Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always considered that, despite the diatribe by fans at the end of his career, we never truly replaced David Myers in the midfield.

I mean in the sense of a player with a big frame that was willing and able to just crash bodies, carve out space for other mids at stoppages and destroy opponents in a tackle. We needed someone who could do the dirty, grunt oriented aspects that all good midfields have.
He didn't have huge personal numbers, but statistically our midfield in general fared better when he was in our stoppage mix.

I have no idea if this kid is that, but he is big, strong, aggressive and loves the physical aspect of the game, including tackling. Kicking skills be damned, he is halfway to what we need already.
Heath Hocking did the blocking

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kids forward craft against men in his local comp as far back as 2019 at 16yo has been second to none in limited games and has been just as if not more physical than he has been in underage games. Can slot them from 45-50m and mark anything that comes near him. Step up at AFL level but good luck to him. Recruiters have noted agility is his problem which for me wasnt a big issue until I seen him this season, was always a tall kid but shot up last year or so so hopefully its just his body taking time to catch up with his growth.

Kids forward craft against men in his local comp as far back as 2019 at 16yo has been second to none in limited games and has been just as if not more physical than he has been in underage games. Can slot them from 45-50m and mark anything that comes near him. Step up at AFL level but good luck to him. Recruiters have noted agility is his problem which for me wasnt a big issue until I seen him this season, was always a tall kid but shot up last year or so so hopefully its just his body taking time to catch up with his growth.
The bit i love is hes shot up this year. Usually takes player a bit to get use to a rapid growth increase and he seems to have handled. No doubt a huge reward little risk type

Can he be more than Townsend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This draft truck had basically recruited players with grunt and aggression … Hobbs is a competitive beast who’s in your face and Voss who’s a man mountain and if he hits you ..you stay hit … along with Draper ,stringer , parish , Merrett in the guts … the centre bounced will because a place to fear for opposition …. Gotta love this

This draft truck had basically recruited players with grunt and aggression … Hobbs is a competitive beast who’s in your face and Voss who’s a man mountain and if he hits you ..you stay hit … along with Draper ,stringer , parish , Merrett in the guts … the centre bounced will because a place to fear for opposition …. Gotta love this
The Blue collar Bombers :cool:

Anyone know what his tanks like? Given he’s played both forward and defence, wonder if we just sit him in the VFL to develop him as a mid similar to what we did with Langford.

Actually reminds me a bit of Max Rooke. Very rough around the edges.

Anyone know what his tanks like? Given he’s played both forward and defence, wonder if we just sit him in the VFL to develop him as a mid similar to what we did with Langford.
6m30s 2km I think it was reportes in local paper during the week.

The bit i love is hes shot up this year. Usually takes player a bit to get use to a rapid growth increase and he seems to have handled. No doubt a huge reward little risk type

Can he be more than Townsend?
On what I seen of Townsend at the same age yes Voss has more talent.

He's intent to tackle and do damage reminds me of NLM and Ambrose.
One of my best memories of NLM is him wrestling both Carr brothers at the same time then dropping one of them (Matthew I think) with a short right hook.

It's got nothing to do with Voss but gee that was beautiful to watch

You should really draft someone like Voss every year and see what kind of player they can turn into.

Bit of pick your own adventure given the tools he looks to have, potential to be a slightly undersized but strong, physical key position player like Darling or Mihocek or a Greenwood or Cripps in the middle.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back