The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want 99% of football fans to have any say in the running of the game.

Football authorities have more common sense, and they have very little.

That's a shame, I think in the circumstances it's suggested, a fan say is vital. It would have stopped the attempted name change of my club, for example, which was eventually stopped via fan consultation after a lot of time and expense anyway.

I don't think the suggestion is that fans would have a say in the day-to-day running of the club, just on heritage decisions.

They just need an independent regulator with no vested interests that has a clue about what's good for the game and what isn't.

Fans and fan groups should remain as a lobby, and a resource for the regulator to tap into when needed imo.

They just need an independent regulator with no vested interests that has a clue about what's good for the game and what isn't.

Fans and fan groups should remain as a lobby, and a resource for the regulator to tap into when needed imo.
agree wholeheartedly but I don't think this is possible unless it is someone from outside of football with a lot to lose if they are found to be corrupt.

agree wholeheartedly but I don't think this is possible unless it is someone from outside of football with a lot to lose if they are found to be corrupt.

And if they are outside football I think there'd be a pretty legitimate argument that they don't have a proper understanding of the game.

Last time the FA appointed independent regulators to decide on something, Wimbledon's owners got to jog the club up to Milton Keynes in 5 minutes. Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and say fans should be the deciding voice on things unless you think Germany, Portugal, Spain and numerous others have it all wrong.

Last time the FA appointed independent regulators to decide on something, Wimbledon's owners got to jog the club up to Milton Keynes in 5 minutes. Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and say fans should be the deciding voice on things unless you think Germany, Portugal, Spain and numerous others have it all wrong.
Something not quite right with that first sentence of yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1288202

Cracking song, cracking single art.

475225.gif

Have they run poll about Standard Chartered yet?

Theres no need to. Not owned by slave driving human rights abusers.

On the other hand

Good on Bayern fans for doing the same over their Qatari linked sponsorship. Some clubs fans arent comfortable being linked to human rights abusers. Other clubs fans dont mind as long as the money flows in. Each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back