

Couldn't agree more. Just a waste of a spot

Where’s the 2022 trade thread.

In Darcy Moore , Ben King and No Jelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With two list spots left (one for Lynch) I presume we will now invite a few prospects including WWalker to train over summer & make a decision at the Pre- season draft. I hope there is a KPD in the invitees.

With two list spots left (one for Lynch) I presume we will now invite a few prospects including WWalker to train over summer & make a decision at the Pre- season draft. I hope there is a KPD in the invitees.

The pre season draft was yesterday, do you mean like a pre list lodgement date? Or is there another draft this year?

The pre season draft was yesterday, do you mean like a pre list lodgement date? Or is there another draft this year?
I am not sure of the name but I think we have the ability to add one more player other than Lynch to the list prior to next season. We invited Sam Skinner to train over last summer but did not end taking him. At this stage we have 42 on the list plus Lynch to come so there is one spot left.

Agreed. Aiden was a high pick for a reason too. I haven't seen Goater play a game, but from highlights and write ups he seems to be a different beast from the role Aiden plays.

Lachie Young would be the bloke most worried by Goater I reckon.

You do remember Bon was coming in the top 5 in the bnf this year after first half dozen games or so right? So I guess that means the coaches think he's doing something right.

Agreed. Aiden was a high pick for a reason too. I haven't seen Goater play a game, but from highlights and write ups he seems to be a different beast from the role Aiden plays.

Lachie Young would be the bloke most worried by Goater I reckon.
Yep. Bonar is the perfect match up for those really tough tweener medium forwards, the Cam Zurhaars of the opposition if you like. Judging by his profile and highlights, I see Goater as more of like an athletic half back who can do a bit of intercepting but also attack off half back, bit like a shorter Ridley maybe.

Yep. Bonar is the perfect match up for those really tough tweener medium forwards, the Cam Zurhaars of the opposition if you like. Judging by his profile and highlights, I see Goater as more of like an athletic half back who can do a bit of intercepting but also attack off half back, bit like a shorter Ridley maybe.

Yep, very different players.

Goater reminds me of Lachie's much better youbger brother Hayden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back