Prediction 2022 Best 22 Teams and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So Walters is there but no Fyfe or TBone ?
I like Walker on the wing
I’ve got a good feeling about Brodie too .

I reckon you’ve got more chance of any of the following than Sturt being there in 3 years
• Big fish trade
• Johnson or Benning playing forward
• A ready made draft pick
• one of our young crew turning into a half forward ( Freddy , O Driscoll ?? )
Lol I knew I missed someone. Taberner will be there. I’m bullish on Sturt, he’s very good.
Now I will have to tweak my team to put the big TBone in.

Projecting what we could be looking like during our biggest premiership window in 2 -3 years time:

Ryan Cox Logue
Young Pearce Chapman
Walker Serong Clark
Sturt Lobb Erasmus
Fyfe Amiss Walters
Darcy, Brayshaw, Brodie
Switkowski, Treacy, Johnson, Henry

I’m sure I’m missing someone but remember this projecting forward 2-3 years so Mundy wasn’t considered. I’m expecting us to perform well enough this year to retain Lobb. 12 months is a very long time. Brodie will become an instant star star next year, fight me if you think I’m wrong. He is quality with a capital Q
You're missing Luke Jackson with Lobb gone. Well that's my prediction anyway. PLus I think Freddy will be burning on the wing this year. Serong's a great judge and he said Freddy' his tip to be our break out player.

You're missing Luke Jackson with Lobb gone. Well that's my prediction anyway. PLus I think Freddy will be burning on the wing this year. Serong's a great judge and he said Freddy' his tip to be our break out player.
I'm happy for Tucker to play wing to allow Freddy to develop on the wing. Than Clark can replace Tucker later on.

Best 22 for me

Ryan Cox Young
Clarke Pearce Chapman
Tucker Brayshaw Walker
Sturt Taberner Erasmus
Schultz Lobb Switkowski
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Mundy Brodie Logue Frederick

Jeez this is hard.

Here’s my round 1 team sans Fyfe

FB. Ryan - Pearce - Logue
HB. Young - Cox - Chapman
C. Clark - Brayshaw - Frederick
HF. Sturt - Lobb - Switkowski
FF. Treacy - Tabs - Walters

Ruck. Darcy - Serong - Mundy

Int. Aish, Shultz, Walker, Erasmus/Johnson

Walker goes out when Fyfe returns.

Amiss first in line if a KPF or Sturt goes down.

Hamling first in line if a KPD goes down

Ethan Hughes / Walker first reserve for HBF’ers
Brodie, Tucker, Johnson, Valente, Crowden are midfield depth

I’m loving the pace and balance in the front and back thirds, if Worner does come on quickly as a wing I’ll be happy that we are able to upgrade on Frederick - I think his disposal and ball handling can be improved before he’s considered a lock, same too with Tucker

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll play now draft is done, unfortunately after a few changes none of the WA trifecta (Johnson, Erasmus, Amiss) made it😂

Best 22 for me

Ryan Logue Young
Clarke Pearce Chapman
Tucker Brayshaw Walker
Sturt Taberner Treacy
Schultz Lobb Switkowski

Darcy Fyfe Serong

Int
Mundy, Cox, Frederick, Henry

Odriscoll - Sub as “will train house down” summer 2022 and has already come back with good fitness

Lol I knew I missed someone. Taberner will be there. I’m bullish on Sturt, he’s very good.
Now I will have to tweak my team to put the big TBone in.
Gotta back the bone 👍
He’s finally getting his eye in after all these years

Last edited:
At least this years recruits if they suffer from the "go home" factor it only means for a BBQ on Sunday with a big bag of washing.
Love this 👆
You know , in the wash up of this draft , I do wonder if Cerra leaving hasn’t actually been a blessing in disguise for our club and WA footy in general ?
The speculation and anger at his departure last year surely helped changed the mindset of our draft team .
I know I’m not gonna miss him either way .

Love this 👆
You know , in the wash up of this draft , I do wonder if Cerra leaving hasn’t actually been a blessing in disguise for our club and WA footy in general ?
The speculation and anger at his departure last year surely helped changed the mindset of our draft team .
If Amiss ends up a top class kpf - as in a Coleman contender, it’ll be worth it.

Jackson won’t be going to freo any time soon. His parents are moving to Melbourne and apparently isn’t far off signing a new deal at Melbourne

Jackson won’t be going to freo any time soon. His parents are moving to Melbourne and apparently isn’t far off signing a new deal at Melbourne
The other thing is our salary cap is going to get squeezed as it is. If we had to put a killer contract down to entice a player that becomes more difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 Defenders
1. Pearce - Shut down tall
2. Cox - Intercepter tall
3. Logue - Shut defender
4. Ryan - Intercepter medium
5. Young - quarter back medium
6. Clark - line breaker small
7. Wilson - line breaker small

Unlucky
1. Hamling
2. Chapman
3. Walker

2 Rucks
1. Darcy - Main ruck
2. Lobb - Forward/Ruck

5. Forwards
1. Taberner - Tall Forward
2. Treacy - Third Tall
3. Erasmus- medium forward
4. Switta
5. Schultz

Unlucky
1. Amiss
2. Sturt
3. Colyer

8 Midfielders
1. Fyfe - inside beast
2. Mundy - inside beast
3. Brayshaw - hard running mid
4. Serong - Rover
5. Walters - Rover/Forward
6. Henry - Wing/Forward
7. Aish - Wing
8. Frederick- Wing/Forward

Unlucky
1. Tucker
2. Johnson
3. Brodie

Previous best 22 not mentioned
1. Acres
2. Hughes

The list is looking great but I still see forwards as a bit light on for quality so we'll need plenty of goals from the midfielders whether they're playing in the midfield or forward until we can add some more.

Defenders:
Pearce
Hamling
Cox
Logue
Young
Wilson
Ryan
Chapman
Hughes
Walker
Aish
Clark

Rucks:
Darcy
Meek
Benning

Midfielders:

Serong
Brayshaw
Mundy
Tucker
Fyfe
Fredrick
O'Driscoll
Valente
Western
Crowden
Banfield
Blakely
Acres
Erasmus
Johnson
Worner

Forwards:[/B]
Walters
Henry
Schultz
Lobb
Switta
Colyer
Sturt
Treacy
Taberner
Amiss

I am going all out here and predicting that, while still needing the inclusion of a quality goal kicking small forward, this is a premiership list in 2024. If they all stay fit, check out the sweet spot of that year in age demographics.

Ryan Pearce walker.
Young. Cox. Chapman
Clarke. Fyfe. Johnson
Erasmus taberner switta
Treacy. Amiss. Lobb.

Darcy Brayshaw. serong

Bench: logue, aish, Freddy, tucker,

Age of best 22
Ryan: 28
Pearce. 29.
Walker 22
Young 23
Cox. 26.
Chapman. 22
Clarke. 23.
Fyfe. 32
Fredericks. 24.
Darcy 26
Brayshaw 26
Serong. 24
Erasmus. 20
Taberner. 31.
Switta. 27.
Treacy 23
Amiss. 21
Lobb 31
Logue 26
Aish. 28
Johnson. 21
Tucker. 27

I am going all out here and predicting that, while still needing the inclusion of a quality goal kicking small forward, this is a premiership list in 2024. If they all stay fit, check out the sweet spot of that year in age demographics.

Ryan Pearce walker.
Young. Cox. Chapman
Clarke. Fyfe. Johnson
Erasmus taberner switta
Treacy. Amiss. Lobb.

Darcy Brayshaw. serong

Age of best 22
Pearce. 29.
Walker 22
Young 23
Cox. 26.
Chapman. 22
Clarke. 23.
Fyfe. 32
Fredericks. 24.
Darcy 26
Brayshaw 26
Serong. 24
Erasmus. 20
Taberner. 31.
Switta. 27.
Treacy 23
Amiss. 21
Lobb 31
Logue 26
Aish. 28
Johnson. 21
Tucker. 27
Mundy 39.

Ryan Pearce walker.
Young. Cox. Chapman
Clarke. Fyfe. Johnson
Erasmus taberner switta
Treacy. Amiss. Lobb.

Darcy Brayshaw. serong

Age of best 22
Pearce. 29.
Walker 22
Young 23
Cox. 26.
Chapman. 22
Clarke. 23.
Fyfe. 32
Fredericks. 24.
Darcy 26
Brayshaw 26
Serong. 24
Erasmus. 20
Taberner. 31.
Switta. 27.
Treacy 23
Amiss. 21
Lobb 31
Logue 26
Aish. 28
Johnson. 21
Tucker. 27
Replace Tucker with Walters

He would be 33 in 2024, so the oldest guy on this list. Would need to prove last year was a blip on the radar rather than dropping off a cliff in form. We learnt the hard way playing ballentyne 2 years too long in my opinion.
Tucker is overrated on this board. I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think he is up to it. He's a solid WAFL/emergency player but not b22 in the long term. Aish is ahead of him for me and even than in the long term I wouldn't place him in our b22.

Tucker is overrated on this board. I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think he is up to it. He's a solid WAFL/emergency player but not b22 in the long term. Aish is ahead of him for me and even than in the long term I wouldn't place him in our b22.
I agree.

People keep saying that Tucker kicking is elite.

He takes too long to kick the ball and the kicks tend to loop.

Tucker kicking is like a golfer who a great long game but his short game is pretty bad.

Therefore, Tucker long kicks are elite but his short kicks get picked off.

His running is elite but his production is too low and goes missing for quarters.

2019 Best year he had 19.1 possessions, and then he had injured years in 2020 and 2021.

It's time for him to step and get 22 - 25 possessions per game.

Love this 👆

It left us with a lot of cap space too. That's an important factor on where you draft people from. What would Cerra be on if he was drafted from a WAFL club, $450,000? So you're paying a premium to keep them. Same with guys like Logue and Chapman, we'd have to offer them 100k a year more if they were drafted from Vic Metro.

It left us with a lot of cap space too. That's an important factor on where you draft people from. What would Cerra be on if he was drafted from a WAFL club, $450,000? So you're paying a premium to keep them. Same with guys like Logue and Chapman, we'd have to offer them 100k a year more if they were drafted from Vic Metro.
Very true
I think Gav56 made a good point in that we are going to need that cap in a couple of years once all our current best young players need a pay rise.
Without jumping the gun it feels like we are finally getting the balance right .
There is actually only one reason I want to win a premiership now .... and it’s not the 25 years of pain
It’s not to honour the past legends who gave their all to the club
It’s not to pay respects to people like my mum who’ve been to nearly every game since 1995 and stick through the lowest of lows

......... it’s purely to shove that cup handles and all up DanWAs ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back