Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jesus those highlights! Multiple chasedown tackles in a highlights package for a big man, and absolutely oozing mongrel. Hope he can play because he's going to be an absolute beast. Good composure and looks like a good mark.
How was the number of times he broke out of a tackle, baulked or turned sharply and skilfully disposed of the ball, even by a dainty checkside pass in one bit of play. Like wow!

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
His highlights make him look like Charlie's replacement an absolute BEAST of aggression he could develop into a scary good CHF

On CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree.
He's the Chuck KPP replacement.
Not a ruckman per se, but could probably take the taps in the forward half reasonably effectively, like Charlie does.

How was the number of times he broke out of a tackle, baulked or turned sharply and skilfully disposed of the ball, even by a dainty checkside pass in one bit of play. Like wow!
The vibe does seem to be 'angry Peter Ladhams'.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
The vibe does seem to be 'angry Peter Ladhams'.

Loved this bit...

“He competed not like a tall. He liked the contact, he liked to chase he liked to tackle, he liked to body up and that’s pretty rare for young talls,” he said. “They normally take the time to learn about their bodies.

“The preseason 2020 that we lost, he and Ollie Lord [drafted by Port Adelaide in 2020] were doing some bodywork, nearly to a point where I was telling them both to settle down.

:D

It was mainly the hair, but a few of those marks and ground level skills reminded me of Stephen Kernahan.

That's purely a visual comparison, not a comment on his ceiling.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
It was mainly the hair, but a few of those marks and ground level skills reminded me of Stephen Kernahan.

PERFECT!

Visentini with Sticks' play and Sinn with Sticks' hair.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Have we heard him speak/sing Tammy Wynette songs yet?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1637900112769.png

Gotcha. "Bitumen" ... or B!tch for short.

Could catch on.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well after all the concerns from BF with us having such a poor draft situation and after we let Ladhams go, we seem to have covered most of our glaring deficits position wise.
We’ve done ok in terms of filling positions this post-season, with the only exception of small, goal-kicking forward. It’s whether the people brought into those positions do any good now. Time will tell

Valentino

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
Beside myself
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VR46 and SSC Napoli
I didn't realise there was anyone outside my family with this last name, nor did I know there was anyone in the draft class with it, and he goes to Port of all teams??? This is insane!!!!
Expecting people to both the pronounciation here but it's pronounced VIZ-en-TI-ni
Is the heritage of the name from the Venice region?

Is the heritage of the name from the Venice region?
My family hails from the city of Trieste which is also in northern Italy, not far from the border with Slovenia. It does appear the name is even more common in the Venice region than in Trieste though. It is a variation on the more common Visentin which appears to be around 10x more common.

Back