Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

No pressure on him but he needs to be our Robbie Gray, where Port supporters sit there and go "oh ffs, not this guy diddling us in a showdown again"

No pressure on him but he needs to be our Robbie Gray, where Port supporters sit there and go "oh ffs, not this guy diddling us in a showdown again"
I get the feeling that Thilthorpe is going to be one of those guys (he can be our tony lockett physically speaking) when he really gets going..They won't have anyone on their list capable of containing him if he is marking at the highest point and ragdolling their defenders like I think he is going to with an extra preseason or 2

Something that Haggis said struck me.

That he saw Josh playing in a school game inxa young side, and his team were getting bullied a bit.

He took it upon himself to stand up for all his mates as a senior type.

We don't have many players who wanted to do that, it's something Nicks appears to want to instill again.

Him and Ned should have this side of things covered for the next 10 years.

Guess who?

I get the feeling that Thilthorpe is going to be one of those guys (he can be our tony lockett physically speaking) when he really gets going..They won't have anyone on their list capable of containing him if he is marking at the highest point and ragdolling their defenders like I think he is going to with an extra preseason or 2

And the ones who can match him, he's going to be burning off as he possess a monster tank and the know-how to use it.

Though to be fair, he's probably burning off the ones he can physically monster as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So people watching him, a good point was made on Crow cast last night, why did he go from go from midfielder in U16 to a small forward in u18?

(Or did he actually play midfield, i don't know hence the question)
Crowcast is literally the worst Crom based podcast available. Midfielders are a dime the dozen, its well reported the high half forward role is arguably the toughest role to play, so if you can find someone who excels in that position, you play them there. Rachele was the best available, fills a need as we can move on from Murphy, Rowe and his upside is immense. Love that he's not a classic vanilla Adelaide pick as well, got some real arrogance about him, cant wait for him to upset some opposition fans.

Murphy is the new Mackay.

There wasn't a lot of things to like about Mackay. Even then, there's guys that max out at being a fringe player, nothing wrong with this and nobody cares when there's injuries and they're next man up and don't go all that well. Mackay's name came up a lot because of the selection imperative that saw him play 150 too many games and Talia play on a torn meniscus whilst not able to train. When you're an experienced guy delivering fringe quality then selectors should prioritise developing players. It's a selection philosophy issue, not a Mackay or Murphy issue.

Last edited:
Rachele is pretty good overhead for his size. The forward line in 3-5 years time looks pretty potent. Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Cook, Rachele, Gollant....that is 5 promising players in the forward half.

now we just need to bin the long and deep imperative and demand players hit up the targets that present. And players that consistently fail to make the right decision and/or execute that skill get pushed out or moved on.

Crowcast is literally the worst Crom based podcast available. Midfielders are a dime the dozen, its well reported the high half forward role is arguably the toughest role to play, so if you can find someone who excels in that position, you play them there. Rachele was the best available, fills a need as we can move on from Murphy, Rowe and his upside is immense. Love that he's not a classic vanilla Adelaide pick as well, got some real arrogance about him, cant wait for him to upset some opposition fans.
Crom is the worst crows based nickname too.

Something that Haggis said struck me.

That he saw Josh playing in a school game inxa young side, and his team were getting bullied a bit.

He took it upon himself to stand up for all his mates as a senior type.

We don't have many players who wanted to do that, it's something Nicks appears to want to instill again.

Feedback from a mate who knows Nicks - the drafted boys play “angry”. Reckon Nicks has certainly pushed for this in our drafting last two years. Pedlar, Berry last year and Soligo, Taylor this year.

2022 will be one of the biggest years in the clubs history - so many young kids, so many questions that need answering.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thilthorpe's showdown problem is that he takes marks. Won't bring the ball to ground was much as Dixon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back