Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Think you are being a bit unfair. He pretty much built RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg into what they are today, had lots of success at Schalke and got Hoffenheim from the 3rd division to mid table in the Bundesliga in 5 years. If he can get us top 4 this season before we transition to Poch then great. His impact will be greater in the role he takes on at the end of the season.
Im not sure he's an immediate results kinda guy though. More builds up over time. He will be up against it to get United into that 4th spot. You'd think there is only one CL spot remaining with City, Liverpool and Chelsea probably locks to finish top three in some order.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Im not sure he's an immediate results kinda guy though. More builds up over time. He will be up against it to get United into that 4th spot. You'd think there is only one CL spot remaining with City, Liverpool and Chelsea probably locks to finish top three in some order.
He is most definitely an immediate results kinda guy. At Hoffenheim, Schalke and Leipzig. He has no longevity as a manager at clubs for whatever reason (usually falling out with the owners) but that doesn't matter to United as he will only be in charge until the summer. The issue for me is he has never managed in the prem and he probably isn't used to having so many prima donnas in his squads in their supposed 'prime'. His other teams have been full of very good young talents like the below which are obviously easier to manage and motivate when they are young:

1637923085374.png

He could be really good for the development of our younger players trying to break through from the academy.

Can someone tell me why the United big wigs are so keen on Poch as long term manager, he has won sweet fanny Adams as gaffer, if you want to talk about overrated managers in world football, he is right up there.

I am just relieved Zizou knocked them back.

Why does the number of trophies a manager has won matter? How many trophies has Bielsa won?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Can someone tell me why the United big wigs are so keen on Poch as long term manager, he has won sweet fanny Adams as gaffer, if you want to talk about overrated managers in world football, he is right up there.

Poch improves players and doesn't need a lot of money to be successful (in relative terms). Kane and Son are the only guys still playing at the level they were under Poch and both improved significantly under him. He's not afraid to play young players too. I'm sure there are other reasons and JD talked about him over the last few pages in this thread.

Besides, Mou and LVG came in with all their success and trophies and it meant nothing. Couple of cups but no serious title challenges.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC

Coz he has a good agent. Same with this German professor. Doesn't matter about your caliber as a coach all you need is a good agent.

Coz he has a good agent. Same with this German professor. Doesn't matter about your caliber as a coach all you need is a good agent.

I don't even think I could name who's managing Real these days. Can't be anyone good if Sociedad are a chance of taking the title off you.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
He is most definitely an immediate results kinda guy. At Hoffenheim, Schalke and Leipzig. He has no longevity as a manager at clubs for whatever reason (usually falling out with the owners) but that doesn't matter to United as he will only be in charge until the summer. The issue for me is he has never managed in the prem and he probably isn't used to having so many prima donnas in his squads in their supposed 'prime'. His other teams have been full of very good young talents like the below which are obviously easier to manage and motivate when they are young:

View attachment 1288060

He could be really good for the development of our younger players trying to break through from the academy.
Huh? Haaland never played under him as sporting director or manager. Whoever did this list is self fellating.

Firmino joined in 2011, Ragnick left in 2010 at Hoffenheim.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Huh? Haaland never played under him as sporting director or manager. Whoever did this list is self fellating.

Firmino joined in 2011, Ragnick left in 2010 at Hoffenheim.
Firmino signed in December 2010. Rangnick resigned in January 2011.

I don't know about the Haaland stuff but publications around the world are running with it.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Firmino signed in December 2010. Rangnick resigned in January 2011.

I don't know about the Haaland stuff but publications around the world are running with it.
Yeah but publications around the world run with errors all the time. Journalism has really gone downhill, there are no checks anymore.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
ragnick resigned as director of salzburg about 3-4 years before haaland signed with salzburg. he didnt sign neuer as neuer came through schalke's academy. including 2 loans, alaba was signed like a day before he left and esr made like 2 appearances.

who knew journalism was so lazy?

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Rangnick is saying he doesn't like back passes to the goalie because he is the worst player on the field. That's valid to some extent. But I would argue that a goalkeeper that has skills on the ball like Ederson, Allison, Mendy gives you a tactical advantage over a team that goes back to the keeper as a last resort and a big hoof upfield.

United’s keeper is their best player judging by all the MOM awards he continually wins and I would say he is technically better outfield player than most of their squad at least better than mcfred and McGuire

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back